Does the A2Z adapter work with Plug & Charge?

jgregov

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Escape
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just received the A2Z adapter. Went to a Tesla Supercharger to test it. I plugged it in and received a charge error. Then I opened the Tesla App, selected "Charge Your Other EV", seleted the charger number and it started charging. After 15 minutes of charging I tried another charger and had the same experience.
On my FordPass app I have Plug & Charge set ON and EA & Tesla have a check mark.
Did anyone experience a successful Plug & Charge on a Tesla supercharger using the A2Z adapter?
Sponsored

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Yes … I took a 2400 mile road trip from Michigan to Texas and back … using mostly Tesla SuperChargers with the A2Z adapter. I used Plug & Charge exclusively and it worked every time.

BTW you don’t need to use (or even have) the Tesla app on your phone as long as your FordPass is set up with a payment method on the account and Plug & Charge is enabled.

One note about the A2Z adapter. When I first received mine and before doing a road trip, I went to a local Tesla SuperCharger to make sure I knew how to use it. Getting the Tesla charge cable to fully insert into the A2Z adapter enough for the lock switch to slide and lock it (give it a good pull and make sure it can’t come out) was difficult. If it is not fully inserted and the locking switch fully engaged then it will not charge and you’ll get a charging error (after some delay).

I plugged the adapter on and off the Tesla cable several times and that seemed to help. It is now much easier to insert/remove the cord and the switch fully locks. I never had another problem with it.

OP
OP

jgregov

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes … I took a 2400 mile road trip from Michigan to Texas and back … using mostly Tesla SuperChargers. I used Plug & Charge exclusively and it worked every time.
Thanks, I'll have to try it again.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
OP
OP

jgregov

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

OP
OP

jgregov

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks! I was at the charger yesterday around noon. Last evening at 8:40pm I received a message in my FordPass app that said "Plug & Charge is now active". Should be fine next time I try it.
I watched your video when it first came out and decided to purchase the A2Z mostly because of it. Thank you for all of your videos! You guys are great!!!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
My A2Z I got last month has been flawless.

Works with both P&C and Tesla app.

I have to use the Tesla app in order to get the discounted member rate.

Sort of a pain, takes an extra 15 seconds.

Would love Ford to integrate the discount memberships for both EA & Tesla thru their BOCN.

Past month's Tesla usage - I think I got my $12.99 membership fee paid for...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Does the A2Z adapter work with Plug & Charge? Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 08.24.06

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
My A2Z adapter is delivered today.
A quick run to my local supercharger to test Plug&Charge and the Tesla app.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
My A2Z I got last month has been flawless.

Works with both P&C and Tesla app.

I have to use the Tesla app in order to get the discounted member rate.

Sort of a pain, takes an extra 15 seconds.

Would love Ford to integrate the discount memberships for both EA & Tesla thru their BOCN.

Past month's Tesla usage - I think I got my $12.99 membership fee paid for...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Does the A2Z adapter work with Plug & Charge? Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 08.24.06
If you are an EA participant, you will receive surveys that indicate that Ford is asking members and customers their preferences to incorporate the Tesla membership and EA membership into the BOCN. They working on it. How smooth that transition will be, we all going to find out. Use your Tesla and EA memberships active for now.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
If you are an EA participant, you will receive surveys that indicate that Ford is asking members and customers their preferences to incorporate the Tesla membership and EA membership into the BOCN. They working on it. How smooth that transition will be, we all going to find out. Use your Tesla and EA memberships active for now.
Yes, I got that survey recently and responded positively to include membership discounts thru BOCN.

Will see if that ever happens since the EA member rollout couple of years ago was a failure with Ford's end.

rbertonieresr

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Question, if you’re set up for plug and charge, how do you stop that from engaging so you can use the Tesla app?

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Yes, I got that survey recently and responded positively to include membership discounts thru BOCN.

Will see if that ever happens since the EA member rollout couple of years ago was a failure with Ford's end.
I have my opinions about that arrangement between Ford and EA.
The Job1 folks got 500KW from Ford to use in the EA network. I have my reservations of how that relationship unfolded the last couple years.
Especially after Ford decided that Tesla was a far better relationship.
We all know how this partnership,(TESLA), has unfolded to the detriment of EA. Again, that is my opinion.
For me, EA is my backup. Tesla is my primary choice as of today, as soon as I get my A2Z adapter……today.

CameraCarl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. It does. If it isn't working, you haven't received the P&C update for your car.

I'm awaiting arrival of my A2Z adapter and want to be ready for it. How can I know if I have received a P&C update for my car or not?

CameraCarl

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Make sure the P&C option is active in your FordPass app.
It is active, but there is a message at the top which says "We're still waiting for all of your charging networks to activate." The Electrify America icon has a check mark on it, but the Tesla icon says: "Certificate pending." It has said this for two weeks now, and the Ford chat line rep can't seem to figure out why. Hopefully someone here knows something that Ford does not.....

Can I still use the Tesla Superchargers when I get my adapter even if the Tesla certificate in Plug and Charge is still pending?
Sponsored