Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
On Apple CarPlay, Apple will estimate the remaining charge to the way point that you set. I have looked for a similar feature on Fird Nav and only see it if I do a formal trip planner. Simple navigation to a way point does not show like Apple what the remaking charge will be upon arrival.
So is there a way to see it or do I need to do a “ Trip planner” in order to see the charge level upon arrival?
I like the way Apple does this and was hoping to do similarly with Fird Nav.
Sorry if this has been discussed before.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
On Apple CarPlay, Apple will estimate the remaining charge to the way point that you set. I have looked for a similar feature on Fird Nav and only see it if I do a formal trip planner. Simple navigation to a way point does not show like Apple what the remaking charge will be upon arrival.
So is there a way to see it or do I need to do a “ Trip planner” in order to see the charge level upon arrival?
I like the way Apple does this and was hoping to do similarly with Fird Nav.
Sorry if this has been discussed before.
Yes, it will show the charge levels on the itinerary (left hand pane). Once you start navigating that disappears so you have to press a button to make it show up again.

OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Yes, it will show the charge levels on the itinerary (left hand pane). Once you start navigating that disappears so you have to press a button to make it show up again.
I am. Thinking about getting a dongle with the ABRP to have an accurate capability since I go to places that chargers are scarce. Have you used the ABRP with a dongle ever?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I am. Thinking about getting a dongle with the ABRP to have an accurate capability since I go to places that chargers are scarce. Have you used the ABRP with a dongle ever?
Nope, I do the math to figure it out myself. You can just use the app without a dongle too.

Opa

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
OP
OP

Handsfree

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
  • Banned
Nope, I do the math to figure it out myself. You can just use the app without a dongle too.
The dongle is not too expensive and gives real time data to the app. I find Apple is not bad since it seems to be about 1% off from what happens when you arrive. As more networks come on line, There will be less need for apps like ABRP. Sure hope Ford gets their software up to par, I drop a Tesla and Ford has a long ways to go with the software department. The know how to build a car, I think the software is lagging behind.
Sponsored