Does the Mach E support portable music players?

OP
OP
GW Shark

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
OK- I think this is gonna work out just fine! Thank all of you for the support. Can't wait to get her in and start having fun!

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've got a dozen USB drives laying around in my Mach E. The player controls one the Mach E are primitive compared to my Chevy Colorado, on the Chevy I could at least browse the directories on the drive and select where I wanted to start playing. All of my hundreds of CDs have been ripped onto my computer in the highest MP3 setting so I have long since given up on the radio.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The only real issue for me is the lack of scrolling in the list of songs while driving. Only selections via voice, which are iffy at best.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
The only real issue for me is the lack of scrolling in the list of songs while driving. Only selections via voice, which are iffy at best.
Agreed. I am still trying to find a voice command for “play all songs” after I play or request a single song that just plays over and over. I will try to find a cheat sheet for voice commands or if anyone knows, post it here.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I was not a Apple product Owner/supporter until my Company issued me an Iphone in 2014 (and I did not have any music on it). My Dad's old Ipod 20 GB is dead now, but Zune is still ticking.
Same - I never owned an Apple product until my employer forced one on me a couple years ago.

I still have my old Diamond Rio 500. I think it'll be tough to hook that up to the Mustang...

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Agreed. I am still trying to find a voice command for “play all songs” after I play or request a single song that just plays over and over. I will try to find a cheat sheet for voice commands or if anyone knows, post it here.
on mine, I just say play "song x" and if, it finds it, it continues on from there in alphabetical order. (turn off replay/repeat button) Or I can use the steering wheel controls to skip forward or back in alpha order. Aside from that, you have to pull over. The voice system is pretty bad in general and misses a lot. My Volvo's let me scroll to my hearts content among other things, and it lets me do while driving. (like dial the keypad on the phone). Ford is overly cautious, but then you fiddle elsewhere for a workaround, which is often times more distracting.

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I can't get my MME to recognize my iPod nano, 4th gen (2008). I get "Accessory Not Supported" on the iPod screen itself, but no message from the car. It's connected through the USB-A port in the media bin area. Any advice? New cord (even though the same cord worked on my old car)? I suppose I can transfer music to a thumb drive, but I want to just hit shuffle on the Nano.

nhdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ram 1500
Country flag
Check out page 141 of the owners manual:

1625774897316.png

1625774935275.png
The manual says there are three locations for the USB data ports, on the lower instrument panel, inside the media bin, and inside the center console. I only see the visible ports in the center console. Are there really more somewhere else?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The manual says there are three locations for the USB data ports, on the lower instrument panel, inside the media bin, and inside the center console. I only see the visible ports in the center console. Are there really more somewhere else?
No, it's an error.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I can't get my MME to recognize my iPod nano, 4th gen (2008). I get "Accessory Not Supported" on the iPod screen itself, but no message from the car. It's connected through the USB-A port in the media bin area. Any advice? New cord (even though the same cord worked on my old car)? I suppose I can transfer music to a thumb drive, but I want to just hit shuffle on the Nano.
This is just a classic case of apple using a proprietary protocol instead of a standard. The iPod protocol is old enough Ford hasn't been putting it in since probably 2014.

The only USB protocols it supports are Android Auto, Apple Car Play, and generic USB storage.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I tried my IPod Touch, it worked fine.
I tried my Sandisk sport Clip plus, it worked fine.
I tried my Zune 30 GB it……..to be continued tomorrow when the battery recharges. It’s been two years.
Oh, so you are the other guy who bought a Zune! LOL

My 80G still works great, but I needed more room so I went with a 160G iPod. Which also still works great. I have not tried either with the MME yet.

OP
OP
GW Shark

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I just tried my shanling player using the USB-C port. A USB icon popped up on the screen. Pressed it and the music started playing. The files are FLAC and it worked fine. I think the comments about the proprietary nature of Apple not permitting play are correct.

nhdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ram 1500
Country flag
No, it's an error.
My Lincoln MKZ had a hidden USB port under a panel on the center console. I plugged my mp3 stick into that and had USB 1 available for other things. I wonder if the Mach E may have a second port hidden under a panel somewhere.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My Lincoln MKZ had a hidden USB port under a panel on the center console. I plugged my mp3 stick into that and had USB 1 available for other things. I wonder if the Mach E may have a second port hidden under a panel somewhere.
If so, it's so well hidden that none of us have found it.
Sponsored