Dominion Power Rewards

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
Been keeping an eye out for this. Dominion appears to have finally opened their charging rewards to existing Chargepoint and Juicebox EVSE owners. You get $40 every year on your anniversary date (first one year after enrollment). Not a ton but everything helps right? $40 is about 307 free kwh where I am at in VA ($40 / $.13 per kWh) - more for me since I have solar.

https://www.dominionenergy.com/virginia/save-energy/ev-charger-rewards
Sponsored

OP
OP

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can't be used with the Off Peak Plan. :(
You may be better off though as I imagine if you charge at night your rate is much lower. They haven’t deployed smart meters yet where I am at, otherwise I’d be all over time of use if the math worked out.

I had incorrectly assumed they replaced my meter with a smart meter when I got solar. Not the case. Bi-directional meters are not the same as smart meters.

Last edited:

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
You may be better off though as I imagine if you charge at night your rate is much lower. They haven’t deployed smart meters yet where am at, otherwise I’d be all over time of use of the math worked out.

I had incorrectly assumed they replaced my meter with a smart meter when I got solar. Not the case. Bi-directional meters are not the same as smart meters.
I won't lie - I enjoy charging at 7¢/kWh at night. But I'm greedy. I want all the goodies!

dcohen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, MME on order
Country flag
I'm trying to see if we can qualify for this, but it is turning out to be a mess to try to take advantage of Dominion people with limited knowledge of the program (from a perspective of buying it from their "marketplace"). They make it seem like you can get the $125 rebate for buying a new, qualified EV charger at time of purchase through their website, but you apparently can't (as I was told after 2 hours on the phone/hold). Also, I'm trying to ensure having Solar and being on a Net Metering plan does not affect the program - no answer yet on that.

dcohen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity, MME on order
Country flag
I'm trying to see if we can qualify for this, but it is turning out to be a mess to try to take advantage of Dominion people with limited knowledge of the program (from a perspective of buying it from their "marketplace"). They make it seem like you can get the $125 rebate for buying a new, qualified EV charger at time of purchase through their website, but you apparently can't (as I was told after 2 hours on the phone/hold). Also, I'm trying to ensure having Solar and being on a Net Metering plan does not affect the program - no answer yet on that.
Just following up on this. Dominion actually called me back today to let me know that I would qualify for the program and rebate based on residential plan code (I think 101?) they said I was on. I'll look to take advantage of this and will post if there are any problems when things are installed and rebate is applied for and processed.

OP
OP

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to know and congrats! For awareness I haven’t had any updates regarding rewards after installation and ongoing charging at home.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Dominion Power Rewards 1658771447474

Just following up on this. Dominion actually called me back today to let me know that I would qualify for the program and rebate based on residential plan code (I think 101?) they said I was on. I'll look to take advantage of this and will post if there are any problems when things are installed and rebate is applied for and processed.
Sponsored