Don't be scared!

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
I spent the last 6 months after my test drive and subsequent order surfing these here forums. I have agonized over the problems I am gonna probably have with this car after reading post after post after post. Yesterday my GT was delivered and all I have experienced is pure adrenaline JOY. 15 min drive home from the dealer was flawless. Charging from my ChargePoint Home Flex installed 3 months ago was flawless. Obviously it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet but I am RELIEVED!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Don't be scared! IMG_0668
Sponsored

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Just ordered my GT on October 30, doing the same thing, reading this forum, while I wait 6 months for delivery. Even plan on installing a charger before it arrives like you. Very happy to see your relieved. I got to test drive a GT before I ordered, and loved it.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I got to drive my car for about 10-15 minutes yesterday. All my worries melted. I can’t wait until it’s ready

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I got to drive my car for about 10-15 minutes yesterday. All my worries melted. I can’t wait until it’s ready
NICE, the hours you wait will move in slow motion..

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I spent the last 6 months after my test drive and subsequent order surfing these here forums. I have agonized over the problems I am gonna probably have with this car after reading post after post after post. Yesterday my GT was delivered and all I have experienced is pure adrenaline JOY. 15 min drive home from the dealer was flawless. Charging from my ChargePoint Home Flex installed 3 months ago was flawless. Obviously it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet but I am RELIEVED!

IMG_0668.jpeg
Same here. Everything has worked for me and no quality issues (knocking on wood). I think I would have had issues with PaaK but my sales person at Skagit Ford took the time to walk through all the steps for the setup. It isn’t as simple as I thought it would be. No problems with BlueCruise and the driver profiles work each time. Wireless CarPlay is great.

Suspension is fun like my old Mazdas used to be and my wife loves to drive it.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
NICE, the hours you wait will move in slow motion..
Well………. It won’t be hours. Probably weeks. My GT was delivered damaged. They need to replace the front end

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Well………. It won’t be hours. Probably weeks. My GT was delivered damaged. They need to replace the front end
What happened to it?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What happened to it?
It’s an ongoing saga but long story short, they delivered my car to the wrong dealership so my dealer sent someone to get it. On the way here, a piece of steel flew off a work truck and smacked the front end, cracking the front grill and bumper. I looked at it and there’s zero structural damage and the dealer is stroking a check to fix it. It won’t hit carfax and they said it should only be 2 weeks but I’m doubtful

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on your new GT! Still waiting on my reservation to be delivered.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Anyone getting a car with a recent build should be quite happy. The 1.7.1 update has smoothed or taken away a lot of the edges early adopters experienced. UI startup is faster and smoother and transitions between apps very quickly. I used to start up and back out of a parking place and wait after i was rolling forward 10-15 seconds for sync to be ready and usable. It now transitions from camera to radio instantly when switched to D and is immediately usable. 1.7.1 has many refinements and improvements.

Malacandra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, DMG
Occupation
Web Development Director
Country flag
Reading the user's forum on any product would convince anyone that they should never buy that product… no matter how good it may be. Anecdotes of every potential flaw and vulnerability are exposed and exaggerated.

This is why I stay away from WebMD: it's the user forum for the human body…

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is why I stay away from WebMD: it's the user forum for the human body…
Every time I go there and read the symptoms for something I realize that I have that too! In addition to all those diseases, now I'm afraid I have hypochondria as well!!

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Congrats on getting your car! That Black GT is sexy!! :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Don't be scared! IMG_0668
Agreed. Don’t get paralyzed over the fear mongering on the forum. I’ve had my Mach E B since February and love it!