Driver ID -- log in screen only takes numbers?

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
My local car settings worked this morning (set them last night.)

I'd agree, something on the car should not need any server communication, so I'm your case it sounds like a local bug, or there is some mysterious connection back to the mothership.

There are some tips in this thread and others about disconnecting connected services, etc. that may be worth looking into.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My local car settings worked this morning (set them last night.)

I'd agree, something on the car should not need any server communication, so I'm your case it sounds like a local bug, or there is some mysterious connection back to the mothership.

There are some tips in this thread and others about disconnecting connected services, etc. that may be worth looking into.
After I get this driver ID fixed I can try that. Right now all that is preconfigured and can not be modified. I am not allowed to toggle conductivity off right now or modify any connected services. That helped to get wireless carplay to kick back in a while ago so worth a try if it is still misfiring when I get it back.

Setting it in the car right now and Fordpass is out of the equation. Not moving around too much this season except on snowshoes. Looking for one consistent way of doing it. Last 2 times it worked 👍 My departures vary and are not often. Firing a schedule off from the phone was good. Miss it but have seen others also post problems they are having with the departure schedule (version 4.22 for me). Was working last winter and now not well kind of implies it is not hardware? Just self conditioned itself right now 15-20 minutes. -5C (20F) here and has been warm. Two steps forward.

YeastLyfe

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red 2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Going on 19 days where the car is asking for login numbers, won't connect to Android Auto wirelessly, and FordPass can't see the car. Suuuuper obnoxious.

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Going on 19 days where the car is asking for login numbers, won't connect to Android Auto wirelessly, and FordPass can't see the car. Suuuuper obnoxious.
Over two weeks locked out here. Have made an appointment for Jan 10 to start diagnosing if Ford crapped out the OS with a bad update. Someone from Ford got in touch with me who had the idea I was having some problems with ford pass and I have had problems in the past (one of those users). Said something about a forum but it was obvious that was not important enough to get up to speed with before phoning being Christmas and all. Repeated he does not understand the mechanics of the car a number of time. Said if I need parts he could help with expediating that so I took his email. After the call I emailed him asking for name/credentials confirmed but nothing back to date. Only emailed a few days ago and he did say he can expediate parts and nothing about emails ;). I would say not much help here and you should contact your service department.

MC5280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I contacted Ford this morning and was eventually connected to the OTA team. They were aware of the Driver ID issue and believe they can send out a new OTA to fix the connectivity issue with Ford Pass, SYNC, etc.

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I contacted Ford this morning and was eventually connected to the OTA team. They were aware of the Driver ID issue and believe they can send out a new OTA to fix the connectivity issue with Ford Pass, SYNC, etc.
Fordpass still shows my car where it updated December 8th 30 miles from where it is. It will be a month this week so that would be nice. Looking to have my privacy settings back and respected again. If it does not happen OTA I have service scheduled and hoping for something there. It will be the 11th time it will be in in less than two years but this time it is at least bundled as it is also time for my first schedule maintenance. The first 10 times it was in just for problems/defects.

MC5280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
My Driver ID issue was cleared but then Ford Pass would not update. Finally determined that the modem needs replacing. Been at the dealer for 10 days now.

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Driver ID issue was cleared but then Ford Pass would not update. Finally determined that the modem needs replacing. Been at the dealer for 10 days now.
This may be good reading and you should post here also Link

Sad to hear. There was no fordpass when drive ID was required that never came back after service fixed it for you? Does the car updates over modem because I received 3.6.1 since they fixed my login in ID and installed with fling colors. My fordpass updates itself once in a while with charging and auto preconditioning no errors displayed. I use to get a lot of fordpass not responding and now I get many fordpass is partially responding with a big ! in alerts like something is on fire. It does respond with no errors some of the times and if it does download over modem I think I may be good?
Sponsored