Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yesterday I hopped in the car, that had been in the garage on the cord, charged to 85% 2 days ago and still plugged in. When I hit the start button READY didn't show up. That's odd. So I hit it again. Center screen cycles but the driver display is still showing a horse. So I confirm the car is now off via the start button light. Fine. Hit start again. Center screen starts, driver screen still a horse. OK fine, maybe they updated it in 4.3.6 to show a pony till you back up. They're full of useful additions lately. So I start to back out. Watching the driveway and camera. Start driving down the street. Make a few stops and a few turns and realize I'm doing 0 MPH. But I'm actually doing about 40. Then it shows 4, few seconds later 10, few more 16, few more 30 few more 40. So the display is doing the 'Out of Memory' lag. It took about 35 seconds for it to show 40. By then I'd stopped. Kind of worried at this point that safety features in 1PD my flip out if it relies on this screen or whatever module might be feeding it. So in the middle of traffic at a light I know will take 2.5 minutes I key off, kick the door open and wait until the crosswalk count down timer starts at 28. Close the door, key on. Same thing except no pony, shucks. Thankfully it drove fine but I've tried cycling it 3 times now and it's still laggy as hell. Of course my tablet is dead so I couldn't get codes (if there were any) nor force reset a module.

I havn't tried it yet today as I've been putting in 18 to 20 hours a day at work and if I don't toss this out there now I'll probably not get to until Saturday some time.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver screen running out of memory I think IMG_4824
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
funny you mention this... yesterday, my cars back up camera stayed on the display while driving for ~2 minutes... that was an unwelcome first. Next trip no problem.

LinkRS

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yesterday I hopped in the car, that had been in the garage on the cord, charged to 85% 2 days ago and still plugged in. When I hit the start button READY didn't show up. That's odd. So I hit it again. Center screen cycles but the driver display is still showing a horse. So I confirm the car is now off via the start button light. Fine. Hit start again. Center screen starts, driver screen still a horse. OK fine, maybe they updated it in 4.3.6 to show a pony till you back up. They're full of useful additions lately. So I start to back out. Watching the driveway and camera. Start driving down the street. Make a few stops and a few turns and realize I'm doing 0 MPH. But I'm actually doing about 40. Then it shows 4, few seconds later 10, few more 16, few more 30 few more 40. So the display is doing the 'Out of Memory' lag. It took about 35 seconds for it to show 40. By then I'd stopped. Kind of worried at this point that safety features in 1PD my flip out if it relies on this screen or whatever module might be feeding it. So in the middle of traffic at a light I know will take 2.5 minutes I key off, kick the door open and wait until the crosswalk count down timer starts at 28. Close the door, key on. Same thing except no pony, shucks. Thankfully it drove fine but I've tried cycling it 3 times now and it's still laggy as hell. Of course my tablet is dead so I couldn't get codes (if there were any) nor force reset a module.

I havn't tried it yet today as I've been putting in 18 to 20 hours a day at work and if I don't toss this out there now I'll probably not get to until Saturday some time.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Driver screen running out of memory I think IMG_4824
Howdy azerik,

I have not experienced what you are describing exactly, but have seen odd-behavior with the software in my 2023 Mach-E. Twice now when I go to my car after it has been sitting in the parking lot at work, the car's ability to detect the temperature was frozen, it displayed 82 degrees, when it was in fact over 95 (over 100 the last time), and the climate control wouldn't kick-on. I was (am?) thinking it is a heat related issue. Maybe the computer in the Mach-E is getting too hot and is causing glitches. Something you said is making me curious, what did you mean by "Of course my tablet is dead...."? Is the 15.5" console in your Mach-E not working?

Thanks!

Rich S.

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
Have you tried the reboot of the Mach E's center screen? Hold the volume down button + next track / forward button on the steering wheel until the center screen goes black, then release. This will hard reboot the Sync 4 system. I don't know it'll resolve your issue but worth a shot if you haven't already.

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
What mods have you made with FORSCAN?
Double honk delete and the auto headlight ramp up. Long time back I tried to get the power meter but #job1life keep that from being a thing.
Howdy azerik,
Is the 15.5" console in your Mach-E not working?
Big screen works fine. I did have a driver display overheat code thrown a couple weeks back.

My tablet is charging so we'll see if I can grab other codes.

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Have you tried the reboot of the Mach E's center screen? Hold the volume down button + next track / forward button on the steering wheel until the center screen goes black, then release. This will hard reboot the Sync 4 system. I don't know it'll resolve your issue but worth a shot if you haven't already.
Yeah the sync reboot didn't do anything for this. I tried that on the 3rd key cycle.

Odd thing is it's actually 'cooled off' to a crispy 106 degrees from 116 etc all last month. It could be in shock. "Winter is coming". It was only 102 in the garage when I left. (Which means everything was heat soaked to 102).

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Got a few min between meetings and ran out to scan/clear codes. (Also managed to order a bt odb2 adapter that will hopefully help with things down the road)

No new codes in the car. Had to cycle the key some 10 times or so (clearing old codes) and the driver screen was quick and responsive every time. If there was a maint. task that kicked off to clean it up it worked. But it would have really sucked to be on a trip and have that happen.

JoshTX

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
This happened to me (23 Premium AWD ER) the first day I brought it home. Totally freaked me out, but hasn't happened again. I didn't do anything to try to fix it...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There were some peeps having center screen lag when they installed baskets on their dash. They were experiencing thermal issues. Have you tried to somehow force cool the IPC? Since that thing is right in the sun itโ€™s probably hotter than heck. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฉ

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
โ€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Could always do a 12v reset or pull the fuse for it if you're concerned. But I wouldn't worry about it.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Since that thing is right in the sun itโ€™s probably hotter than heck.
I do hate how the dark back of the screen is completely exposed to the direct sun. I've actually thought about putting something light colored over the back to protect the screen.

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
There were some peeps having center screen lag when they installed baskets on their dash. They were experiencing thermal issues. Have you tried to somehow force cool the IPC? Since that thing is right in the sun itโ€™s probably hotter than heck. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฉ
No baskets or things. This happened after sitting 48 hours in sub 100 degrees in a garage.
Could always do a 12v reset or pull the fuse for it if you're concerned. But I wouldn't worry about it.
Had actually done that about 3 or 4 days before due to the L2 charging issue.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Sounds to me like your IPC is failing. Warranty time. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿฉ

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yeah. It's about that time again, havn't seen my dealer in a couple months.
Sponsored