chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
No power reduction was noticeable but below 1% I was in my neighborhood and not driving fast. About 20mph or less.

A couple of warnings when it realized we were reaching the limit of getting to a charger. Then one advising to find a place to charge as we were too far from any known charging spots. Eventually a warning to stop And then one to pull over safely. These last two while showing the 2 & 1 mile estimated range.

For the concerned I was prepared to pull over if it got to that point and ask to run an extension cord to a neighbor to juice up enough to make it home.
I did read that ford roadside assistance will transport to the nearest charging station
Sponsored

OP
OP
Woeo

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
so what was the total amount of miles on that charge from ~90% to 0? And trim level
Sadly I screwed that up with an DC fast charge test along the way and a couple of nights sitting in the driveway with whatever phantom drain that brought.

OP
OP
Woeo

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Was hoping he was going to drive it till dead completely lol...

Come on, someone out there brave enough? Let's get the REAL miles left data haha.
Maybe next time.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I see a fleet of AAA Auto Club Ford F150 with the power generators in them going around the country side looking for out of power EV’s in our future. It can charge a EV for 30-40 miles in about 1-2 hours.

Form the Ford website - "Never before has a truck had a built-in generator with this much power. For the hybrid F-150 only there's a 7.2-kW Pro Onboard Generator. With four 120V and one NEMA L14-30R 240V 30A outlet, the bed of the 2021 F-150 PowerBoost is loaded with power.
In three Years, our 18 Platinum F150 will be replaced by one of these PowerBoost F150s! Living on the Coast, it will replace our aging Standby Generator!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
What exactly is a VV Report? Is that the Ford Confidential Database? My main reason for asking is to understand if I ask my local dealer if they can send me the VV Report, will they have any clue what I am referring to? Maybe officially, they are instructed not to share with customers but some bend the rules?
I kind of hope 0% isn't really 0% and still has enough charge to avoid damage. Still, I wouldn't do it with mine :)
Not giving us access to the full battery pack is Ford's way to protect it. But like another poster mentioned between 20-80 is prime. It's not quite like a gas car, when it says you run out of juice you run out (other than the fact that the range est is just that, a conservative est, so you could baby it for a bit longer.) The closest I've driven our current BEV down to is about 3 mi, but it's a much smaller pack.
According to @EVmodeler 's thread, the battery reserve is actually mostly at the bottom end of the SOC, so there is still quite a bit of power left at 0%. They could potentially unlock some of this in the future.
However, the current required to produce a given power increases substantially as the voltage in the battery pack drops, which means power will be severely degraded, although they can continue to discharge. The chart is pretty interesting, though the data is his best estimate put together from similar cars.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So all this happened without the Turtle mode showing like on other brands, cutting HVAC and other power consuming stuff, limiting speed and so forth? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Woeo

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
So all this happened without the Turtle mode showing like on other brands, cutting HVAC and other power consuming stuff, limiting speed and so forth? :rolleyes:
No warning of power loss at any point. Warnings about distance to known chargers, to find a charger soon, to pull over safely. 0% indication was orange for a bit , then became red. Last few miles were in my neighborhood so was driving approx 20 mph. Perhaps as much as 30. But didn’t feel any difference in the peddle. b/n 2% & 1% was driving 35-40mph

kdukart

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pac Hybrid, Mazda CX-5, Suburu Outback
Country flag
I drive my Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid to 0% all the time. ;)

On another note, I can't wait for the day that charging stations are as ubiquitous as gas stations so I can coast into one after running out of battery like I did that one time driving my 1980 Honda Civic Hatchback back to college. I have never suffered from range anxiety.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
My undies would be soiled, I could never...

Range anxiety to the maxxxxxxxxxx.
Why? If the route planner shows you can make the destination, arriving at the 65% it predicted is the same as arriving at the 1% it predicted. You arrived as predicted.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
So I assume you made it home and we’re able to connect the charger and not have to push that heavy beast a few feet?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Was hoping he was going to drive it till dead completely lol...

Come on, someone out there brave enough? Let's get the REAL miles left data haha.
I am, but I don't have one yet.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
I see a fleet of AAA Auto Club Ford F150 with the power generators in them going around the country side looking for out of power EV’s in our future. It can charge a EV for 30-40 miles in about 1-2 hours.

Form the Ford website - "Never before has a truck had a built-in generator with this much power. For the hybrid F-150 only there's a 7.2-kW Pro Onboard Generator. With four 120V and one NEMA L14-30R 240V 30A outlet, the bed of the 2021 F-150 PowerBoost is loaded with power.
Maybe someday, but likely you'll get flat bedded to the closest DC charger.
Sponsored