DSM (Driver Seat), WACM (Wireless Accessory Charging) updates available in FDRS

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
The DSM update *Should* fix the easy entry/exit not moving back to the correct position issue that a lot of users have had.
I need this fix for the “easy” exit. Anyone know if this will show up in an OTA?
Sponsored

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I haven't experienced it myself, but I've seen several reports of this issue with easy entry, so I think it's fairly common.
My seat regularly malfunctions on easy entry, just enough to be annoying. I also have the overheating with wireless charging. I thought it was just me. Glad to see a fix for it.

OP
OP

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
My seat regularly malfunctions on easy entry, just enough to be annoying. I also have the overheating with wireless charging. I thought it was just me. Glad to see a fix for it.
It isn't confirmed that issues people are having are resolved with these updates. I would watch this thread and see if others comment about similar issues being fixed. As of now there is just one commend about improvement in wireless charging on iPhone 13 Pro but I'm not sure what issues @waltermorel was experiencing.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Just as I am sitting here about to order a new phone that does not have wireless charging to replace my Note 10+ that hasn't worked with the MME's wireless charger in months, they go and make an update to the wireless charger available and give me a little pause on ordering my Surface Duo 2...

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I can report that my iPhone 13 Pro charges consistently now, at least from the few errands I ran and the drive to work, where normally it charges for a very short period and disconnects. But! It has not fixed the heat issue many others reported, my phone was toasty after sitting on the wireless charger for about 45 minutes!

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
I can report that my iPhone 13 Pro charges consistently now, at least from the few errands I ran and the drive to work, where normally it charges for a very short period and disconnects. But! It has not fixed the heat issue many others reported, my phone was toasty after sitting on the wireless charger for about 45 minutes!
I suspect there's very little that can change the heat issue without significantly lowering the charge rate.
Mine gets toasty in places other than the MME - it's just a fact of life.

It's always going to be an issue with inductive charging;
the second law of thermodynamics isn't in Ford's control...

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
WACM module update fixed the issue with the wireless charging for my iPhone 13 Pro
Well done !
Okay..I have the same phone with an Otterbox Defender style case...I've never had a problem charging and neither has my wife with her XS Max.

I didn't know people were having problems.

Oh, I just checked and I've got a BCM as well.

Mike

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I suspect there's very little that can change the heat issue without significantly lowering the charge rate.
Mine gets toasty in places other than the MME - it's just a fact of life.

It's always going to be an issue with inductive charging;
the second law of thermodynamics isn't in Ford's control...
Yeah, definitely. I just exclusively wirelessly charge and both my office and home chargers never get my phone hot. Even when it is super low battery and has to be on there for a long time. I think it has to do with it using CarPlay and wirelessly charging that causes the heat, that's the only thing that doesn't occur when I use it at home or the office.

waltermorel

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
It isn't confirmed that issues people are having are resolved with these updates. I would watch this thread and see if others comment about similar issues being fixed. As of now there is just one commend about improvement in wireless charging on iPhone 13 Pro but I'm not sure what issues @waltermorel was experiencing.
IPhone 13 is now charging continuously 😃

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
My driver seat would actually move closer to steering wheel intermittently, I do not have easy entry active. I "fixed it" by programing all the memory buttons to my seat setting. Hasn't done it since but my wife no longer has a preset, lol. Hopefully this update fixes that.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
You're describing exactly what my phone does on the charger.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
WACM module update fixed the issue with the wireless charging for my iPhone 13 Pro
Well done !
Strange, my iPhone 13Pro has never had an issue charging.

Maybe it's a case thing? I have a slim case, mostly edge protection
Sponsored