First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
Hi all

So, ive been driving my RWD SR Star White Mach-E (Tech Pack +) for a week now and I just thought I'd share my impressions.
To keep it short, here are my pluses and minuses:

PLUSES
  1. The looks of the car are great. It is somewhat bigger than I expected from looking at photos. It is lower than expected, but quite a bit longer. The lines are beautiful and I get a lot of compliments of people when I park it. Generally, people prefer the design over Teslas. It looks slick, muscled and sharp. I bought a Star white one so with the fake roof in black and the side panel near the ground in black, it makes it really look like a slick car
  2. The interior is great. Fake leather feels nice. Screens are also great. Maybe a bit overwhelming at first. Many setting take some time to find. I'm 1.98 and I fit in nicely. So also suitable for talll people. 3 kids can easily sit in the back. Fit and finish is great. Really luxury feel. Screens are good to read, also with bright sunlight. Sunroof is really great. Not too hot. Gives spacious feel. Great for people in the back
  3. Performance is awesome. Although Ive the slowest model, it feels like a rocket. Ok, Im not used to sports cars or anything but this thing goes. Really fun to impress people. Although I dont see me doing this all the time. But sprinting against petrol cars is just fun. It feels as if it can outrun anything but thats not true of course
  4. Tech is nice. Android auto works well only drains your mobile phone battery. Overall user experience of screen is well done.
  5. Sound of B&O system is good. Not supergood but good. Lows felt a but artificial. Spacing of sound is good.

MINUSES
  1. The sunroof panel to the tail panel is not well aligned. It looks off, but apparently, thats the way its supposed to be by reading many comments about this. When you look from the side you can see the black line of the roof hop 1 cm down when going into the tailgate. If you ask me, they tried to fix something (leakage maybe) by lowering the back panel but thats just guessing. It just makes it look not 100% which I hate. Especially for a 50K+ car
  2. When driving about 120-130 kms/hour, the suspension makes a kind of rumble sound. Especially in the back. Its annoying. Its as if its too stiff. Its not wind noise or tyre noise but something in the body that makes a low frequency noise kind of resonance. When I drive up to 80 kms/hour its super silent but at highways its noticable.
  3. Its lower than expected. Really not like an SUV but more like a regular car. It also does not stand high on its wheels as you expect. Its quite low which is fine, but dont call it an SUV then
  4. Phone as a key it a hassle to setup. If it works at all. Prefer to use the normal key, at least this always works
  5. Its not possible to see at what charge speed youre charging. You get time estimates etc but not the actual charging speed. Would like to see this implemented
  6. The side pillar next to the driver's head is quit thick and Ive bumped my head into it quite a few times. The reason is probably to support the glass roof. But its thicker than a normal car
  7. A/C is quite noisy when starting up. Probably compressor starting up -noise. THought it was broken at first. After some time, its becomes quiet again. When in lowest auto mode its really silent.

Overall, Im super happy as its just a great looking car thats well built overall.
Any questions? Let me know!

Some pics:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dutch driver - first impressions 20210606_141906
Sponsored

JanneA

First Name
Janne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E SR RWD
Country flag
A nice review, thanks! It didn’t take me too long to order mine after the test drive and my short experience was pretty much identical to what you wrote there. I’m 207 cm and I wish the driver’s seat had a tilt adjustment for better thigh support, but it’s not too bad as it is. My biggest complaint so far would be the hassle needed to open the frunk.

The waiting is the hardest part as Tom Petty once sang, mine will be delivered in 30 - 32 weeks from now…

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
@ODBMongoose

Good short review. I'll be receiving exactly the same MME in the same color albeit not the TP+ but regular TP so unfortuntately no glass roof and black interior finish but as compensation a perfectly alligned roof ;)

Wonder if the noise you experience is a general issue for all or something wrong with your car. I hate such noises so I hope it's not a general thing.

Only thing which keeps me personally a little worried and also shows in your picture is the yellowish tint of the SW. I've seen my car in RL at the dealer and was a little dissapointed about the tint. This is very personal but I like a more cleaner white rather than the more pearlish white of the SW. Nothing I can do about it than getting used to it though. Guess this is the downside of ordering a car 14 months upfront from a picture :rolleyes:

OP
OP
ODBMongoose

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ODBMongoose

Good short review. I'll be receiving exactly the same MME in the same color albeit not the TP+ but regular TP so unfortuntately no glass roof and black interior finish but as compensation a perfectly alligned roof ;)

Wonder if the noise you experience is a general issue for all or something wrong with your car. I hate such noises so I hope it's not a general thing.

Only thing which keeps me personally a little worried and also shows in your picture is the yellowish tint of the SW. I've seen my car in RL at the dealer and was a little dissapointed about the tint. This is very personal but I like a more cleaner white rather than the more pearlish white of the SW. Nothing I can do about it than getting used to it though. Guess this is the downside of ordering a car 14 months upfront from a picture :rolleyes:
The noise is probably down to the stiff suspension. Its quite stiff. It does not feel wrong but its just a subtle rumble in the chassis. Not constant but with small inaccuracies in the road, its makes a rumbling noise. After some days I dont notice is that much as I usually drive around 100 kms/hr but when I go faster, it is definitely there. Might be also that my previous car's suspension was really soft and because its electric, you hear everything.

As for the color. Its not really yellow-ish. Indeed due to the silver flakes in the paint its off white - so more like pearl. But trust me, in real life - its not as yellow as the Mercedes' white for instance. Thats almost creme color. This is not.

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Perhaps I used the wrong word with yellowish but when I saw my car in real-life I thought it was a bit to pearlish to my liking. I'm sure I will get used to it but this was my first impression.

Regarding the suspension, i'll be upgrading to 20 inch one day after delivery. Wonder what that will do to with the stiffness. You'd think it would become worse but as the recommended PSI for 245 is actually 20% lower than the 18 and 19inch I think/hope it will compensate for it. Some actually say that wider tires improve the ride significantly. We'll see.

OP
OP
ODBMongoose

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Perhaps I used the wrong word with yellowish but when I saw my car in real-life I thought it was a bit to pearlish to my liking. I'm sure I will get used to it but this was my first impression.

Regarding the suspension, i'll be upgrading to 20 inch one day after delivery. Wonder what that will do to with the stiffness. You'd think it would become worse but as the recommended PSI for 245 is actually 20% lower than the 18 and 19inch I think/hope it will compensate for it. Some actually say that wider tires improve the ride significantly. We'll see.
Great! Would be good to hear your experience
Sponsored