visje

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander --> Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes agreed, started looking looking into the alternatives, but that didn't make me happy so far. Just don't want to go for Tesla or Jaguar.

And driving a non electric will cost (a lot) more in the segment we're looking at.
So hopes and prayers for a 2020 registration or a Bovag plan like above...
Indeed. The same problem here. I cannot find an equivalent petrol car with about the same specifications. Hoping for a gift!
Sponsored

Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
First contact from the lease company. (in Dutch sorry)
More info to follow how it seems...

De impact van COVID-19 op de productiefaciliteit van Ford in Mexico heeft grote consequenties voor de geplande leveringen van de Mustang Mach-E in Nederland dit jaar. Door de langdurige sluiting van de fabriek, als ook die van veel toeleveranciers, hebben wij van Ford Nederland vernomen dat de afleveringen, die aanvankelijk voor het vierde kwartaal van dit jaar gepland waren, worden verplaatst naar begin 2021.

Wij begrijpen dat dit een grote teleurstelling is, omdat juist dit model in 2020 nog in een gunstige bijtelling valt. Wij zijn dan ook met Ford Nederland in gesprek om meer duidelijkheid te krijgen hierover en te horen wat de precieze impact is voor de beide bestellingen. Over de uitkomst daarvan hoop ik op korte termijn meer informatie over te kunnen delen.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
english translation:
The impact of COVID-19 on Ford's Mexico production facility has major implications for planned deliveries of the Mustang Mach-E in the Netherlands this year. Due to the long-term closure of the factory, as well as that of many suppliers, we have heard from Ford Netherlands that the deliveries, which were initially planned for the fourth quarter of this year, will be moved to early 2021.

We understand that this is a big disappointment, because it is precisely this model that will remain in a favorable addition in 2020. We are therefore in talks with Ford Netherlands to get more clarity about this and to hear what the exact impact is for both orders. I hope to be able to share more information about the outcome in the near future.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Indeed a confirmation what we already knew, but no final solution yet from Ford NL. I hope they offer a proposal asap.

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
OK guys I have some bad and good news.
Just spoke to Ford Netherlands.
He had more info what will be done for lease drivers that ordered a ME:

* people that had a confirmation that their ME would be delivered in 2020 will not get it this year
* they cannot and will not be registered in 2020 based on VIN number because they will not be produced then yet.
* Instead, all confirmed orders will get a 3000 euros discount on the tax price by which your bijtelling will be a bit lower. This is for both lease drivers and private or business buyers. All will get 3k discount.

I explained to him that the bijtelling will still be higher than when it would be registered in 2020 but this is all Ford is able to do at the moment. I was a bit shocked to hear that the cars for Europe won't be produced in 2020.

visje

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander --> Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for your comment. This saves about € 20 to € 30 per month. Your post contains more bad than good news unfortunately

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK, bad news indeed that production will not take place in 2020. This is not in line they told us before that the delay was caused by logistics transporting the cars to Europe.

I really wonder how they calculate the discount in the fiscal price of the car as the official and formal standard list price will not change I assume.
So, als the lease price per month will go down and in addition the "bijtelling" will be less?
We should be careful that the lease company indeed will take into account the lower price in their monthly fee.

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
9pm
OK, bad news indeed that production will not take place in 2020. This is not in line they told us before that the delay was caused by logistics transporting the cars to Europe.

I really wonder how they calculate the discount in the fiscal price of the car as the official and formal standard list price will not change I assume.
So, als the lease price per month will go down and in addition the "bijtelling" will be less?
We should be careful that the lease company indeed will take into account the lower price in their monthly fee.
Correct - so the list price will remain the same but behind the scenes, buyers and lease companies will be informed they will get the 3K discount. But this is only for the cars that are already ordered and that were previously confirmed for 2020.
And yes, the total price will go down which affects the lease price and the bijtelling.
But indeed like visje said, its not that much compared to what you will pay more now with the tax scheme for 2021.

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
I had contact today and was promised more info within 3 weeks. Must say that Ford did what they could but it helps just a little and also brings more uncertainty about the delivery time. If not produced this year I don't belief first car to arrive before end of March.

When I hear anything here I will post here. Must say that this 3000 is half of the additional costs over 5 years but due to all rules and tax system only 30 percent will return in a driver's pocket...

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
I've calculated a discount of Eur 8.000 in order to have the same 'bijtelling' compared to a 2020-registered car. So Ford's proposal is not even half of it, very dissapointing!
Especially as the local sales dealer has confirmed the 2020 registration when I had to finalise the order early May.

Of course it's important that Ford will take care of the right procedure towards the leasing companies in order to have the fiscal benefits.

When the car will be produced in January 2021 at the earliest, it will arrive in NL around end Feb/March??
So now I'm starting to doubt for a Polestar 2, which can be delivered before the end of this year!

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree and I also expect that there will be severe delays on top of what was already announced. There are still unforeseen circumstances, potential hick ups, lower production capacity due to Covid and they even might decide that first batches and trims are only for US market.
After production date, it will take weeks/months before we can actually drive it, due the logistics. I am betting on delivery per end of April the very earliest.

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
I agree and I also expect that there will be severe delays on top of what was already announced. There are still unforeseen circumstances, potential hick ups, lower production capacity due to Covid and they even might decide that first batches and trims are only for US market.
After production date, it will take weeks/months before we can actually drive it, due the logistics. I am betting on delivery per end of April the very earliest.
Indeed, I also don't expect them before April and possibly later since there is too much uncertainties in the current world. This could not be predicted by anyone but also not by the drivers or buyers of the car.

Actually my current contract finished today and I am now driving a temporary car which was intended to be for a couple of months but now looks to become almost one year. That gap is too big to cover and I am thinking about an alternative but can only cancel once received the formal proposal from Ford and Leasecompany (most likely the one shared here).

After that maybe Polestar an option but where we are informed at least by Ford I heard from a colleague that Polestar did not supply any info yet. Otherwise I tend to choose for a PHEV and Ford has the Kuga also in PHEV.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The situation we ALL find ourselves in is not Ford's fault. The shutdown was forced upon them. I dont see why they should be expected to 'pick up the tab' because of the delay in delivery is going to affect some buyers who are leasing their car presumably through businesses. If they do a price reduction/help in other ways for you in the Netherlands then I would expect the same treatment in the UK and elsewhere. That'll never happen. If you want someone to make a contribution then your government should be asked. If you dont like the hand that you have been dealt then fold and get a new hand, ie go elsewhere

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm surprised Ford is giving a €3000 accommodation at all, since the tax credit expiring is the fault of the government, not Ford. That's going above and beyond what I would expect.

But perhaps they're also expecting to take a customer demand hit, even for a new vehicle like the Mach-e, and feel like they have to make some concessions to keep customers. If so, gotta wonder if they'll be doing the same elsewhere. One country's expiring tax credit really isn't fair justification to discount it only there.

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
The situation we ALL find ourselves in is not Ford's fault. The shutdown was forced upon them. I dont see why they should be expected to 'pick up the tab' because of the delay in delivery is going to affect some buyers who are leasing their car presumably through businesses. If they do a price reduction/help in other ways for you in the Netherlands then I would expect the same treatment in the UK and elsewhere. That'll never happen. If you want someone to make a contribution then your government should be asked. If you dont like the hand that you have been dealt then fold and get a new hand, ie go elsewhere
Exactly my point, the only one able to do something is the government. All Ford is doing is up to their goodwill, although remember that 4 weeks ago Ford NL promised the Dutch drivers a delivery time in 2020.. Nevertheless, I agree if you don't like go elsewhere.
Sponsored