Nico

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Shadow Black
Country flag
All that I've seen so far, but they can correct me here if I'm wrong.
Would make most sense
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wish I could work out how to google translate these posts. I imagine the are quite informative. Any tips?
  1. first highlight the dutch text and copy it (ctrl-c)
  2. open another tab to translate.google.com
  3. the left hand text are is what you want translated; select "detect language" in the header of that section
  4. paste the copied text (ctrl-v) into that left text area. on the right hand side choose english as the target language
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dutch people that ordered a Mach-E? Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 9.42.05 AM

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Mijn Mach-E is in de eerste week van april besteld bij Alphabet lease. Toen stond op de Ford site dat levering 2020 nog mogelijk was.

Dezelfde week werd ik gebeld door de lokale dealer dat het mogelijk 2021 wordt en de vraag of ik de bestelling wilde doorzetten. Dat heb ik gedaan, ook met levering in 2021 nog steeds een vette bak.
Inmiddels heb ik een brief van Alphabet gehad dat de door de dealer bevestigde voorlopige leverdatum 28 februari 2021 is.

De dealer gebeld en die geeft aan dat dit mogelijk eerder wordt als mensen reserveringen annuleren, corona effecten meevallen, of productie snel kan worden opgestart. Daarbij is er een aantekening geplaatst dat levering 2020 gewenst is en toestemming om op kenteken te plaatsen zodra het chassisnummer bekend is.

Ik mocht naam en mobiele nummer van de verkoper die bovenstaande voor me heeft geregeld hebben en mag hem in september bellen voor een update / reminder van de afspraken.

Al met al veel gedoe, maar wil er in elk geval alles aan gedaan hebben...

Zijn er mensen in dezelfde situatie? Nog tips?
Thanks to the tips on here to translate these posts it would appear that I was correct in my assumption. It would seem that in Ronald's case his leasing company/dealer are indeed intending to register/assign number plate to his vehicle as soon as it has been built/assigned VIN. If this procedure was carried out in the UK then the vehicle would need to be registered in my name, finance payments would start and although I cant drive it the car would be mine. In this instance I would very much doubt if you could 'hand it back'. It would be difficult for the leasing company/dealer to resell as it would be classed as a 'used' car with one owner. In the end I suppose it all boils down to costs and savings. Are you willing to take the risk, commit now to save some money or wait and pay more for the car. It all depends what the savings/costs are.

TulpenHam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq EV
Country flag
Hi all, I'm a new member here but I already made a reservation on Feb 5.
It's for the standard range version in infinite blue with TP+.

Nice to get in touch and read all the posts in this thread. Hope we will all get our car in time...

Cheers,
Jan.

fvdoorn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, MG
Country flag
Is het een lease auto via een leasemaatschappij (en zo ja welke) of rechtstreeks met dealer? Mijn leasemaatschappij geeft aan dat er niks veranderd kan worden.? Had graag TP+ ipv TP
Let me reply in English for the other people :)
I'm in direct contact with the dealer. He told me the colour could be changed (other changes are allowed as well). I signed the contract already with the new colour.

fvdoorn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, MG
Country flag
Thanks to the tips on here to translate these posts it would appear that I was correct in my assumption. It would seem that in Ronald's case his leasing company/dealer are indeed intending to register/assign number plate to his vehicle as soon as it has been built/assigned VIN. If this procedure was carried out in the UK then the vehicle would need to be registered in my name, finance payments would start and although I cant drive it the car would be mine. In this instance I would very much doubt if you could 'hand it back'. It would be difficult for the leasing company/dealer to resell as it would be classed as a 'used' car with one owner. In the end I suppose it all boils down to costs and savings. Are you willing to take the risk, commit now to save some money or wait and pay more for the car. It all depends what the savings/costs are.
Well, the confusion is about the ability to sign now and therefor have a commitment to buy the car versus the delivery.
Some people, like me, got a call from the dealer to make the reservation permanent. In my case I took the risk (no test-drive, I don't even know the dealer...) and decided to go for it. The only remark I made made in the contract: it must be delivered before end of 2020. Dealer gave indication of a delivery around November 30th.
Other people where more or less 'forced' to sign, or no delivery would take place. The contracts we have in NL basically do not allow you to make an exception like: if the test drive is not OK, I want to dissolve the contract. Usually for lease companies it is a bit different, they usually find someone else who wants the car. If it is registered before end of 2020 tax savings are still pretty good for the next 5 years.
I do agree that Ford NL should make some kind of option that you can terminate the contract if the car is not as expected. But they didn't do that. If you look at the Mach-E site they say you can test drive before you buy. Basically this is correct, but if you test drive in september and then order the car it will probably never be delivered in 2020.

In short: it is a risk. And if you lease the car through your company you have to finish the contract (3/4/5 years). I assume (well... I hope) it will be a good car. Ford makes cars for over a century. I assume they know how to make one with a battery....

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Let me reply in English for the other people :)
I'm in direct contact with the dealer. He told me the colour could be changed (other changes are allowed as well). I signed the contract already with the new colour.
Was yours a First Edition or something else?

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
The only remark I made made in the contract: it must be delivered before end of 2020.
How did you manage this? Did you arrange it with the lease company or the Ford-dealer?
As I suppose only the dealer can take care of this remark?
Already thanks for helping :)

fvdoorn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, MG
Country flag
How did you manage this? Did you arrange it with the lease company or the Ford-dealer?
As I suppose only the dealer can take care of this remark?
Already thanks for helping :)
The contract with the dealer has a delivery date for the car. According to the terms of Bovag after this date, the dealer is in default. From that moment he has 2 weeks or so to deliver. If not, the contract can be terminated without costs.
The delivery date is end of november.
Second part is that I added this additional term upon confirming the contract.
The main goal I had is that the registration will be in this year for the 8% addition tax rule.
I don’t have a leasecompany for this.

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
Thanks to fvdoorn and his remark I have called our leasecompany again today. They called Ford NL and I was indeed able to change the reservation ?. Now TP+ package instead of TP. Tomorrow is final date for the Dutch drivers to change the configuration and to finalise the contract. It was confirmed today that the car is still to be delivered/registered in 2020. And indeed no test drive or whatsoever: just take it or leave it.

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
I called the dealer yesterday and changed from Infinite Blue to Star White and indeed was told that the today is the latest date to change colors since they need to confirm the reservations to the factory or Ford NL. It was said to have no implications on delivery date but any change after today will have. Exactly same info as FWE and confirmed registration and delivery 2020.

I changed colors since I did not see any real life outdoor picture of the Infinite Blue and went for the more safe Star White. When asked dealer (Broekhuis) confirmed that Black, Carbonized Grey and Silver are the top 3 colors chosen.

So its final now. Love to see more information and video's coming from mainly US about test drives and insider information.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I think i wrote it before, really nothing new here.
My previous car was registered on December 28 2015, but delivered in Februari 2016.
The same thing will happen here if delivery is delayed.

I do not mind to wait a few months longer, but i do want the car on a registered plate in 2020.
This has everything todo with the extra euros i have to pay if it gets registered in 2021. (taxes)

My lease on my current car is running until Feb 2021, so i have time.

My ordered model is the AWD+

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
For who's interested.
I ordered my SR RWD MachE via Alphabet car lease in Feb of this year. The order was confirmed by the end of Feb.
I called Ardea Ford Haarlem to check on delivery times last week but as usual they didn't call back. I tried again yesterday and was called back by Ardea Ford NL. The friendly man explained that local Ford dealers have no role in ordering or delivering MachE's. This is done by Ford NL. You of course can order via a dealer but the whole process runs via Ford. He furthermore explained that he expects all MachE's that are ordered (up till when he didn't mention) to be delivered this year. He also said Ford will start the production on May 18.
He also said that Ford is looking into ways to register MachE's in 2020 even when they are slightly delayed into 2021. Similar to what Tesla offers.
But saw in his 'system' that my Ford expected delivery is Dec 20 2002.

In short, Ford will go to great lengths to get ordered cars delivered this year and I should not be worried.
For me this sounded fine. I want to drive one even when it will be 2021 as its still way cheaper than buying a car or leasing an ICE car.

Best
Sponsored

Last edited: