First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
To be honest you’re right.
I’ve never made a benefit out of the bijtelling, like many phev drivers did!

Seduced by the looks & features of the Mach E it will/should be the first time. Although going electric is mainly a matter of saving money.
The Volvo is a mild hybrid by the way.
Ah that's nice. Im driving a phev BUT have 18 solar panels and charging my car every day. I can't wait to drive fully electric. If the mach e wouldn't be an option I'd still go electric. Probably Aiways or Tesla... Fingers crossed the current bijtelling % will be extended a bit into 2021...
Sponsored

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
You could really debate about the sustainability of EVs compared to ICE cars. Taking into acoount a life cycle analyses of the batteries (which is a big box of heavy metals) and not all electricity is produced by wind, solar or tidle (especially not in the US where only about 15 % of the production is from renewables, 20% nuclear and the rest is fossil and still about 25 % are coal fired power plants) the positive environmental impact of EVs might be exaggerated. On the contrary, ICE cars have considerably improved their fuel consumption and emissions last decade.
I agree the perception and feeling of EVs irt global sustainability is better but scientifically it seems not to be a proven fact.
But indeed we have to start somewhere with the energy transition.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
It also seems the our Government will take a decision on July 1st on the taxes for 2021 irt Corona. The current tax level of 8 % might be extended by 3 months.
Where have you found the 1st of July date?

If correct, I hope/suppose Ford will wait till this date before we need to agree with the 3k deal!

Ted Hanky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander
Country flag
Where have you found the 1st of July date?

If correct, I hope/suppose Ford will wait till this date before we need to agree with the 3k deal!
I was informed through my employer also about 1st of July about the decision on the tax for 2021 but could not find any info. Would be nice it it will be a 3000 price reduction and same tax as in 2020?

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I was informed through my employer also about 1st of July about the decision on the tax for 2021 but could not find any info. Would be nice it it will be a 3000 price reduction and same tax as in 2020?
Same for me. The mobility department of my employer told me so. I suppose this information comes either from leasecompanies or from Ford NL.
I understood there is an annual evaluation of the tax regime to assess if our policy to subsidise EVs still works out. If too little EVs are sold annually and the forecasted amount is below target the Government might reconsider the increase of tax the next year.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
You could really debate about the sustainability of EVs compared to ICE cars. Taking into acoount a life cycle analyses of the batteries (which is a big box of heavy metals) and not all electricity is produced by wind, solar or tidle (especially not in the US where only about 15 % of the production is from renewables, 20% nuclear and the rest is fossil and still about 25 % are coal fired power plants) the positive environmental impact of EVs might be exaggerated. On the contrary, ICE cars have considerably improved their fuel consumption and emissions last decade.
I agree the perception and feeling of EVs irt global sustainability is better but scientifically it seems not to be a proven fact.
This has been done. The best analysis I know of is in this article in Carbon Brief by climate scientist and journalist Zeke Hausfather. It finds the environmental cost of producing a Nissan Leaf was covered in the first 2 years of use. An MME should be comparable. The article was written May 2019 and updated with new data in February 2020.
https://www.carbonbrief.org/factcheck-how-electric-vehicles-help-to-tackle-climate-change

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes, that is absolutely true that TODAY much electricity, especially in the US is derived from fossil fuels. The counterpoint is that even the most efficient ICE engines waste a LOT of energy as useless heat. Using US EPA "mile per gallon equivalent" as a reference, it is clear that even if ALL electricity were derived from fossil fuels BEVs would still pollute less. Most BEVs have an MPGe in the >100 range, whereas the best hybrids are less than 50 MPG.

Going into the future, even the US is transitioning to more renewables - the heart of oil producing states Texas is embracing wind power as much as some European countries.

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
https://www.klimaatakkoord.nl/binar.../2019/06/28/klimaatakkoord/klimaatakkoord.pdf
In page 62 the lease part of klimaatakkoord. On page 64 the paragraph with ‘Hand aan de kraan’. They review each year the first four months.

https://www.klimaatakkoord.nl/binar.../2019/06/28/klimaatakkoord/klimaatakkoord.pdf

In this letter the government states they do a more detailed research in May/June and will inform the Tweede Kamer in June about possible adjustments.

https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/binari...het-stimuleringspakket-elektrische-auto’s.pdf

So before the end of June we should know if there will be (short) 8% extensions for 2021.
Let’s cross fingers!

Last edited:

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, fingers crossed but I do not expect too much. Evaluation takes into account the amount EVs that were sold the first 4 months of the year. This is almost all pre corona.

Hope they still decide to incentify EVs based on the expectations that amount of EVs sold in 2020 will decrease due to production stops, less mileage of current leasecars and cost savings by employers.

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
Quick update: spoke to Alphabet car lease this morning. They heard about the 3K discount, but they have not received official messages from Ford yet,

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Even worse unfortunately..

1st of Jan 2021 it will be 12% up to 40k, above that amount 22%. So 29k against 22% in your calculation.
Yes you are right. Anyway, I may still stick with the Mustang as I think it's a very cool car.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Today I was also informed formally by my employer about the delay in de delivery and the question whether I want to cancel or not. We have ordered 26 MMEs with the promise of delivery in 2020. So, we are all in the same boat. Curious what most of them will do, but my guess is most of them will cancel and order an alternative EV.
It was also confirmed Ford will reduce the price on which the tax is based with 3k, only for those cars ordered before 9th May. We call it the special Covid Edition.
However, according to the leasecompany this does not automatically mean that the purchase price for the lease company will go down with 3 k. This might even stay the same as I understand. Ford is in discussion with the leasecompanies on this matter. So it is not sure yet that also the monthly lease fee will be less. Strange, does not feel ok.

It also seems the our Government will take a decision on July 1st on the taxes for 2021 irt Corona. The current tax level of 8 % might be extended by 3 months.
Would not count on that as they need the money. On top I have my doubts that the MME will be delivered in or before March. I bet on April earliest.

I will take this weekend to decide whether to cancel or not.
Interesting development. I haven't heard anything back yet from my employer's mobility department, but they will contact me as soon as they know more. A 3K price reduction may benefit the employer, and only slightly decrease the 'bijtelling' (increase due to late delivery is about € 100 net per month, this would limit the increase to € ~72). So it would help to ease the pain a bit.
Sponsored