EA Charging Question- I got charged a Penny.

clw7777

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
So I finally started using some of my free charging this past weekend to go pick up my new puppy. (I've been lucky with free weekends up to this point) Where I'm confused is I charged a total of 4 times at 2 different stations (there and back) and only to 80% every time. 2 of the times, each station, I got charged a penny.
I'm not upset over a penny, I just don't understand. Technically, it was still charging so there wouldn't have been any idle time. The 2nd time it happened, we literally were sitting there when it hit 80% and hopped out immediately and unplugged in case that's what had happened the first time. It wasn't station specific as both stations did it.
Anybody have any ideas?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Were you using Plug and Charge? If so, how do you know you got charged anything?

Hopefully you hit the button on the car before unplugging.

OP
OP

clw7777

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
Were you using Plug and Charge? If so, how do you know you got charged anything?

Hopefully you hit the button on the car before unplugging.
I went through the Ford app. Last time i tried plug and charge it didn't work and i was impatient and didn't want to screw with it.
I know I got charged b/c the pump said it at the end after we had hung the thingy back up, and i got an email with my "receipt".
I got emails for my $0 receipts also. basically showing my charging balance. I haven't actually looked at my credit card to see if I actually got charged a penny.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have gotten a random small charge from Ford when I've used plug and charge/fordpass. It was like $0.04 and got refunded automatically within a week.

OP
OP

clw7777

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
I have gotten a random small charge from Ford when I've used plug and charge/fordpass. It was like $0.04 and got refunded automatically within a week.
ok, good to see you're in OK as I was in Erick and Weatherford when these charges happened so a bit of a local answer.

As I said, I don't really care, just more curious than anything.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Its only happened once to me.
I just looked through my records, and I got charged 6/26/21 $0.04 and I got the refund 7/28/21. So it was almost a month before I got the refund.

Ford Mustang Mach-E EA Charging Question- I got charged a Penny. 1642534622242
Sponsored