EA Station closed for "Civil Enhancement"?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Does anyone know what this means? Civil enhancement? They gotta shut the chargers down for it?

Ford Mustang Mach-E EA Station closed for "Civil Enhancement"? 1675115482744
Sponsored

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would guess a canopy and lights?
That would be nice, I figure someone would have posted some sort of change, but it's just that there's now only 1 charger working lol. These are still the old style chargers too.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
That would be nice, I figure someone would have posted some sort of change, but it's just that there's now only 1 charger working lol. These are still the old style chargers too.
Maybe swapping out to the new chargers?

Though the message at Gainesville specifically says they are replacing the chargers.

Ford Mustang Mach-E EA Station closed for "Civil Enhancement"? 1675115961042

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I'm guessing its the utility company making changes to those cabinets? Or unrelated maintenance by the utility company where they don't want EA chargers pulling from their grid during a certain timeperiod.

Love how its open-ended. Like could be 4-hours, or 4-weeks, they left themselves maximum flexibility.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Does anyone know what this means? Civil enhancement? They gotta shut the chargers down for it?

I stopped at that location in Nov before thanksgiving. I’m curious what Civil Enhancements are bc that notice is different than the one EA uses when they’re replacing dispensers.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe swapping out to the new chargers?

Though the message at Gainesville specifically says they are replacing the chargers.

Wow, Gainesville is always busy, they definitely need it, but according to Plugshare the new chargers are installed as of yesterday, but still aren't activated. Crazy.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I stopped at that location in Nov before thanksgiving. I’m curious what Civil Enhancements are bc that notice is different than the one EA uses when they’re replacing dispensers.
Maybe it's a booby trap to keep all the redneck meth-heads from messing with the chargers lol

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Wow, Gainesville is always busy, they definitely need it, but according to Plugshare the new chargers are installed as of yesterday, but still aren't activated. Crazy.
I’m headed that way in a couple of days and was planning on using Gainesville. I may need a plan “B”.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m headed that way in a couple of days and was planning on using Gainesville. I may need a plan “B”.
All the North/Central Florida EA chargers are looking in dire shape right now according to Plugshare 😬, which is sad because I haven't had an issue at one of them before, but looks like they are getting used like crazy now

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Your only other DCFC option would be the EA in Lake City if you can make it there. You can do a short top up at the ChargePoint chargers just north of Gainesville, but they’re only 62.5kw.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Your only other DCFC option would be the EA in Lake City if you can make it there. You can do a short top up at the ChargePoint chargers just north of Gainesville, but they’re only 62.5kw.
Dothan, AL to Astor. ABRP suggests going through Valdosta, but I could drop down to Chipley and come over on I10. If the charger at my hotel is available, I should be at 100% leaving Dothan.
EA in Valdosta is also crippled, it appears.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dothan, AL to Astor. ABRP suggests going through Valdosta, but I could drop down to Chipley and come over on I10. If the charger at my hotel is available, I should be at 100% leaving Dothan.
EA in Valdosta is also crippled, it appears.
Oh man, Astor, I grew up around there. Definitely no chargers there haha. There’s 3 good DCFC in Daytona though