Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
When I took delivery of the vehicle, full charge range was displayed at 298km. Ford website states 397km on my model on a RWD model. Been talking to FORD Canada and they say that driving habits etc affect the range blah blah. Need to wait for 800km of driving for the computer to figure things out blah blah. Taking it to the dealership to have it diagnosed but what I think is that the website has it wrong .. OR .. which is a big OR .. is that the AWD model truly has only a range of 298km .. which I would have never purchased .. and who would purchase a crossover SUV with rear wheel drive in Canada with our snowy winters. I get 5-10% range decrease for driving behaviour . .but not a 25% .. think of a pie graph .. 25% is 1/4 of that pie gone. Anyone else having this issue.?

2022-05-06_16-30-47.png
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Been talking to FORD Canada and they say that driving habits etc affect the range blah blah. Need to wait for 800km of driving for the computer to figure things out blah blah. Taking it to the dealership to have it diagnosed
There's nothing to diagnose. It sounds like Ford Canada already gave you the answer. And yes, the AWD model gets less range than the RWD.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
The short answer is there is nothing wrong with your Mach E when it comes to range. I realize you are new to the forum, but if you run a search for range threads you will find a ton of information.

Bottom line is outside temps are a huge factor in range, as are a lot of other factors, including but not limited to the history on your new MME not being reset. After you look at a lot of the other threads you will see what I am talking about.

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
When I took delivery of the vehicle, full charge range was displayed at 298km. Ford website states 397km on my model on a RWD model. Been talking to FORD Canada and they say that driving habits etc affect the range blah blah. Need to wait for 800km of driving for the computer to figure things out blah blah. Taking it to the dealership to have it diagnosed but what I think is that the website has it wrong .. OR .. which is a big OR .. is that the AWD model truly has only a range of 298km .. which I would have never purchased .. and who would purchase a crossover SUV with rear wheel drive in Canada with our snowy winters. I get 5-10% range decrease for driving behaviour . .but not a 25% .. think of a pie graph .. 25% is 1/4 of that pie gone. Anyone else having this issue.?

Ford Mustang Mach-E eAWD Range 2022-05-06_16-30-47
Saw that 397 and I was, sweet, and then noticed km

OP
OP

bretrevans1

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The short answer is there is nothing wrong with your Mach E when it comes to range. I realize you are new to the forum, but if you run a search for range threads you will find a ton of information.

Bottom line is outside temps are a huge factor in range, as are a lot of other factors, including but not limited to the history on your new MME not being reset. After you look at a lot of the other threads you will see what I am talking about.
I've reset, ... tracked all kinds of driving habits, using one pedal driving with 100% brake score and never see more than 298km range. One thing that I haven't done is drive the battery below 10% and record what actual distance I get out of the battery. I've calculated the magic # to be 5.6km per kWh .. and most driving behavior is better than that .. so that is why I'm perturbed ... I've opened a case with Ford Canada .. had it to the dealership .. it's like a cell or two of the battery isn't functioning or connected .. like I don't have the full 68-70 kWh ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've reset, ... tracked all kinds of driving habits, using one pedal driving with 100% brake score and never see more than 298km range. One thing that I haven't done is drive the battery below 10% and record what actual distance I get out of the battery. I've calculated the magic # to be 5.6km per kWh .. and most driving behavior is better than that .. so that is why I'm perturbed ... I've opened a case with Ford Canada .. had it to the dealership .. it's like a cell or two of the battery isn't functioning or connected .. like I don't have the full 68-70 kWh ?
There’s nothing wrong with your car. My GOM is showing the same as yours (except in miles). It is what it is. If you’re expecting they will be able to give you more range, you will be disappointed.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My range varied based on weather in the winter I lost almost 100 miles on a full charge as spring is coming and weather is getting warmer I am getting the 100 miles back.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I am pretty sure if there really was a problem with one or more of the cells in the battery you would have all sorts of error messages popping up on the display. One of the reasons a lot of us here call the range display the Guess O Meter is because it is really that... just a guess that is usually wrong (usually too pessimistic). Also the range estimates you see published by Ford are under ideal conditions and very controlled driving conditions, which are usually never met in your day to day driving.

I have the US AWD model with the 88 kwh battery and a published range of 270 miles. In 6,000 miles now I have never seen any estimate over 220 miles, even on the few times I have charged to 100% overnight. I have never had any problems with this range. In fact, I have never had the battery under 10% charge even on longer road trips. You will probably find that you will become very comfortable with the range and in the event you don't, I don't think you will have a lack of buyers/dealers who will be willing to take the car off your hands for as much or more than what you currently have it in already (assuming the market in Canada is anything like the market in the US for these cars).

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
You want the EPA range, you gotta drive like you’re doing an EPA fuel economy test, and do it repeatedly so the car begins to predict that you will be driving like it

Details here.

Reactions: ARK

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
From Ford Canada's website - Premium ranges

SR RWD: Est. 247 miles (397 km)
SR eAWD: Est. 224 miles (360 km)
ER RWD: Est. 303 miles (488 km)
ER eAWD: Est. 277 miles (446 km)

As people note above, real world range varies from rated range for a variety of factors, most notably acceleration, highway speed, and temperature.

How long have you had the car? I'd suggest driving it through several charge cycles and determine your watts/km. If it's significantly off, take it into the dealership and have them run diagnostics.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I would never buy a smaller battery in a winter climate.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would never buy a smaller battery in a winter climate.
The smaller battery makes sense for some people. If you don’t drive a lot, there’s no reason to spend more to carry around extra battery weight that you don’t use. But people shouldn’t make that decision and then complain about the range.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don’t understand how I can wait over a year for this car and not have it while there are people who have one and don’t know the most basic and important things about it.

Zassi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
The smaller battery makes sense for some people. If you don’t drive a lot, there’s no reason to spend more to carry around extra battery weight that you don’t use. But people shouldn’t make that decision and then complain about the range.
Got to to agree generaltso, I drive around 90-100miles each day and the SR worked perfectly over the last winter. The only bad thingh that comes with the smaller battery is the fact that tou cant travel charge it as fast as the bigger one. Luckily for me it’s a rare thing for me when I need more than 200miles out of in one day :)

OP
OP

bretrevans1

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I don’t understand how I can wait over a year for this car and not have it while there are people who have one and don’t know the most basic and important things about it.
Hey Rick, didn't know that forums were a place for people for people to be rude. My salesperson told me that I was to going to get 397km of range .. my cottage is 244 km from home and that gave me the buffer that I needed considering all the factors that I was aware of (temperature, driving behaviour etc. I also modeled driving behaviour and saw that the GOM doesn't really do a good job of estimating range anyways. Knowing what I know now, and having my local dealership ask me to pay 10,000 over MSRP for a FORD F-150 Lighting, I purchased a Rivian R1/T with the Max Battery Pack. Sorry FORD .. and Rick, I guess you are one of those people that the internet has given a voice that needs to be tamed.
Sponsored

Attachments