Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
But it is that easy to turn on - 2 buttons on the steering wheel (lane keeping on, cruise control on)
I guess I'm hung up on the not knowing if it's going to engage BC or not. I would really only use BC if I needed it (to quickly find something I dropped on the floor, for instance), and the uncertainty of whether it's available raises the bar for "needing" it. In the Tesla, I could just scan the situation quickly, pop it on, and dump out of it (hopefully before it made a beeline for the 18 wheeler hugging the line next to me) as soon as I was done with whatever.

In any case, I now think I have all the pieces necessary to make that decision as and when needed.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
As I never had seen the welcome lights on my MME, I was thinking this was only for the Premium version. Until one evening I saw the lighted pony next to the car. šŸ˜³ Of course I had to show this the next evening to my neighbour, but.... no welcome lights. I tried and tried many times, in the darkest nights, on Sunday mornings, etc... but the welcome lights never came back. I still do not know the conditions when they should appaer. Is it random?
Car must be locked (mirrors folded). Car must ā€thinkā€ you have been away a while (no welcome lighting lit). If you walk up and the welcome lighting comes on the ponies should appear. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The air conditioning cuts out at 100 mph.
I made a post about this last year in my Premium! I was flooring to max speed (113mph in the Premium), and when I hit 100mph, the AC completely cut out. I did it a few times and it kept cutting out. I then made it to my destination and when I got back on the freeway, I tried it again and this time the AC stayed on. Guess it depends.

jr4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
As I never had seen the welcome lights on my MME, I was thinking this was only for the Premium version. Until one evening I saw the lighted pony next to the car. šŸ˜³ Of course I had to show this the next evening to my neighbour, but.... no welcome lights. I tried and tried many times, in the darkest nights, on Sunday mornings, etc... but the welcome lights never came back. I still do not know the conditions when they should appaer. Is it random?
Move your keys and phones away from the car. Lock it. Approach it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That notification can be turned on or off. It got annoying every time I got on the highway for a short trip, so I turned it off.
Still bugged on Job 2 2021s, I've turned that setting on and off a million times but still get the stupid notification. If I ever get the latest Sync update, that is also infuriatingly not in FDRS, I'm hoping it fixes it!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealers have thus far proven themselves to be pretty unknowing/unaware of the Mach-E and its issues, and Iā€™ve seen more than a handful of reports on this very forum of people who took theirs in for the BlueCruise update and have had failed results. So, Iā€™m waiting for the official OTAs.
But you can be stuck and not even able to get OTAs... there has to be a reputable dealer somewhere within an hour or two you can take a shot with. You can even ask to speak with a service advisor to gauge if they've done whatever you need them to do so you don't waste your time.

Lucky luke

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Car must be locked (mirrors folded). Car must ā€thinkā€ you have been away a while (no welcome lighting lit). If you walk up and the welcome lighting comes on the ponies should appear. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©
I have tried everything: with fob, without fob, on the left, right, front, back side, in the middle of the night,.... No success. He does not like me.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I turn off lane keeping on side roads because I like having the speedometer centered in the display.
Set the steering wheel and seat do you can see both the speed and automation status.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
After owning the MME for a month or so using the charger at home I went to my first Electrify America charging station and could not figure out how to get the charger plugged into the charging port on the MME. Finally the guy next to me came over and flipped down the little plastic piece in the charging port to allow the charger to fit...stop laughing...you wanted embarrassing.
Don't worry about it! I helped a lady find and open the charge port on her Model 3...and I don't even own a Tesla. :)

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
We picked our MME out after test driving lots of vehicles (mostly ICE). The MME was just the better vehicle and we had to talk ourselves into the EV part, initially seeing it as a negative for road trips. What we didn't know until after getting the MME:
  • There was $7,500 tax credit
  • Adaptive cruise control we were used to, but on the way home from the dealership discovered the hands free / bluecruise mode. Pretty cool. ;)
  • It had 2 motors (front and back) (AWD model)
  • Took a few days to find that cubby hold under the charger
In our defense we put most of our evaluation in getting a new car in how it drives during a test drive, cargo capacity, apparent quality, reviews, etc. though admittedly it was pretty embarrassing realizing some features people are really excited about (bluecruise, tax credit) we didn't even know about.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Wow, I was positive people were joking about the mini washer that cleans off the front camera. Just tried it on my MME and I can confirm itā€™s real.
Ford wouldnā€™t let me have a front came or washer, soā€¦ šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Wow, I was positive people were joking about the mini washer that cleans off the front camera. Just tried it on my MME and I can confirm itā€™s real.
Wait, what? A spritzer for the camera? That's pretty cool. Does it run with the windshield sprayer?
Sponsored