Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This morning my son noticed the weird cubby under the center console. Embarrassingly, I'd never noticed it before. This was way worse than realizing the load floor in the back could move, because I'm not usually in the trunk.

What have you found on your MME that you really should have noticed sooner? Go ahead, spill the beans - this is a safe space!
Salesman should have pointed it out. Also your car has an air compressor and tire sealant instead of a spare tire.
Sponsored

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Wait, what? A spritzer for the camera? That's pretty cool. Does it run with the windshield sprayer?
Yep. When you run the windshield washers, a little nozzle pokes out of the front of the car and cleans your front camera. Had the car for a year and had no idea.

It’s honestly adorable:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I can see both fine - just a personal preference.
We shall see what happens with the upcoming UI update (soon™). Perhaps we'll be able to select what the various third of the IPC display. I'd prefer the groundspeed be in the middle, automation status off to the right and range/soc upcoming navigation prompts on the left. If that doesn't happen, perhaps the CarPlay virus-like takeover in 2023 will allow that. ;)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
No, but the dealer tried to sell me the oil change package when I bought the car….seriously. 🤣
The guy acting as sales manager when I bought mine ran down the list of stuff like that. Asked me if I wanted that, then stopped looked at me, and said, "I can't believe I just asked that." then moved on.

OP
OP

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Salesman should have pointed it out. Also your car has an air compressor and tire sealant instead of a spare tire.
The compressor I knew about. Mostly because I removed the foam holder to get the load floor level in the lower position. Which probably want necessary, but what's done is done.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
They were probably talking about the front and rear of the seat going up and down independently so that the angle can be adjusted. That's what's missing from the MME.
It took me a bit of playing with those levers to realize that you can't do that. I've been used to that on other cars and really miss the ability to raise the front of the seat bottom--the way it is set is just a bit low for me unfortunately but I can live with it.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
I have tried everything: with fob, without fob, on the left, right, front, back side, in the middle of the night,.... No success. He does not like me.
Turn on the walk away self locking and see if the car locks on it's own. This will tell you if a key is still close enough to fool the car. Then when you approach, the lights should come on when you get about 20 to 30 ft from the car. You have to have the Fob more than 40 ft out.

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Yep. When you run the windshield washers, a little nozzle pokes out of the front of the car and cleans your front camera. Had the car for a year and had no idea.

It’s honestly adorable:

That's cool I didn't know the MME had one. In my old Bolt, turning on the rear wipers would spray the rear glass and a little nozzle would spray the back up camera. But it didn't pop out. 😎

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
After owning the MME for a month or so using the charger at home I went to my first Electrify America charging station and could not figure out how to get the charger plugged into the charging port on the MME. Finally the guy next to me came over and flipped down the little plastic piece in the charging port to allow the charger to fit...stop laughing...you wanted embarrassing.
Probably would have happened to me except in my old Bolt the flip down piece was bright orange so it was a lot more obvious what to do!
So I knew what to look for.

Lucky luke

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Turn on the walk away self locking and see if the car locks on it's own. This will tell you if a key is still close enough to fool the car. Then when you approach, the lights should come on when you get about 20 to 30 ft from the car. You have to have the Fob more than 40 ft out.
Thanks. The car is self locking so i am sure to be far enough with the fob. I am also waiting a long time (tried up to several hours) before approaching. I do not use PaaK. Mysteries are part of the Mach-E 🤣🤣, I would be 100% sure that it isn't working on my version of the car, but he did it once (in the one month I have my car). Well, if this is the only thing I am struggeling with, it's ok compared with others on this forum 😀. But embarrassing with my neighbour, and it looks a bit stupid, me in the middle of the night🤣🤣

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
What have you found on your MME that you really should have noticed sooner? Go ahead, spill the beans - this is a safe space!
I checked in and under the trunk for a spare tire and a jack but instead found a tire pump. To my great surprise, the tire pump includes some adapter tips for bicycle tires and whatnot.

One of the tips looks like it could make for a decent air hose for blowing out dust. So I double pulled the latch to open the hood and clean out the engine. And guess what, this car has no spare tire and NO engine! And that area under the hood reeks like some weird mix of sweet and spicy wing sauce and old fish.

Simply amazing.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
On a more serious note... I thoroughly checked out the vehicle before I completed the purchase. During my walk around I lifted up on the rear seat bench for some reason and it popped right up. It's incredibly easy to remove.

Reinstalling it took me a bit of patience... Eventually I realized you have to make sure all the seat belt latches are sticking up (i.e. in a position where they are actually useful) in order to get the rear bench to snap back into place.

Now I kinda wonder if people store their deepest darkest secrets, or tinfoil wrapped fobs, under that bench.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks. The car is self locking so i am sure to be far enough with the fob. I am also waiting a long time (tried up to several hours) before approaching. I do not use PaaK. Mysteries are part of the Mach-E 🤣🤣, I would be 100% sure that it isn't working on my version of the car, but he did it once (in the one month I have my car). Well, if this is the only thing I am struggeling with, it's ok compared with others on this forum 😀. But embarrassing with my neighbour, and it looks a bit stupid, me in the middle of the night🤣🤣
Does your vehicle have folding side mirrors? If so, the Mustang projectors won't turn on unless the mirrors are folded in.
Sponsored