Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I discovered that my Shadow Black Mach-E GT is a HUUUUGE chick magnet. I've owned flashy sports cars and motorcycles but, seriously, nothing compares to this stallion. Lets just say that my wife is already thoroughly annoyed. 😂 I've already been followed home, had an SUV full of college girls hit me up a traffic light and I'm stopped/approached in parking lots often. The list goes on...

To the single dudes seeking attention: Sell whatever you're driving now and get a Mach-E 🤯
Drive it around here. You'll get dirty looks and flipped off from everyone thinking I'm stealing their coal jobs
Sponsored

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Drive it around here. You'll get dirty looks and flipped off from everyone thinking I'm stealing their coal jobs
Not surprised. I had one guy with a certain kind of stickers peppered on the back of his clapped out truck point at my MME then give me the thumbs down.

🤡

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Not surprised. I had one guy with a certain kind of stickers peppered on the back of his busted up truck point at my MME then give me the thumbs down.

🤡
Might have been one of my neighbors!!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Not surprised. I had one guy with a certain kind of stickers peppered on the back of his clapped out truck point at my MME then give me the thumbs down.

🤡
I guess that’s one of the benefits of living in the Peoples’ Republic of California. Most of my neighbors think my car is cool. Most people on the road pretty much ignore it. 🤪🐩

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
It is a general email. Most of their customers have ICE vehicles. Right now we are not revenue producers for the dealers. You need to see the look on their faces when you bring your vehicle for updates. Be kind. Be understanding. They are really trying to understand these new vehicles. You are not walking into a Tesla dealership.
Yeah, I get it. I just find it amusing. My dealer's service department is above average, all things considered. This morning I stopped by because my windshield washer fluid wasn't coming out, even though I had just filled the reservoir the day before and could hear the pump running when I pressed the lever. They had it in and out in 10 minutes. Turns out the tube from the pump to the spray nozzles had come loose. I've been getting my cars serviced at this same dealer for the past 10 years, first my 2008 Escape XLS, then my 2017 Explorer Platinum, now my 2021 MME Premium 4X. Maxwell Ford in South Austin gets a 👍🏻 from me.

Last edited:

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
I used this to fix that:
image.jpg

Anyone ever notice that the lines in the display for the back-up camera were designed for the camera to be mounted to the left of center? 🤪🐩
Or you can flip the cargo cover over. The dealer probably installed it upside down.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Note to self: Does not work if your GT-PE is Grabber Blue and you are a curly-hair canine. I have better results on foot. 🤪🐩

300EDD39-9BC8-4DB4-A901-1A7DAF2E2A8B.jpeg
I don’t know about that. I myself can never get enough of these handsome poodle in the Mach E frunk pictures. 😍🤣

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I don’t know about that. I myself can never get enough of these handsome poodle in the Mach E frunk pictures. 😍🤣
I guess the ladies around here are not as refined as you! 😊🐩

I really do get more comments from ladies on foot than I do in the car. Must be a paws and steering wheel thing. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Steve-in-MD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT, 2012 MB E550, 2017 Lexus RH350
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Those little side trays in the back corners of the rear cargo area are a good place throw a handful of small zip ties. I use them to afix the floppy cargo cover that's always popping off the spindles. If I need to remove it, I just clip them off with nail clippers.
Small black rubber bands hold the cargo cover in place nicely and can be taken off and out on easily.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Small black rubber bands hold the cargo cover in place nicely and can be taken off and out on easily.
I tried that first (o-rings), but they only helped on very light interference. As soon as it hit stronger interference (like a suitcase), mine still popped those off on one side. And I was using the thickest rings that fit. I finally got so frustrated with it that I resorted to zip ties to make damn sure they stay on there. It finally works. They're cheaper than o-rings anyway and easy to clip off and replace the rare time I need to remove the cover for some reason.

I still find myself sticking my arm in there to lift the cover as the door closes though (when it's gonna touch something), because sometimes the front side of the cover still goes cattywampus when it hits something, and gets stuck on top of a string spindle on one side. Shouldn't have to do that, of course, but oh well. Every car has it's quirks we have to jury-rig around.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I tried that first (o-rings), but they only helped on very light interference. As soon as it hit stronger interference (like a suitcase), mine still popped those off on one side. And I was using the thickest rings that fit. I finally got so frustrated with it that I resorted to zip ties to make damn sure they stay on there. It finally works. They're cheaper than o-rings anyway and easy to clip off and replace the rare time I need to remove the cover for some reason.

I still find myself sticking my arm in there to lift the cover as the door closes though (when it's gonna touch something), because sometimes the front side of the cover still goes cattywampus when it hits something, and gets stuck on top of a string spindle on one side. Shouldn't have to do that, of course, but oh well. Every car has it's quirks we have to jury-rig around.
And you can get zip ties that open up and are reusable.

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag

My cargo cover works perfectly … hanging on a hook in my garage.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
In “Intelligent Cruise” the front camera reads the speed limit signs and the dealer had set the cruise speed limit to 5 mph over. I set the MME on “Intelligent Cruise” on a long straight when I was going 50. At the end of the straight there’s a narrow bridge ending in a tight left curve. The F’ing car sped up to 55 mph when it read the sign. Scared the crap out of me as I couldn’t figure out what happened. Then I read the manual 😬.

fYI, on an update “Intelligent Cruise” disappeared as a menu choice.

1stMach-E

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just discovered the $2k CA state tax credit I was expecting (during tax time along with the federal credit) is actually a rebate that you need to apply for within 3-months of purchase. I purchased 4-months ago and cannot apply now. FML
Sponsored