LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Vapor Blue Metallic
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
OK, I have AM radio working on my ‘23 GT. I had tried earlier but one of the changes is in the ACM module, which was not in the spreadsheet at the time.
  1. Enable AM Tuner in ACM, by changing this setting from 1->0. My version of Forscan only has the As-Built module version, so I had to make the change manually.
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Enabling AM Radio in Forscan for ‘23 MME IMG_0393

2. Set the AM Tuner as Available in APIM. You can use the Forscan APIM module, or change it manually (A->2) using the APIM As-Built module.
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Enabling AM Radio in Forscan for ‘23 MME IMG_0395

3. I also enabled HDRSL, HD Radio Station Logos, in APIM. (1->5 if done manually). Not sure if that made anything different.
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Enabling AM Radio in Forscan for ‘23 MME IMG_0398

4. You have to go into settings on the AM screen to enable AM HD. I only got one station to display the HD icon. The icon seemed to not be a button, like it is for FM HD, and the station sounded no different. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere, or AM HD is just too uncommon. Perhaps '21-'22 owners can confirm.

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Good work.

AM HD radio stations are so rare most people are probably lucky if they can get one.

OP
OP
LaFong

LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Isn’t this going to be a software update at some point?
Yep, Farley said so. But if you need your fix of religious or sports or fringe talk shows now, you can jump early.

Last edited:

dcortez

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
I must have AM radio. Talk, sports, weather, traffic, emergency all important to me. Toyota, Subaru EVs all come with AM radio. High quality AM. It can be done. When Mach e has AM radio, I would like to buy one. I'm waiting for the dealer to prove to me. Hating right wing radio talk shows is not a reason to ban AM. I'm not a fan but we still have a first amendment.

OP
OP
LaFong

LaFong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Hey, I enabled it in my ‘23. :p I have many fond memories of AM during my pizza delivery days.

dcortez

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
The first amendment does not mean what you think it means...
You cannot shout fire in a crowded theater. If you don't like what you hear on a tv or radio talks show, then turn it off. All speakers in public, including social media, should identify themselves. If they slander or libel you, then you know who to sue.

dcortez

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
banning AM radio is unconstitutional. The airwaves are owned by the public. Congress will likely fix this effort to limit free speech on public airways, AM and FM. If the internet is not a public airway then they should fix that.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Hating right wing radio talk shows is not a reason to ban AM.
There is no ban on AM by anyone, anywhere. The reason Ford didn't want to have AM in their EVs is that they were tired of fielding complaints about EM interference.

curtisfinney

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V60, Subaru Forestor, 2023 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
I must have AM radio. Talk, sports, weather, traffic, emergency all important to me. Toyota, Subaru EVs all come with AM radio. High quality AM. It can be done. When Mach e has AM radio, I would like to buy one. I'm waiting for the dealer to prove to me. Hating right wing radio talk shows is not a reason to ban AM. I'm not a fan but we still have a first amendment.
can’t you just stream it? I have no interest in AM and rarely listen to FM. Iget everything I want through Apple CarPlay

curtisfinney

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V60, Subaru Forestor, 2023 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
banning AM radio is unconstitutional. The airwaves are owned by the public. Congress will likely fix this effort to limit free speech on public airways, AM and FM. If the internet is not a public airway then they should fix that.
Congress has more important things than dictating AM radio. Stream it off your smartphone

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Politics has no place on this forum. Please stop.

mrjlhayes

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonite Gray Premium Extended Battery AWD Mach-E
Country flag
I’m confused. My 2021 Mach-e came with AM. Do the newer Mach-es not have it. I assuming if a firmware hack allows people to get AM, the hardware has to be there. Is Ford just disabling it?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m confused. My 2021 Mach-e came with AM. Do the newer Mach-es not have it. I assuming if a firmware hack allows people to get AM, the hardware has to be there. Is Ford just disabling it?
Correct. It was disabled for 2023, but Ford has changed their mind and will enable it at some point.
Sponsored