TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The update that changes the charge curve and allows fast-charging at greater than 12kW is 21P22.

As for plug & charge not working ... there are two major parts of setting this up.

First you need to add a payment method to your Blue Oval Charging Network account. Visit the owner.ford.com website, log in, go into Connected Services and you should see Blue Oval Charge Network. Pick that, scroll down, and add a payment method.

I'm told there can be a delay once you do this (e.g. it might not work the same day you set it up but should work the following day). I set mine up about a week before the first time I used it.

Second: Go into the FordPass app, go to the Vehicle tab (at bottom), then expand the "Charging" category, pick "Blue Oval Charge Network" -> "Plug & Charge" then toggle it on.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Ford won't pay a dealer for the updates on later cars.
It is possible to get Ford to pay for it. I think the key is a case number from Ford CS. If you have a problem reported to Ford that a software update might resolve, I think Ford will pay for the software updates. At least that is my theory for why they did all mine at no cost to me. I do have the faster 80% charge speed now.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It is possible to get Ford to pay for it. I think the key is a case number from Ford CS. If you have a problem reported to Ford that a software update might resolve, I think Ford will pay for the software updates. At least that is my theory for why they did all mine at no cost to me. I do have the faster 80% charge speed now.
Right. I should have said Ford won't necessarily pay for the updates on later built cars.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I'm not sure what build date started having the charging curve updates installed from the factory. Those updates may exist for cars built after 9/30, but Ford's 21P22 CSP doesn't cover later dates, so Ford won't pay a dealer for the updates on later cars.

I can check what updates you still have available if you want to send me your VIN.
3FMTK3SU5MMA37908
thanks in advance

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
As suspected, your dealer did not do all the updates. Not even close. It looks like the only one they even tried was the OBCC on March 10th.
THIS is going to be Ford's second biggest impediment to rolling out EVs, with the first impediment their inability to do mass rollout of OTA updates (if they can't conquer that).

The fact that a dealership can submit for payment to Ford for work not done, with no consequences, is ridiculous. There has to be an audit system in place that is able to show that updates were not applied, not even attempted, and then compensation to the customer (out of the dealer's pocket).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
THIS is going to be Ford's second biggest impediment to rolling out EVs, with the first impediment their inability to do mass rollout of OTA updates (if they can't conquer that).

The fact that a dealership can submit for payment to Ford for work not done, with no consequences, is ridiculous. There has to be an audit system in place that is able to show that updates were not applied, not even attempted, and then compensation to the customer (out of the dealer's pocket).
Agreed. Ford obviously has access to the car's update history through FDRS or other means, so it should be possible to have a system in place that compares that with what the dealers bill for. If they don't match, it should generate a red flag.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

Which of the missing updates changes the charging?
I just turned on the hotspot which may help with OTA’s. To say the least, to say I'm not happy with my dealer’s service department is an understatement.

What is the FDRS program and how technical does one need to be to use it?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just turned on the hotspot which may help with OTA’s. To say the least, to say I'm not happy with my dealer’s service department is an understatement.

Turn the hotspot back off. All you're doing is wasting data.

I have no idea which module updates the curve, but if they didn't complete 21P22, which updates up to 13 modules, they need to.

You need to have a good grasp of how modules update, and things to do / not do. I wouldn't consider using it myself, and neither should you.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

Do a search on the forum for FDRS in the title. There is a lot to learn and it is not cheap.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag