Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So I know you should not do this, but I do it all the time and just noticed it no longer working.

Normally when you have your car on, in drive, at a stop, and you open your door it puts it in park. I have a stupid gate I have to open every morning and realized this “feature” a long time ago. Now however, opening the door leaves the car in drive.

Just thought it was an interesting recent change. Guess I have to remember to put it in park now like a normal person :)
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
So I know you should not do this, but I do it all the time and just noticed it no longer working.

Normally when you have your car on, in drive, at a stop, and you open your door it puts it in park. I have a stupid gate I have to open every morning and realized this “feature” a long time ago. Now however, opening the door leaves the car in drive.

Just thought it was an interesting recent change. Guess I have to remember to put it in park now like a normal person :)
If you use 1PD or have auto-hold enabled, you won’t have an issue if you forget to put it in P.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I use 1PD all the time and mine does the same. However, if I apply the handbrake, put the car into N and press the L button and get out it won't shift to P

lightnin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD X batt, 2018 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired IT
Country flag
hmmm...does the horn sound since you got out with the key while the car is "on"?

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I use 1PD all the time and mine does the same. However, if I apply the handbrake, put the car into N and press the L button and get out it won't shift to P
???? Too many steps to put car in park.
N+L should put you in car wash neutral
Handbrake?

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
???? Too many steps to put car in park.
N+L should put you in car wash neutral
Handbrake?
The park override is useful when you use PAAk. Often times I can’t get it out of park after exiting the vehicle with it running lol. I have to turn it off then back on so it can find the key again.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
The park override is useful when you use PAAk. Often times I can’t get it out of park after exiting the vehicle with it running lol. I have to turn it off then back on so it can find the key again.
WOW. A lot of steps for a one step operation.
Yes, I do not use PAAK. This is one of many reasons why. I know it is fun to do battle w/ the "tech.", but for me, not fun. If it is a battle to use and not required to operate my car, then.....

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Yes, I do not use PAAK. This is one of many reasons why. I know it is fun to do battle w/ the "tech.", but for me, not fun. If it is a battle to use and not required to operate my car, then.....
I guess, it’s one button more than just putting it in park (I always use the park brake anyways so that’s not an extra step). The auto park override is very useful in certain situations, so it’s a good thing to know.

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So I tired this three different times after the car had been powered off for an extended period of time. Today on the way home, got to the gate, opened the door and it went into park... Maybe it knew I was talking *hit about it this morning lol

Guess it was just some type of fluke.. The car does honk if I get out with my phone and leave the car on. Been so dang hot, I actually stopped by the gas station this morning and left it turned on when I ran in.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah, far too complicated. I’ve used PAAK for most of the 2+ years I’ve had the car and have never had this particular issue.

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you use 1PD or have auto-hold enabled, you won’t have an issue if you forget to put it in P.
Ya, I have 1PD turned on, also have auto-hold turned on. I know you don't "technically" need auto-hold but car drove me nuts without it. I've not tested that for a long time though, back when I first got the car it would ever so slightly move. I thought I was nuts till I had hung an air freshener on the mirror and I could see it swing. Once I turned on the brake hold it stopped doing that. I've not tired that for a long time though.