Fed up, scheduled test drive of Ionic 5

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
Saw an ionic 5 today on the road. Still in dealer wrap - so maybe a test drive. Looked interesting but also looked (from afar) sma double L - small.
Sponsored

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Saw an ionic 5 today on the road. Still in dealer wrap - so maybe a test drive. Looked interesting but also looked (from afar) sma double L - small.
They're a little bit weird. They have a longer wheelbase than a Palisade but they are, I think, 4" shorter than a MME.

I haven't seen one but the local dealers are listing them on their sites now. I'm in a unique situation, relatively minor surgery this week, so I have to quarantine until the surgery, then I can't drive until Monday next week.

Anyways, I'm going to try and get down and drive one in the next couple of weeks if they're still on the lots. If I could find an AWD Limited in a decent color, who knows.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Still butt ugly.

I am sick of waiting for MME/EV6/ModelY so I'm picking up a Limited AWD to hold me over for the next 3 months. Feb 2nd is the delivery date.

I test drove a SEL RWD last week. It was... slow. Not ID.4 slow though. Slower than a MME Premium RWD but what sold me was the quietness and smooth ride - along with the 800V charging and Vehicle to Load (3600W inverter). It's more of a luxury sedan than SUV.

That Shooting Star matte paint is INCREDIBLE in person. I didn't want it nor the maintenance headache.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fed up, scheduled test drive of Ionic 5 Photo Jan 14, 2 35 31 PM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Fed up, scheduled test drive of Ionic 5 Photo Jan 14, 2 35 18 PM

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
That color is fantastic but also why I cancelled my pre-order, the maintenance on the matte.

Any shenanigans on price?

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That color is fantastic but also why I cancelled my pre-order, the maintenance on the matte.

Any shenanigans on price?
That dealer? $10K markup. $3K in additions. That's just an SEL RWD not even a Limited. It's Marion County... somebody will pay it. In fact, somebody was buying that car (the two on the other side).

I visited 3 other Hyundai dealerships and it's scary how little inventory they have. Once they had football fields of cars and now have 20-30 new cars on the lot. Ford dealers aren't much better from what I've seen.

Photo Jan 14, 4 27 54 PM.jpg

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Agreed. That, plus Tesla is an outlier.

The pandemic has put some tarnish to the dealers model, but I’d expect that to change once it’s over and the supply chain gets righted.
My son ordered a Tesla and picked it up last month after a 6 week wait.........Im on 9 months and still waiting for my Mach e AND it will be a 2021 in the 2022 model year !

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
My son ordered a Tesla and picked it up last month after a 6 week wait.........Im on 9 months and still waiting for my Mach e AND it will be a 2021 in the 2022 model year !
2021 in 22 for me too. Tomorrow I take delivery, 39 weeks, 1 day after ordering.
Sponsored