Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Never trust a finance guy at all. They might be honest, but they also might be like the jerk I ran into once who did a "hard-add" to my invoice. That's where they add a non-itemized value into a total and hope you don't do the math to catch it (this is illegal!). I did the math and discovered a "missing" $800 that was in the total that came from nothing in the itemized list. Low and behold the guys jaw dropped and he looked like a deer in headlights when I caught him and told him I was refusing the transaction because of his actions...
Sponsored

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I guess I got lucky. I got mine from Galpin Ford and the finance guy just mentioned the extras once. I politely declined and he did not speak of them again. Did not even try to sell for a lower amount or a small monthly payment. Good service over there. They also didn't have those crazy $5k to $10k markup on canceled Mach-E's.

OP
OP

norcalmach-e

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e California Route 1
Country flag
I don't think this is the Ford warranty. My mistake for calling it that. I was tricked into a MPP (mechanical protection plan)They offered the Ford warranty for $5000 at the beginning of the loan review with the salesperson. This MPP was only offered by the finance manager. I just looked & it covers failures up to 4 years 48k miles. I feel so lame.

Last edited:
OP
OP

norcalmach-e

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So coincidently, I received an email for a survey on my purchase from the dealer. I gave the fiancé manager bad marks and Dealership Manager called me within 2 minutes. I explained what happened and he said he would talk to the finance manager. He asked if I wanted to cancel the service contract & I said Yes. He said its done.
He also said, that I would not have to pay any more than what I pay per month at the end of the Ford Options, but I can still cancel no problem. Still the principal.
Worked out in the end.

Reactions: ARK

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Don’t worry they can take it out. I told my dealer I did not want any extras on mine. They still added the maintenance plan and gap insurance (I paid $20k down, so not needed. Still they wanted to tell it was mandatory. After a few questioning they removed it. I had to wait an extra hour because they had to call Ford Finance to redo the paperwork.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Ford should cut off the dealerships and switch to direct sales. It's a very competitive business, they can't allow dealerships screw their reputation and adversely affect their market position. It's an internet age, everything can be done electronically, there is zero usefulness in having an intermediary.
I wish! The problem is that in many states it is illegal for a manufacturer to sell cars directly to the public. The laws are written by state dealer associations to "protect" consumers from unscrupulous car manufacturers. ? From what I understand it, Ford's new approach is to try to develop a "direct relationship" with customers but sell through dealers to ensure compliance with the laws in every state. The Mach E is the first vehicle to use this approach (buy online, but select a dealer, and have Ford communicate directly through the owner portal and FordPass app, along with engineers and other Ford employees reaching out directly to consumers and bypassing dealerships).

rogerq23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
So coincidently, I received an email for a survey on my purchase from the dealer. I gave the fiancé manager bad marks and Dealership Manager called me within 2 minutes. I explained what happened and he said he would talk to the finance manager. He asked if I wanted to cancel the service contract & I said Yes. He said it's done.
He also said, that I would not have to pay any more than what I pay per month at the end of the Ford Options, but I can still cancel no problem. Still the principal.
Worked out in the end.
I have the same survey! Should I cancel mine? I wonder if they will care about my complain.
Now that it is a done deal. Although its $9 bucks more per month.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you on top of your monthly payment? ?

OP
OP

norcalmach-e

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
$5 extra. I just saw that the service contract was for $1500. The dealership manager said that my residual buyout doesn’t change, but I canceled anyways out of principal

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
I have the same survey! Should I cancel mine? I wonder if they will care about my complain.
Now that it is a done deal. Although its $9 bucks more per month.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you on top of your monthly payment? ?
Give your honest feedback, otherwise they will keep abusing customers. I think Ford does care what those dealerships are doing. You'll get a call/email from Luke, he will tell you some BS but I'm sure he will be willing to refund the junk they sold you.