First 24 Hours Impressions

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Ok I've just joined the club with a stripped Shadow Black base select. Now, many would ask, why would you buy that? Answer: 5K state rebate vs. 2K state rebate.

So this will be helpful for anyone looking to get into the cheapest Mach E experience you can. I will say -- I'm thrilled.

Appearance:
  • ??HOT?? -- I don't think any trim of this car is "ugly" by any stretch. And I am pleasantly surprised by the base select wheels. The car is amazing looking, with one of the best front ends I've seen on any vehicle.

• Speaking of which, I LOVE the super stretched out front end and seeing the lines from behind the wheel. I actually have a real car and don't feel like I'm driving on top of the road. It's fantastic.

• For those wanting to overlook black -- despite it not being as dramatic with the handlebar front and the "coupe" look, the Ford engineers really did a great job disguising it's SUV proportions and you won't find that black looks chunky at all. I was against black--until I saw it.
Driveability:
  • I'll have more to add here later with more time, but I was VERY concerned about the braking with so many of the reviews I saw. Honestly -- it's fine. The car is so configurable that you just have to find the mode you like.

• One Pedal Drive -- I'm still learning this, but I am leaning Whisper + Low as the best experience. Enabling 1-pedal driving seems to bring up that complaint about the "low speed" regen/friction transition. Strangely, LOW doesn't have this same problem even though I can't get the car to a complete stop.

• Unbridled! I do like it. Not as smooth. Seems to weight the steering more? Or is that just my imagination? Trying to figure that out, but I swear it is more weighted steering which I completely appreciate. Even if it's just my imagination, let me dream a little...

• BUT...WHISPER! What a sleeper fav this is becoming. It is a SERENE, SMOOTH drive--yet the beast lurks just beneath if you need to move. Overall, so much needed when out on the road. Quickly becoming my go-to mode.

• Adaptive Cruise -- still a work in progress for me. So far, I'm not keen on it but I need to play with it some more and the distances with the cars. I'm just not confident enough yet to let a car get in front of me with faith it will slow down yet.
Fit/Finish
  • I've got little to complain about here -- nothing is misaligned, there are no rattles, it is very, very well put together.

• There are a few driveline "clunks" from the RWD system and the brakes. I had a RWD cadillac with more clunks than this. Overall, not too bad and I think it will loosen up over time.
Anyway, those are first impressions so far--I'll get in to the tech later after I've had some more experience with it, but the screen is VERY responsive whereas I had seen reviews complaining about lags. Maybe that's all been fixed, but it's silky smooth.
Sponsored

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ok I've just joined the club with a stripped Shadow Black base select. Now, many would ask, why would you buy that? Answer: 5K state rebate vs. 2K state rebate.

So this will be helpful for anyone looking to get into the cheapest Mach E experience you can. I will say -- I'm thrilled.

Appearance:
  • ??HOT?? -- I don't think any trim of this car is "ugly" by any stretch. And I am pleasantly surprised by the base select wheels. The car is amazing looking, with one of the best front ends I've seen on any vehicle.

• Speaking of which, I LOVE the super stretched out front end and seeing the lines from behind the wheel. I actually have a real car and don't feel like I'm driving on top of the road. It's fantastic.

• For those wanting to overlook black -- despite it not being as dramatic with the handlebar front and the "coupe" look, the Ford engineers really did a great job disguising it's SUV proportions and you won't find that black looks chunky at all. I was against black--until I saw it.
Driveability:
  • I'll have more to add here later with more time, but I was VERY concerned about the braking with so many of the reviews I saw. Honestly -- it's fine. The car is so configurable that you just have to find the mode you like.

• One Pedal Drive -- I'm still learning this, but I am leaning Whisper + Low as the best experience. Enabling 1-pedal driving seems to bring up that complaint about the "low speed" regen/friction transition. Strangely, LOW doesn't have this same problem even though I can't get the car to a complete stop.

• Unbridled! I do like it. Not as smooth. Seems to weight the steering more? Or is that just my imagination? Trying to figure that out, but I swear it is more weighted steering which I completely appreciate. Even if it's just my imagination, let me dream a little...

• BUT...WHISPER! What a sleeper fav this is becoming. It is a SERENE, SMOOTH drive--yet the beast lurks just beneath if you need to move. Overall, so much needed when out on the road. Quickly becoming my go-to mode.

• Adaptive Cruise -- still a work in progress for me. So far, I'm not keen on it but I need to play with it some more and the distances with the cars. I'm just not confident enough yet to let a car get in front of me with faith it will slow down yet.
Fit/Finish
  • I've got little to complain about here -- nothing is misaligned, there are no rattles, it is very, very well put together.

• There are a few driveline "clunks" from the RWD system and the brakes. I had a RWD cadillac with more clunks than this. Overall, not too bad and I think it will loosen up over time.
Anyway, those are first impressions so far--I'll get in to the tech later after I've had some more experience with it, but the screen is VERY responsive whereas I had seen reviews complaining about lags. Maybe that's all been fixed, but it's silky smooth.
Good luck from another New Jersey guy with a Select, RWD SR and loving it.....the only thing I got extra was com/appear pkg just for the heated seats......all the other extra stuff was nice but not needed by me......all I wanted was a car, do not need all the other techno stuff......and I only use fob, haha......oh, I too find whisper the mode for me.....

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
Speaking of which, I LOVE the super stretched out front end and seeing the lines from behind the wheel. I actually have a real car and don't feel like I'm driving on top of the road. It's fantastic.
when I did my test drive I was concerned that the length of the hood would be a problem with parking etc, but I was pleased it wasn't an issue for me :)

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
when I did my test drive I was concerned that the length of the hood would be a problem with parking etc, but I was pleased it wasn't an issue for me :)

The parking sensors are a big help also

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Congrats! We just put our order in for a Select RWD a few weeks ago, so the long wait just started.... :(
Will be looking forward to your real world range and other driving impressions, enjoy!

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First "fast" charging experience. After getting it integrated with FordPass and then waiting, waiting, waiting for the free 250 kWh to show up, I made it over to an Electrify America station.

First one dead.

Second one--not dead. But still didn't work.

Third one? Well, that did it.

Was pleased with the speed, about 117-123 kW.

After 10 minutes, it said -- "grace period ended" and told me to move "as a courtesy" to other drivers. Huh? I was totally by myself.

Funny--I've got to go look into that now--guessing we can only use the free kWh for 10 minutes per charger.

But in that time, I did get 20% battery. Still not bad.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First 24 Hours Impressions IMG_8677

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
First "fast" charging experience. After getting it integrated with FordPass and then waiting, waiting, waiting for the free 250 kWh to show up, I made it over to an Electrify America station.

First one dead.

Second one--not dead. But still didn't work.

Third one? Well, that did it.

Was pleased with the speed, about 117-123 kW.

After 10 minutes, it said -- "grace period ended" and told me to move "as a courtesy" to other drivers. Huh? I was totally by myself.

Funny--I've got to go look into that now--guessing we can only use the free kWh for 10 minutes per charger.

But in that time, I did get 20% battery. Still not bad.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First 24 Hours Impressions IMG_8677
Sounds like you hit a bank of bad chargers. Probably would have been worth calling the number on the front of them to get them reset or put into out-of-service mode.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Finally got P & C activated last night, only took 10 days! On the App do you see anything under the Plug and Charge switch? It is just blank on my Wifeā€™s I phone!

OP
OP
MachEnation

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally got P & C activated last night, only took 10 days! On the App do you see anything under the Plug and Charge switch? It is just blank on my Wifeā€™s I phone!
i just enabled it, but apparently it only works at EA and ā€œgreenlotsā€ stations. Iā€™ll let you know if it works.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
i just enabled it, but apparently it only works at EA and ā€œgreenlotsā€ stations. Iā€™ll let you know if it works.
My first attempt with Plug and Charge at an EA station did NOT work as advertised! I had to activate the charger from Fordpass before charging could begin. However it did use 40 kw out of my 250 kw allotment. Charged car up to 80% while having dinner at Arbyā€™s.
Sponsored