First Impression: Was prepared not to like it...

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
Went to the Twin Cities Auto Show today to get my first impression look at Mach-E. While I still want to see the real deal in Rapid Red, they had an Escape in that hue immediately adjacent... Still want to kick the tires, open the frunk, take it for a test drive, etc, but I am throughly impressed and looking forward to the next inspection!

I am a First Edition reservation holder and admittedly, always been a GM guy, it's a lot of money... Genuinely unimpressed with new car hype - was prepared to not care for it.

As a filmmaker/photographer, rarely do vehicles measure up in-person when compared to photographs. Mach-E does not disappoint, the vehicle has significantly more pleasing aesthetics in-person than it does in photographs!

The only negative, and it is a serious negative: the roof rails do not appear to be able to accommodate an eventual roof rack. If you are listening, some of us own a canoe. Foam pads and sand on glass is never a good thing. Though, side windows are clearly marked that this is a pre-production model. Nevertheless...

Congratulations Ford!

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Impression:  Was prepared not to like it... Mach-e
Sponsored

Last edited:

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Good to hear, glad the impression is a positive one. The more picts I see, it seems like Star White is a great combination to the Premium's glossy black trim. All other colors (besides black) looks kind of off. Including the one I have initially orders, Infinite Blue.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. And that's nice praise coming from a GM guy and someone with an aesthetic eye!

About roof rack, even if there's no factory option you can always use seasucker rack to carry your canoe, bike, skis, snowboard, etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Impression:  Was prepared not to like it... Tesla-Model-S-SeaSucker-Monkey-Bars-1

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Thule and other 3rd party companies make a holder that fits between the door frame and roof frame. A cross bar is then added to make yourself a roof rack.

OP
OP

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. And that's nice praise coming from a GM guy and someone with an aesthetic eye!

About roof rack, even if there's no factory option you can always use seasucker rack to carry your canoe, bike, skis, snowboard, etc.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Impression:  Was prepared not to like it... Tesla-Model-S-SeaSucker-Monkey-Bars-1

Thanks!!!

OP
OP

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Country flag
Agreed, a 16’ canoe, weather dynamics and/or aberrant traffic air disturbances (passing semi-trucks) can produce significant torque.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I still want a hitch mount.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Ran a roof mounted Thule cargo box (with Thule door frame mounts and cross bar) on my CMax Energi for nearly 1000 miles without any issues. Not sure why the Mustang would have an issue when the same setup came be used.
Sponsored