Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
This is cool and all but it's kind of a bummer when Ford says it out to all these bloggers and then the everyone else has to wait they probably didn't even have to sign up for it it probably just showed up
It was definitely a coordinated thing to get the adapter to people like us. It does come with strings attached - we have to return the adapter since this is pre-production and there is an expectation that will give Ford feedback and help them test. In the video, we had trouble with the EA P&C working and we gave them immediate feedback about that. There is now a fix and they asked if we could test that out so we did. It works and we let them know as well.

We also felt a bit of an obligation to try to make videos to show the adapter and the overall experience. I don't want to complain because we really enjoy this but it is a lot of work, too. We had to take last Thursday off from work and drive 100 miles each way to get the adapter. 100 miles isn't much but it is about 3+ hours in LA traffic. Saturday we drove about 500 miles and it took 14 hours with the additional steps necessary to film the video. On Sunday, we were both editing for about 12 hours straight.

It's been crazy busy but the Ford EV community has been nice -- and so has the Tesla community for the most part. We're still working on new videos and trying to test out different things to help Ford out and to answer questions people have been posting.

This weekend we're hoping to do some charging tests which take quite a bit of time not to mention the costs of charging vs our free charging at home. If anyone has any questions or things we should test, just let us know. We'll do our best to get them answered.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It was definitely a coordinated thing to get the adapter to people like us. It does come with strings attached - we have to return the adapter since this is pre-production and there is an expectation that will give Ford feedback and help them test. In the video, we had trouble with the EA P&C working and we gave them immediate feedback about that. There is now a fix and they asked if we could test that out so we did. It works and we let them know as well.

We also felt a bit of an obligation to try to make videos to show the adapter and the overall experience. I don't want to complain because we really enjoy this but it is a lot of work, too. We had to take last Thursday off from work and drive 100 miles each way to get the adapter. 100 miles isn't much but it is about 3+ hours in LA traffic. Saturday we drove about 500 miles and it took 14 hours with the additional steps necessary to film the video. On Sunday, we were both editing for about 12 hours straight.

It's been crazy busy but the Ford EV community has been nice -- and so has the Tesla community for the most part. We're still working on new videos and trying to test out different things to help Ford out and to answer questions people have been posting.

This weekend we're hoping to do some charging tests which take quite a bit of time not to mention the costs of charging vs our free charging at home. If anyone has any questions or things we should test, just let us know. We'll do our best to get them answered.
Patrick and Liv: you guys are fantastic for promoting Ford and EVs in general, and I'm grateful for all the content you share. Most people have no idea how much work postprocessing is; when I did wedding photography I probably spent 2 hours culling/editing/laying out an album for every hour of shooting.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Patrick and Liv: you guys are fantastic for promoting Ford and EVs in general, and I'm grateful for all the content you share. Most people have no idea how much work postprocessing is; when I did wedding photography I probably spent 2 hours culling/editing/laying out an album for every hour of shooting.
Thanks! It really has turned into something we never expected and we're having so much fun along the way. And even the working part is pretty good - our driving on Saturday was lots of fun and we ended meeting a friend that lives in Palm Desert for dinner. And the editing day was really us sitting on the couch with our laptops. Not too bad.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
@Mach-E VLOG , your channel is one of maybe six that I'm subscribed to, and it's the only EV channel. It's fantastic. Thanks for doing the testing to help make this a better product.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@Mach-E VLOG , your channel is one of maybe six that I'm subscribed to, and it's the only EV channel. It's fantastic. Thanks for doing the testing to help make this a better product.
And they have to deal with stuff like this...

😂

DanoiZ

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you are speaking of the lower console tray, I keep something else there. The door makes more sense.
How often are you charging? Throw it in the boot or the frunk. Done.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Scraping the front splitter on the curb trying to pull up far enough could be an issue. I was worried about that when I was using some Magic Dock sites. Sometimes there are obstacles sticking up like that electrical junction box you had to stop for. If you don't have a front camera you should probably get out and look carefully for raised obstacles first before pulling all the in.

Another tip is try to pull up so the side of the car is lined up with the side of the Supercharger pedestal. The cable will be in a better position to reach, and you can drive your nose "past" the Supercharger on the right.

Also some of those cables were tighter than I'd be comfortable with (I would have moved closer). We don't want to damage the cables by pulling them tightly. So don't force anything to reach.

The first time you use a Supercharger you'll probably have to get out to look how far to pull up about three times. It will take some practice to know how far to park. Basically you have to go past where the sensors are beeping constantly.
You might find these ramps of interest : https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ers-in-u-s-canada-🙌.34026/page-57#post-765122

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How often are you charging? Throw it in the boot or the frunk. Done.
When on the road, every 3 hours or so. I think I like the door on road trips.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Why not use that huge storage space under the cupholder? It should be heavy enough to not keep rattling around.
Looks like I finally have a use for my Frunk.......................
Sponsored