First OTA update coming soon for Mach-E

EVBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
By EVs, you means Tesla’s... let’s not pretend otherwise, guys. A cursory glance at your YouTube channel says as much. But how else you gonna jack that stonk price, Bro... amirite??
0 investment in Tesla. We call it how we see it. Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong.
Sponsored

EVBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag

EVBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I agree with your mission. I may have been overly harsh. Sorry. Waiting for 14 months for a new vehicle has been tough. ;) Still though... Keep at it with Jim Farley and Mary Barra, etc. Ask them tougher questions though. :)

I subscribe to your podcast btw. Generally very good! I like the content and the give and take between the two of you, even though it's admittedly slanted towards Tesla much of the time.

Please amp your decibels a little. The episodes are significantly quieter than all of my other podcast subscriptions.

I wonder if you two could get some guest co-hosting time with the crew from Inside EVs, or vice versa?
Thanks for the follow we will adjust our audio for our next recordings.

We’re open to any guests and have a few lined up already. Once our schedule opens up we’ll reach out.

If any Mach-E reservation holders/owners would like to discuss anything EV related on our podcast feel free to DM us.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The frunk will now double as an Instant Pot so we can pressure cook chicken on the way to the frunk-gate party. :p

(More realistic guess... they are re-enabling the dash and the app to electrically pop the frunk.)

The two OTA updates we basically already expecting is (1) electrically popping the frunk, and (2) self-driving. But (1) was predicted to be delivered early in 2021 and (2) was predicted to be delivered late in 2021.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
This thread made it like 3 posts without derailing off topic. Would be nice for just a little moderation here sometimes
Every single thread on this forum weaves off topic as the norm. Might as well just have one huge open discussion thread at this point.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
This thread made it like 3 posts without derailing off topic. Would be nice for just a little moderation here sometimes
Every single thread on this forum weaves off topic as the norm. Might as well just have one huge open discussion thread at this point.
You guys should start a thread about it.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
Let’s hope that the buzz Tesla creates with each software update will be something that Ford has noticed. Each Tesla update has tons of YouTube videoed about it. That is great free publicity.
In my ideal, I would like a dedicated blog for updates. Something that I add to my RSS reader and link directly. If that site existed, I'll be OK if the in-car UI didn't go into details. "Go online to _ to find out more." would be sufficient. Bonus if a QR code showed up for a direct link.

Every update, no matter how minor, would be a new post with details at or greater than what's displayed in-car. Forbid the phrase "Bug fixes and performance improvements", go in a little more detail on what's been changed. When an update is a "tock" with substantial features, attach a marketing video of the new features, including the full text of updates in the body of the post. For the "ticks" with minor updates, no video is needed but go into detail.

That's how you can maintain marketing bumps for every update. A number of outlets will cover your updates no matter how minor with a simple blog post.

As an example, Bootstrap does a great job.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
In my ideal, I would like a dedicated blog for updates. Something that I add to my RSS reader and link directly. If that site existed, I'll be OK if the in-car UI didn't go into details. "Go online to _ to find out more." would be sufficient. Bonus if a QR code showed up for a direct link.

Every update, no matter how minor, would be a new post with details at or greater than what's displayed in-car. Forbid the phrase "Bug fixes and performance improvements", go in a little more detail on what's been changed. When an update is a "tock" with substantial features, attach a marketing video of the new features, including the full text of updates in the body of the post. For the "ticks" with minor updates, no video is needed but go into detail.

That's how you can maintain marketing bumps for every update. A number of outlets will cover your updates no matter how minor with a simple blog post.

As an example, Bootstrap does a great job.
If Ford doesn't do that, the community can fill in the gaps. It would be very surprising if they didn't have release notes or something. They just might not put it in a pretty format. But we could do that here or on my site or somewhere. And you can be sure I will try to document changes with my own YouTube videos.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
If Ford doesn't do that, the community can fill in the gaps.
It's true, but I'd rather see an ecosystem around updates rather than the peck-n-find approach.

With an official changelog, you (the content creator) can focus on creating the post/video/images/etc of what is changed and how it affects the experience of the vehicle. Not trying to suss out what was changed and then trying to scramble to what content is made about it.

Someone at Ford will need to collect, collate, and write the changelog site. But the return is making a communication moments built into the existing development process. Not every post will have a fancy video, but content creators like yourself will make a creative for each update. [Almost] free marketing built into the development process. This is what tech (video games, B2B software, operating systems…) does all the time. It's a well known ecosystem.

I wish I could find the right folks at Ford to say "do this well established thing and you're meeting Tesla where they are. Do it well, and you surpass everyone."

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
It's true, but I'd rather see an ecosystem around updates rather than the peck-n-find approach.

With an official changelog, you (the content creator) can focus on creating the post/video/images/etc of what is changed and how it affects the experience of the vehicle. Not trying to suss out what was changed and then trying to scramble to what content is made about it.

Someone at Ford will need to collect, collate, and write the changelog site. But the return is making a communication moments built into the existing development process. Not every post will have a fancy video, but content creators like yourself will make a creative for each update. [Almost] free marketing built into the development process. This is what tech (video games, B2B software, operating systems…) does all the time. It's a well known ecosystem.

I wish I could find the right folks at Ford to say "do this well established thing and you're meeting Tesla where they are. Do it well, and you surpass everyone."
Are you on twitter? There are some Ford EV people on there like Emma Berg.

And if Ford is lacking we can point it out on here, Twitter, YouTube.