Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It’s got to be right, Any lower and it’d
be over the shutters. But I can’t say I’m thrilled about it.
Agreed, but why not space the shutters farther apart so the plates can fit lower/between them?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Take a close look at that car, specifically the front door handle--it looks different from the ones on the hand-built prototypes.

To me it looks like it bends upwards? (I went through the facebook page and didn't find anything that was close enough to post)

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
The front license plate holder doesn't look right on the car. I hope they ship without it installed so we can attach below the grill.
The state where I am doesn't require front plates, so hopefully that does not come assembled to the vehicle. Below the grill would be too low if ever drive on something not completely flat, as you wouldn't want to cover the intake vents for the battery. Would not be good either, but for locations that require a front plate, covering up the mustang (maybe moving it to a side) would be better. As it is, it looks rather tacked on after thought that the original designers didn't plan for...

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah I remember reading the first production model was going to roll off the line at June. Plus I feel like if there were production models out there, they would show up at the auto shows and allow people to sit in them (or test drive).
Tesla moved their production of the Y up early... Maybe Ford is doing so too. (ok, probably not, just wishful thinking)..

There has to be some vehicles built first before they can show up at auto shows, so maybe these will be for auto shows... would be nice if Ford didn't miss any more shows, and were able to get some dealer test drive units built as the original schedules it looks like FE orders wouldn't get a test drive before ordering,

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Porque no los dos?

Could be a first example prototype off the production line. Every previous unit we've seen at autoshows and dealer events, the Ford staff has emphasized they're handbuilt prototypes and not to get too worked up about the interiors, fit & finish.

I'm really keen to know what the production interior looks like and if there are any changes.
That was exactly my thought too. That this is the first one from the actual plant (as opposed to the initial hand-builts). The next phase in the evolution. They'll probably make a batch of these for testing and refining before working out the final adjustments for the end products that will start to roll off the assembly line this summer.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
The state where I am doesn't require front plates, so hopefully that does not come assembled to the vehicle. Below the grill would be too low if ever drive on something not completely flat, as you wouldn't want to cover the intake vents for the battery. Would not be good either, but for locations that require a front plate, covering up the mustang (maybe moving it to a side) would be better. As it is, it looks rather tacked on after thought that the original designers didn't plan for...
My 2018 Wrangler came without bracket on it. They wanted to fasten it
to the front but I said do not.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To me it looks like it bends upwards?
It doesn't look like that to me, other than the shot from the front with the door open and I think that is a trick of perspective. In all the other shots it looks like it parallels the black accent along the window

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
From Facebook

13 Feb. “Right now at the plant we are about to begin the prototype phase, the manufacturing plant has already been tooling, ”said Marcos Pérez, director of product development for Ford Mexico.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Once more from Facebook

The photo's posted by Mark Eakin are indeed from the first Mustangs made on the assembly line (not hand-made). This can be seen by modifications to the frunk when compared to the hand made prototypes. And the handles to open the front doors have been changed (I already saw this announcement in some interview). First it was a bit like a "finger" sticking out (vulnerable?), now it is more like a wing that has to be grabbed from the top.

Sorry for the bad quality of the photo's, the originals weren't high resolution.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Once more from Facebook

And the handles to open the front doors have been changed (I already saw this announcement in some interview). First it was a bit like a "finger" sticking out (vulnerable?), now it is more like a wing that has to be grabbed from the top.
Are the front door handles better or worse looking?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are the front door handles better or worse looking?
We've been discussing it over in the "Handles" thread. Unfortunately the resolution of the pics is not good enough to get a really good zoom-in of them, but off-hand I think I like them better than the sideways "bent finger". Looks like the newer one is more like the edge of a cupped hand, or the tail of a "J", in sort of a triangle shape. Although it is really hard see.

1xiqcrk9xxtv9autddy3rc-_nc_ht-scontent-fapa1-1-jpg.jpg

first-production-mach-e-mustang-2-jpg.jpg

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m not convinced that the handles are different. The zoomed in photos just appear to have shadows or reflections.
The one from behind the vehicle is the one that seems to be the most definitive. Looks like a thin structure that comes out then turns up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Production Mach-E Model? [Update: This Is First Assembly Line Made Pre-Production Unit] Handle

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
It looks to me like there is part of the mirror in the reflection that is vertical. This looks more like a wing that has to be grabbed from the top as described above. This is from third picture in #13.

Ford Mustang Mach-E First Production Mach-E Model? [Update: This Is First Assembly Line Made Pre-Production Unit] handle.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: