DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I would think you'd have to have MILES of downhill coasting/regen braking to generate any significant amount of power at all. Otherwise it's gonna use more power getting up to speed before you could even start regen.
With a fully charged battery you may not have regen from the get-go. If I charge to 100% I don't have regen for the first few miles.

Regen is maybe 70% efficient. More noticeable on hills than when braking. A significant drop will return significant energy to the battery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had a friend who lived in Nederland and worked in Boulder. He would have managed lots of regeneration for miles after leaving his house.
Driven that Boulder Canyon road a lot. It certainly takes some braking in spots, and a fair amount of coasting where you're running at net-zero (neither gas nor braking). But overall, I still have to spend more time giving it gas than slowing via brake and/or lower gear.

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
I agree the Ford is derelict in not providing more install detail and that all the marketing material I've seen has shown back-side wiring. However, this does not prove it "has to be mounted" that way, and even the sharpest dealer on earth could also be assuming facts not in evidence. Logically, Ford shouldn't limit the FCCS installation options like this, as they'd only lose customers like you and me. More likely it's a communications issue right now. Bottom line, Joe, is we're just gonna hafta wait a little while longer to know 4 sure.
Update: Just noticed this from across the pond....
  • Provides flexible wiring options (rear or bottom input)
Ford Connected Wallbox voor driefase elektrische systemen - Ford Accessoires online catalogus (ford-accessoires.nl)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Considering the integration and well looking at the options I decided to give the Ford charger a try.

Signed up on Parts.Ford.com and ordered my charger. One thing is you get a discount on your first order and you do not pay MSRP. Odd...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford 48amp Charger vs other makes? charger

Now I have a few months to install the thing.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
One thing is you get a discount on your first order and you do not pay MSRP. Odd...
The prices on the parts site are dictated by the dealer that you select. Some charge MSRP, some are below, and some are above. The site will let you order from any dealer in your state that chooses to participate. But not all dealers will ship, and if the item needs to be returned, you may have to do it at the dealer, so it's best not to choose one that's too far away.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Considering the integration and well looking at the options I decided to give the Ford charger a try.

Signed up on Parts.Ford.com and ordered my charger. One thing is you get a discount on your first order and you do not pay MSRP. Odd...

Correction: now you have a few months to wait to RECEIVE the thing! ??

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Please scan and post the installation instructions when you get them!

I would like to see what the current/amperage limiting options are, and also the operating temperature limits.