Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Can someone ask about a hitch?
Too late, they are done. The Battery upgrade question was not really answered for what I think they were asking. Can you later get the entire battery replaced with a higher capacity one. Looking at other MFG I am going to say not from Ford.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That was fast paced! Really cool, and glad they answered a lot of questions in just a few minutes. And yeah, I understand they are marketing-style answers, but still, very impressed.

Some of the behind the scenes folks are probably now telling Lisa that battery capacity is measured in kilowatt hours, not kilowatts.

They didn't mention the "gift packs" for early registered attendees. If any of you signed up for that and receive them in the mail, please share a photo of the stickers or whatever.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Yeah, unfortunately I do not think she understands what people are asking. Like upgrading the battery - of course you cannot add more cells into your battery, who would doubt? But about unmounting your current battery and replacing with the new, bigger range one? If I remember they were talking about battery being replaceable? Or did I get it wrong.

Also, the question about timing between build date and delivery - somehow she redirected it to an applying Tax Credit question :( I do not think I like her...

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Too late, they are done. The Battery upgrade question was not really answered for what I think they were asking. Can you later get the entire battery replaced with a higher capacity one. Looking at other MFG I am going to say not from Ford.
I think it mostly depends on the dealer... My company was able to buy a new Nissan Leaf pack direct from Nissan and the price was not too bad. They would only sell it if they could put in the car.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Yeah, a bit of political marketing answers.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Auto Nights: A SEMA Show Special Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 12.29.14 PM

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I heard her a clear no in her presentation. Looking at pictures from the plant I'm not surprised. It doesn't look like the battery pack drops out for swap as easily as it does on other EV's.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
They didn't mention the "gift packs" for early registered attendees. If any of you signed up for that and receive them in the mail, please share a photo of the stickers or whatever.
Last night they said you would have to be one of the first registered, and attend. I did both. But I did not get anything about that. Will let you know if I do.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Last night they said you would have to be one of the first registered, and attend. I did both. But I did not get anything about that. Will let you know if I do.
In the email that came about 30 minutes prior to the event start, several of the links were broken (they weren't actually linked)... But the sweepstakes entry link DID work.

Now given that only about 130 people attended, and fewer than 130 had probably met the sweepstakes qualifications (a Mach-E reservationist who was logged in to Ford Horizons and had pre-registered for this video), this means the odds of winning are higher.

So now that I am reading the PDF of the rules... I'm starting to get somewhat hopeful as there is a maybe 1 in 100 or so chance I could WIN the Connected Charge Station that I was planning to "buy" with FPR points anyway. That would be most awesome. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Auto Nights: A SEMA Show Special 1605894408099
Sponsored