TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Over 40 million F-150s -- and it's going electric soon!
I know this is being nitpicky, but I'd say it's adding some electric versions (hybrid and BEV). Most will still remain ICE for some time. But I do think the hybrid verson (Powerboost) could be a big seller.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I know this is being nitpicky, but I'd say it's adding some electric versions (hybrid and BEV). Most will still remain ICE for some time. But I do think the hybrid verson (Powerboost) could be a big seller.
Agreed. I should have said
Over 40 million F-150s -- Hybrid now available and BEV coming soon (maybe PHEV?).

It would be great if they just switched over the F-150 to all BEVs but that's not happening anytime soon!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be great if they just switched over the F-150 to all BEVs but that's not happening anytime soon!
Yeah, no way they're doing that, maybe ever (unless batteries improve like 3 orders of magnitude or something). But I could see the hybrid eventually surpassing the ICE by the end of the decade.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You could be right. I am waiting on my quote for 4 trucks with Powerboost. Not because it's hybrid but because it means I don't have to buy and carry a generator in the bed for my work crews. One less thing to fuel and maintain or get stolen is a good thing for our fleet needs.

Ford held an event here in town last week and the entire thing was powered by trucks with Powerboost. Tents, huge fans, cement mixers, blenders, coffee makers, laptops etc. They are very capable machines. Way different than having an inverter on board. Extremely impressive.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You could be right. I am waiting on my quote for 4 trucks with Powerboost. Not because it's hybrid but because it means I don't have to buy and carry a generator in the bed for my work crews. One less thing to fuel and maintain or get stolen is a good thing for our fleet needs.

Ford held an event here in town last week and the entire thing was powered by trucks with Powerboost. Tents, huge fans, cement mixers, blenders, coffee makers, laptops etc. They are very capable machines. Way different than having an inverter on board. Extremely impressive.
Exactly. I think it's a huge deal. Having that much onboard electric power for construction equipment and other uses opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Not only is it super convenient, it doesn't take up valuable space in the truck bed. It's also way quieter than a generator.

And when not needing to preserve the power for all those uses, it can be used to power the vehicle home too.

I think it's a real game-changer.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Exactly. I think it's a huge deal. Having that much onboard electric power for construction equipment and other uses opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Not only is it super convenient, it doesn't take up valuable space in the truck bed. It's also way quieter than a generator.

And when not needing to preserve the power for all those uses, it can be used to power the vehicle home too.

I think it's a real game-changer.
I'm hoping in the future Ford sells that powertrain in the F-53 or E-Series chassis. It would be huge for RV'ers not to have a generator on board.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm hoping in the future Ford sells that powertrain in the F-53 or E-Series chassis. It would be huge for RV'ers not to have a generator on board.
Even if they don't, it's already a boon to those who pull RV trailers.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Or 2043. Or 2072. Or 2107. It's all wild-ass guesses/wishes beyond the next 5-10 years.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
that sucks. And it definitely is a dual-edged sword for Ford (a poet and I didn't know it) - good because it's being dealt with, bad because it happened at all, especially on such a high profile vehicle. It's very much the kind of thing that people remember for a long time, especially since you know anti-EV folks will keep bringing it up again and again. It's also the kind of thing that will make people question the Mach-E.
Sponsored