Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
CT does something similar-$500 rebate for an approved charger, $500 for installation, plus an extra $100 if you enroll in their demand response program, which then pays out another $100 or $200/year if you don't opt out of too many demand events.

I ordered the SemaConnect home charger, in part because it looks like the garage vac we have, but mostly because the ChargePoint and Juicebox that qualify are out of stock.
I ordered the Juicepoint then canceled and now have ordered the ChargePoint based on a comparison I saw on the 2 chargers. However, ChargePoint is so popular, it will take 3-4 weeks for delivery directly from Chargepoint and not Amazon. It was $699 directly from ChargePoint and AZ sellers are charging from $979 and up.......SMH

I am ok with the wait bc I have other cars to drive. I did have the 240 V, 6-50 Nema outlet installed by an Electrician for the ChargePoint model I purchased.
Sponsored

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I have the Ford one, it's capable but nothing special, and given the price it's hard to recommend. I really just went with it so that if there were any charging problems, I could point back at one company (Ford) and have them fix it.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Our wallbox units are less than 1 year old and we are already having issues. Like I suspected, they can't handle direct exposure to the sun. We have two units and one overheated today and would not charge until it cooled off. Plastic cover is blistering too.

And it wasn't really that hot today. Maybe 90 degrees?

My car was at the dealership for recalls so the only car needing to be charged today was my son's Fiat. The EVSE in the sun didn't work so he had to use the one in the shade. Later in the day when the sun was on the other side of the building then the one on the right cooled down and started working again. :(

20220411_153334.jpg

20220411_100149.jpg