Ford Email - Software Updates. Anyone else get this?

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I have my updates set for 01:00 but sometimes I’m on call and may have to drive emergently back to the hospital. The way I am reading this I should turn off all scheduled updates or I could be locked out if I got a call at one in the morning.
I have this issue as well which is why I have not turned on a time for updates
Sponsored

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
So help a noob out. I just got the car 10 days ago. How do I tell anything about what versions, power ups, etc.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
That is just when your map expires. You'll get another map update that extends the time for another 6 months or so.

This ensures the car always has accurate Bluecruise information, and if it doesn't, it won't engage until that is fixed.
That makes sense. Thank you.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Well now I feel left out, how come I didn’t get no email ☹
I didn't get one yet either. But if I do get one that says I will get locked out of my car for half an hour by initiating an update then I just won't ever do that.

Seems like 2 years ago I was deciding between Tesla Model Y and Ford Mach-E. When I went to the Tesla Store to test drive the Y, we couldn't because it was updating. We had to go eat lunch and then come back in 45 minutes and complete the test drive. By contrast, Ford marketing video online said each module has an A and B partition so the car could operate on B while A was being updated. Therefore, the vehicle could remain in use even while updating.

I guess that concept vanished like a fart in the wind..... :rolleyes:

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I have my updates set for 01:00 but sometimes I’m on call and may have to drive emergently back to the hospital. The way I am reading this I should turn off all scheduled updates or I could be locked out if I got a call at one in the morning.
Yes you should change the update schedule to match your call schedule.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I didn't get one yet either. But if I do get one that says I will get locked out of my car for half an hour by initiating an update then I just won't ever do that.

Seems like 2 years ago I was deciding between Tesla Model Y and Ford Mach-E. When I went to the Tesla Store to test drive the Y, we couldn't because it was updating. We had to go eat lunch and then come back in 45 minutes and complete the test drive. By contrast, Ford marketing video online said each module has an A and B partition so the car could operate on B while A was being updated. Therefore, the vehicle could remain in use even while updating.

Only about half of the modules can do the A/B swap. Others have to erase and rewrite the software.

See more info here
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ota-updates-technical-info.4923/

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

Most of the updates take place without needing to be stopped…. This is just for the ones that involve systems that you probably don’t want to be updated while driving, I don’t really see the problem

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So help a noob out. I just got the car 10 days ago. How do I tell anything about what versions, power ups, etc.
If everything is working normally then you don't have any power ups yet.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I believe any car built before June 2021 is a Job 1 car.
Is it safe to assume if my car didn't arrive at the dealer (I didn't order it, bought what was on the dealer's lot) until this January it's a J2? And if so, what are the differences between J1 and J2? Thanks in advance.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
As a datapoint, I have not received this email.
I say "at least" as from what I can tell, it's attempting to install 2.3.0 but not complete. ??‍♂

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
yes, I got it.... and took the opportunity to replay and ask:

- How will we know which updates will freeze our MME for up to 30 minutes before we start the update?
It will warn you if it needs to be parked. You should see an icon like this on the status bar of the sync screen when such an update is waiting.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Email - Software Updates. Anyone else get this? Screenshot_20220209-001536_FordPass

If you have automatic updates on AND a schedule set, it will wait for the next scheduled time to install the update. Otherwise you can push the "update now" button if you don't want to wait for the next scheduled time.

- will we get a detailed list of fixes/enhancements of what is IN the OTA to help decide whether it is worth taking the time to update?
?‍♂ In the past Ford has been REALLY bad at including detailed release notes. That being said the last two power ups have had good documentation. So let's hope that trend continues.

Otherwise check back on this forum. If there's even a whiff of a new update there will be a stampede of people posting about every detail of the update..... I suppose we are just a tad desperate for BlueCruise.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Email - Software Updates. Anyone else get this? shopping-mega-sale

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Email - Software Updates. Anyone else get this? shopping-mega-sale

If you have automatic updates on AND a schedule set, it will wait for the next scheduled time to install the update. Otherwise you can push the "update now" button if you don't want to wait for the next scheduled time.
When I have not set autmatic updates and no schedule set, it would inform that there is an update ready to install?