OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Finally got an answer to one of our pressing questions. The Frunk organizer is a US requirement for anti entrapment safety. It will be an optional accessory in Europe.

I said that was why a long time ago. Thank you for asking them and getting clear answer.
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I said that was why a long time ago. Thank you for asking them and getting clear answer.
Oh thanks. I must have missed that. I knew it was a safety thing but it is easy to miss stuff in so many of these forum threads.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Finally got an answer to one of our pressing questions. The Frunk organizer is a US requirement for anti entrapment safety. It will be an optional accessory in Europe.

I think I'm anti-anti-entrapment. Probably leaning towards taking that divider out, we'll see how much I use the frunk and need the extra un-divided space or not.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Europe Meet The Experts Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 3.19.22 PM

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Oh thanks. I must have missed that. I knew it was a safety thing but it is easy to miss stuff in so many of these forum threads.
nothing missed, you got the clear answer. Wish they would clear up the rest of the questions also.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford Europe Meet The Experts Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 3.22.03 PM

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag

so EU people can put their kids in the Frunk but US people can't? :p

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Never heard of Tesla’s coming with anything in the frunk in the US. It’s weird. There is even a lit inside frunk botton to open. Maybe if it’s over a certain size you need it in the US.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
OMG . . . now people are going to start putting in European orders to avoid those holes.
OMG HOW MANY TIMES

FAMILY FORUM

FAMILY FORUM

STOP WITH THE HOLES

oh

oh yes

okay I see

sorry

please continue

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Never heard of Tesla’s coming with anything in the frunk in the US. It’s weird. There is even a lit inside frunk botton to open. Maybe if it’s over a certain size you need it in the US.
could be an after thought from the lawyers and this was the best option instead of redesign

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm going to embrace the dividers, and nurture them in a wholesome loving environment.

When the Mrs. cons me into going to the grocery store for "just a few things" while we're out in my current mustang, it's always a choice of putting the bags in the trunk to roll around and spill their contents, or on the back seat to fall over and spill their contents. I really like the idea of the frunk divider possibly keeping the contents in the bags as I drive home like a maniac. Anything bigger than the divider compartments can go into the trunk and slide around back there as i drive like a maniac.

LandSpeed

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select IB
Country flag
I spoke with Ford rep today and she showed me an illuminated button in the frunk to open in case of entrapment. And one of the Mach Es had no divider and where the screws would have been there were custom rivets.

I believe the divider will be optional and if not can be easily removed.
(Same 3 vehicles that were in the Vermont posting).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm going to embrace the dividers, and nurture them in a wholesome loving environment.

When the Mrs. cons me into going to the grocery store for "just a few things" while we're out in my current mustang, it's always a choice of putting the bags in the trunk to roll around and spill their contents, or on the back seat to fall over and spill their contents. I really like the idea of the frunk divider possibly keeping the contents in the bags as I drive home like a maniac. Anything bigger than the divider compartments can go into the trunk and slide around back there as i drive like a maniac.
You can go grocery shopping before peeling out from Cars & Coffee and jumping up onto the curb. Frunk Dividers will save us all!
Sponsored