sherry4464

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR RWD Premium
Country flag
Went to finalize my purchase last night, intending to use Ford Options for financing. The dealer says they don't offer it. I asked about regular financing through Ford Motor Credit and they don't do that either. (I had of course asked about all of this early on and was told yeah sure we will do whatever you want). I don't suppose I could have the car transferred to another dealership? Although when I called another one they said they had done a few Ford Options but they didn't any more. Ford Customer Service is no help.

When I asked for the Smart Vincent information, they said there were no incentives or interest rate offers in effect for the car at all ever (ordered January 14 '22).

Between this and the fact that the car arrived damaged (!!!!!!!!) I am about to walk away. But then I've got no car and they'll turn around and sell it in 5 minutes.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Sounds like either an incompetent dealer or being deliberately obtuse or just someone that needs training. There obviously were at the time of order and still are incentives from Ford Credit on this car. This may be hard to believe but there are some FORD dealers who do not like to do business with FORD's own captive finance company.

If this dealer was saying that the wanted to do Ford Options but could not figure it out, that's something that can be helped. If the dealer flat out refuses to do Ford Options, they cannot be forced to.

My advise would be do escalate to the Sales Manager or the General Manager at the dealer, have them call their Ford Credit rep if they need help. The Ford Credit rep has all of the training documents and links to find the information that the dealer would need to do Ford Options.

Let the Sales and General Mangers know that you are not happy and will be filling out the Ford after sale survey with 1 star ratings and leave detailed comments too. The dealers take those Ford surveys very seriously, this may prompt some action on their part.

Link to Ford Options info on the Ford website:
https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options/

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Went to finalize my purchase last night, intending to use Ford Options for financing. The dealer says they don't offer it. I asked about regular financing through Ford Motor Credit and they don't do that either. (I had of course asked about all of this early on and was told yeah sure we will do whatever you want). I don't suppose I could have the car transferred to another dealership? Although when I called another one they said they had done a few Ford Options but they didn't any more. Ford Customer Service is no help.

When I asked for the Smart Vincent information, they said there were no incentives or interest rate offers in effect for the car at all ever (ordered January 14 '22).

Between this and the fact that the car arrived damaged (!!!!!!!!) I am about to walk away. But then I've got no car and they'll turn around and sell it in 5 minutes.

Kinda sucks since it's an EV and they are hard to come by. I'd normally just say screw that dealer and walk away but chances are you already had charger/breaker and all that already installed in prep for delivery. :(

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Since the dealer won't do options or FMC financing what exactly are they offering as an option for financing then?

OP
OP

sherry4464

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR RWD Premium
Country flag
Update... the sales manager called back and said they can do Ford's 72 month 3.9% financing. He said "they just aren't set up in Accounting" to do Ford Options. And just to verify, there *was* a $2500 incentive and 1.9 percent financing available for Ford Options in January 2022, correct? How can I force the issue there?

OP
OP

sherry4464

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR RWD Premium
Country flag
Since the dealer won't do options or FMC financing what exactly are they offering as an option for financing then?
Wells Fargo at 6.5 percent, no thank you

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Wells Fargo at 6.5 percent, no thank you
Wow, that seems really odd that the only financing they are offering is through WF. I wonder if they have some type of deal worked out through WF to try and push customers into using WF only.

IDK if the rate will be any better but do you have a local CU that you can use to try and get a better rate if your dealer remains suborn? Usually CUs offer better rates than banks like WF. Not always but often.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Update... the sales manager called back and said they can do Ford's 72 month 3.9% financing. He said "they just aren't set up in Accounting" to do Ford Options. And just to verify, there *was* a $2500 incentive and 1.9 percent financing available for Ford Options in January 2022, correct? How can I force the issue there?
"aren't set up in Accounting" is total BS. They can make 1 phone call to their DMS (dealer management system) provider that does their computer systems to get set up. Would take a day maybe two at most to download and install an update.

I see there was 1.9% x 36 months for the GTs, but that's not Ford Options so no cash incentive to combine with 1.9%. For the non-GT's the rates were 2.49% for 0-72 months. And Ford Options was also 2.49% for 36 or 48 months. (I cannot see what the Ford Options Bonus Cash amount was for TX.)

3.9% x72 is the current incentives available now, not the incentives at the time of order.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
An ford auto dealership, credit department saying they’re not set up to do ford credit options is just like Freddie Prinze used to say “ ees not my job “

Jes sayin. It is their job, but in our crazy world apparently they don’t have to do it.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Go to your local credit union and never get dealer financing on a hot car. Your rate will be much lower even with extended years...good luck.

OP
OP

sherry4464

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR RWD Premium
Country flag
Ugh - the best they will do is the current 3.9% Ford rate. They will not budge on acknowledging the 2.49% available in January. The "zone manager" says that there were no special rates available. Now... the other problem is that the car arrived damaged. The front fender is bent due to the spacers not being removed. It causes the passenger side door to not be able to open all the way. I am told this is minor and it won't affect the paint. When I asked for some consideration for this - nothing. Not an accessory, not a discount on a ceramic coating, nada. I guess I just need to get over it and accept the fact that it means nothing to them if I buy the car or not.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag

Oh my that's bad. My salesman had zero clue and said up and down there are no locked in interest or anything.

But once I got to finance the lady was like "you get the 2.5 rate from when you reserved the car" mine was Jan 20-something 2022 so you should be the same rate option.

while I got less on my trade than my desire, overall there was no shenanigans ADM and I got the lower rate and decent rate for wrap up warranty and tire and wheel road hazard.

300$ for 5 year road hazard, yes... That's one tire haha

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
"aren't set up in Accounting" is total BS. They can make 1 phone call to their DMS (dealer management system) provider that does their computer systems to get set up. Would take a day maybe two at most to download and install an update.

I see there was 1.9% x 36 months for the GTs, but that's not Ford Options so no cash incentive to combine with 1.9%. For the non-GT's the rates were 2.49% for 0-72 months. And Ford Options was also 2.49% for 36 or 48 months. (I cannot see what the Ford Options Bonus Cash amount was for TX.)

3.9% x72 is the current incentives available now, not the incentives at the time of order.
@hybrid2bev Do you see the Ford Options rates for Feb 2022, for WA?
Sponsored