machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
They charged you a waste fee for a fifth tire. That's funny. I thought lots of new cars were shipping without spares. Maybe it's just fancier cars and super high efficiency ones though.
I was waiting for someone to catch that :)

For the $1.50 I let it go, I also wondered if part of the DMV fee included the inspection sticker that EV's don't get in NJ. I think inspection fees in NJ are free, but wasn't looking to spend more time in the finance guys office. Lots of dealers unless you ask these days not to they slap the window etching of the VIN as soon as it gets in. It's such as scam and they almost male it so you can't get out of it. The demo MME already had it added, I had told them before delivery that under no circumstances should they add anything to my MME. They actually were very accommodating on everything I asked, only let down was the front plate thing installed from the factory. They apologized profusely about it and said it sucks, the are big into the Mustangs so they understood.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks for everyone's feedback.

They removed the Ford credit acquisition fee and reduced the doc fee to $100.

Now just waiting on the closer to sell me a bunch of service plans I don't want and oil changes I don't need! ???
Well, there is a free 2 year service thing for $250 that they credit for $250, however if you want something extended you can get it for less on the internet.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Thanks for everyone's feedback.

They removed the Ford credit acquisition fee and reduced the doc fee to $100.

Now just waiting on the closer to sell me a bunch of service plans I don't want and oil changes I don't need! ???
Don't forget to ask about your 50 dollar gift. Hats shirts something

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I'm sitting at the dealer trying to take delivery and they clearly have no idea what they are doing.

I'm doing X plan with Ford Options and they are trying to charge me $1,300 in additional fees.

$399 doc fee
$399 DMV fees
$500 Ford credit origination fee

I have told them that the doc fee is only supposed to be $100 under X plan.

Are the other two fees legitimate???
Just ran the NJMVC "4-Year Registration Fee Calculator" at https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/regfee/index.html. Used new, current year, suv, higher weight class.

Result: $ 311.00 for a 4 year term.

Edit: Site includes disclaimer below, so who knows.

"The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) has set up a system to help calculate the approximate registration fee. The actual fee may differ, depending upon the actual date the registration is issued, documentation submitted by the applicant, the accuracy of data entered and the MVC fee structure in effect at the time of registration."

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
This is not quite right. For X-Plan, the doc fee must be the lesser of $100 or the state's lower limit. Some states require no doc fee, or $29, etc. So $100 is just the maximum amount allowed for the dealer to be compliant with x-plan.

The administration fee of $275 is baked into the x-plan invoice price. There is no separate $275 that the customer will see. It's already incorporated into the cash price.
From NJDMV info, it appears that NJ does not require a documentary fee. They say it is a fee charged by dealers and the State does not require it.

So, does that mean the document fee in NJ should be zero for X-Plan?

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
Have a GT reserved that I’ll upgrade to performance (cost dependent), and this is the kind of crap I’m worried about.

Will be using x plan, get instant CFRP, and purchasing with Ford options plan (with any Ford credit additional incentives/discounts available for GT at that time).

Norm Reeves in Cerritos. Hopefully they’re not on the shady side.

OP
OP
Johnny

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the help!

Finally after four hours at the dealer I was able to drive away with my pony! The dealer did apologize for not knowing what they were doing. Apparently I was only the second delivery for that Dealer!

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the help!

Finally after four hours at the dealer I was able to drive away with my pony! The dealer did apologize for not knowing what they were doing. Apparently I was only the second delivery for that Dealer!
What dealer? Mine is coming to Fullerton Ford, Sommerville, NJ.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
From NJDMV info, it appears that NJ does not require a documentary fee. They say it is a fee charged by dealers and the State does not require it.

So, does that mean the document fee in NJ should be zero for X-Plan?
Good luck!

At $100 it's not worth fighting it, but let us know if someone gets it at $0

DMV fees are $399, if someone gets it lower also do tell.

NJ.gov says

6. Median doc fee: This is the typical amount you can expect to pay for a dealer documentation fee. In this case, we've provided the median amount charged per state, rather than the average, because we think it gives a truer representation of what most buyers will pay.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Good luck!

At $100 it's not worth fighting it, but let us know if someone gets it at $0

DMV fees are $399, if someone gets it lower also do tell.

NJ.gov says

6. Median doc fee: This is the typical amount you can expect to pay for a dealer documentation fee. In this case, we've provided the median amount charged per state, rather than the average, because we think it gives a truer representation of what most buyers will pay.
In the case of the registration fee, it is an estimate. The last car we bought I got a refund a few weeks later from the dealer as the actual fee was less than the estimate.
Sponsored