Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
All this talk about performance from Ford means we should expect Ford Performance Parts parts for the Mach E? Ford Performance division was involved in the car's development after all.

Offering performance parts would also give Mach E distinction of being the first EV with factory performance parts support.
Sponsored

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You'll see suspension and some aero parts, but I think people will surprised since any performance increase will be through software. Something that's a little riskier on an EV.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Lighter wheels, maybe made from carbon fiber which would reduce angular momentum.

I would not change the algorithms unless the car was only for tinkering. Otherwise you could have damaged motors and batteries.

JB.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette z51 and alfa stelvio ti sport
Country flag
Zero to sixty in under 4 seconds is very quick.

With the ev I would error on the side of caution when it comes to making the vehicle quicker as the 8 year battery warranty should be kept intact.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Zero to sixty in under 4 seconds is very quick.

With the ev I would error on the side of caution when it comes to making the vehicle quicker as the 8 year battery warranty should be kept intact.
Agreed. These are unlike ICE vehicles. Any modification you do can mess with range as well, so keep that in mind.

Throatier exhaust
I don't know if that really goes with an EV lol. Maybe more of a spacehip sound? The Taycan has an interesting sound.

Blinkingicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang GT, 2015 Taco
Country flag
You'll see suspension and some aero parts, but I think people will surprised since any performance increase will be through software. Something that's a little riskier on an EV.
Totally agree. It won't be popular with the Mustang (do we call it fastback now?) crowd but there will be those who try to make it look even more traditionally Mustang I think. The first things that come to mind are suspension and aero.

What I'm really curious about is how they evolve the Mach-E versus the S550, S650, etc - whether the design will begin to converge and share parts. I'm sure Ford Performance Parts would like to get in on the action and it's cheaper to develop if there's some commonality between them.

OP
OP
Shihear

Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
Just watched this video and it sounds like Ford has plans to offer performance upgrades since the know how much Mustang owners like to modify.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Lighter wheels, maybe made from carbon fiber which would reduce angular momentum.

I would not change the algorithms unless the car was only for tinkering. Otherwise you could have damaged motors and batteries.
?….I really doubt that any manufacturer will make carbon fiber wheels for the Mach E since a full set of 4 wheels will easily exceed $15K-$20K.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
rear spoiler and body package

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
?….I really doubt that any manufacturer will make carbon fiber wheels for the Mach E since a full set of 4 wheels will easily exceed $15K-$20K.
OK, lighter wheels then.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
High flow air intake and twin turbo.
Sponsored