Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I didn’t ever reboot sync until a few weeks ago. Now I do it daily. It’s the last update.

Carplay connecting issues and profile issues. It’s widespread.

No point in going to the dealer until there’s a “fix.” It’s all software related.

Although I’m hopeful after 3.6.2. I installed it last night and I’m up to 3 times in a row with no issues.

Sadly, 3x no issues is a recent record.
Odd. I’m running power up 3.6.1. No rebooting here.
Im not a CarPlay user but I have my phone connected via CarPlay. Haven’t had any significant issues.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Odd. I’m running power up 3.6.1. No rebooting here.
Im not a CarPlay user but I have my phone connected via CarPlay. Haven’t had any significant issues.
The biggest issue is with profiles. It defaults to guest and won’t let you change the profile without a sync reboot.

Carplay is just it connecting then disconnecting or not connecting at all. It’s also frustrating that it’s like roulette guessing what will show up in the main screen. I always click to have the radio stations as the main thing, but every time I get in……. Different defaults.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Reboot sync on every use? Seriously? I think I’ve manually rebooted Sync maybe 3 times in 22 months of ownership. I’d suggest taking your car to the dealer.
I don't have to reboot, I can just go without CarPlay, or plug in using a cord.

As for the dealership, why should I have to expend my valuable time (several hours during a very busy day) to fix a problem @Ford Motor Company created/enabled? It came via OTA, it should go away via OTA, the sooner the better.

In just about any other software release world this would not be tolerated. If you had to reboot your Windows or Mac OS every time you started a new app, Gates and Jobs wouldn't be household names.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
The biggest issue is with profiles. It defaults to guest and won’t let you change the profile without a sync reboot.

Carplay is just it connecting then disconnecting or not connecting at all. It’s also frustrating that it’s like roulette guessing what will show up in the main screen. I always click to have the radio stations as the main thing, but every time I get in……. Different defaults.
With which OTA did the profile issue start? At the moment my profile appears to be correctly associated with my PaaK both upon cold entry or during a scheduled departure time. However, if I do a remote start to precondition it won't recognize the profile upon entry even though it detects the key.

Of course, all of this is pending the next OTA scheduled for Sat. at 1 am.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
A lot of my CarPlay issues started with iOS 16. Is anybody on iOS 15 and still experiencing issues?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
With which OTA did the profile issue start? At the moment my profile appears to be correctly associated with my PaaK both upon cold entry or during a scheduled departure time. However, if I do a remote start to precondition it won't recognize the profile upon entry even though it detects the key.

Of course, all of this is pending the next OTA scheduled for Sat. at 1 am.
profile issues have shown up in the forms for ~ a year.

mcrites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Rav4 Prime
Country flag
Does anyone know the best way to contact the EA people? I haven't been able to get any updates even though I am enrolled. I have my car connected to my wifi, and updates scheduled every day of the week at 3:01am. On the EA site at Ford, there is no good way I can find to contact them. Thanks for your advice.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Sometimes my door opens immediately when I push the button, sometimes after 3 presses, sometimes it won't open at all unless I unlock the doors via fordpass (super embarrassing when people are waiting to get in). The multiple press and not opening scenario is pretty rare at this point but does still happen. I use PAAK. iPhone 14 Pro Max with latest updates.

Sometimes the guest profile is already loaded when I approach the car. I can tell because the seat is moved back and the ambient lighting is the guest color. One time I tried to change to my profile while driving and 1PD stopped working and I nearly ran a stop sign. I don't remember the warning message but it happened fast.

After pressing the start button, sometimes my phone immediately connects and wireless carplay starts very quickly. Sometimes the phone connects but carplay doesn't start. Sometimes I can manually start carplay at that point. If carplay won't connect at that point I have to reboot sync.

Sometimes I have to press "connect" and then choose my phone (it's the only phone connected to the car so why have this step?). If it connects, Carplay then usually connects and works. If the phone doesn't connect, I have to reboot sync.

Yesterday after putting groceries in the trunk in the pouring rain, the *&^!#$ trunk wouldn't close, it would just go down a little ways and then the horn would honk twice. Finally it closes, then I put my shopping cart away and get back to the car and the #$%^%! driver's door won't open. &^^&%$^$^%$!!!

I just don't see how it can be this bad.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Does anyone know the best way to contact the EA people? I haven't been able to get any updates even though I am enrolled. I have my car connected to my wifi, and updates scheduled every day of the week at 3:01am. On the EA site at Ford, there is no good way I can find to contact them. Thanks for your advice.
It still rolls out in batches. I've been in EA for a while and usually get my updates when non-EA people start getting them. This time I got it the day of release. Nothing you can do to force them to put you in an earlier EA group.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Email is how I have always contacted them. They have a phone number now as well.

We are ramping up our ability to handle incoming issues on this site in order to meet the needs of
our growing Early Access Member Community. Until then, please call our Customer Relationship
Center at 1-866-259-0176 to report any issues, and they will ensure you are promptly taken care of.

For any feedback or suggestion regarding the Ford Early Access Program contact us at
[email protected]

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If you’re not getting any updates at all, you need to see a dealer as your car has issues. If you’re concerned about not getting release candidate PowerUps for your car before everyone else gets the final release, contact EA at: [email protected]. It’s in the contact us info hidden on the EA page.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Sometimes my door opens immediately when I push the button, sometimes after 3 presses, sometimes it won't open at all unless I unlock the doors via fordpass (super embarrassing when people are waiting to get in). The multiple press and not opening scenario is pretty rare at this point but does still happen. I use PAAK. iPhone 14 Pro Max with latest updates.
Replacing a tried and true mechanical door handle for the over-engineered and pointless 'open' button is still hands-down the dumbest decision I have ever seen on a vehicle.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Replacing a tried and true mechanical door handle for the over-engineered and pointless 'open' button is still hands-down the dumbest decision I have ever seen on a vehicle.
Clearly you've never had your hands full. I HATED the button when I first saw the MME, but it slowly grew on me. Now, I really like it. They obviously need to work on the reliability and when it lights up, but it is great when my hands are full. All I need is a finger on it and boom. My old car, I needed to wiggle free at least 3 fingers to properly open my door handle. Can't even imagine the stupid Model 3 and Y handles, what a joke. I am still partial to the Model S cool pop out handles, even though they're just as buggy as our buttons.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Clearly you've never had your hands full. I HATED the button when I first saw the MME, but it slowly grew on me. Now, I really like it. They obviously need to work on the reliability and when it lights up, but it is great when my hands are full. All I need is a finger on it and boom. My old car, I needed to wiggle free at least 3 fingers to properly open my door handle. Can't even imagine the stupid Model 3 and Y handles, what a joke. I am still partial to the Model S cool pop out handles, even though they're just as buggy as our buttons.
The problem is that it fixes an issue (hands full) 1% of the time, but creates issues the other 99% of the time. I'd rather just set down whatever I'm carrying to 'fix' that issue.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Reboot sync on every use? Seriously? I think I’ve manually rebooted Sync maybe 3 times in 22 months of ownership. I’d suggest taking your car to the dealer.
I have had days where I have to reboot sync every use. CarPlay won't connect otherwise or my profile won't load.

I have also gone weeks without needing to reboot sync.

Prior to the 3.x.x. updates, I never had to reboot sync.

The 3.x.x. updates introduced a tremendous amount of instability and bugs.

Taking it to the dealer would just be a waste of everyone's time.
Sponsored