Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ford also sends location data and all that, but stuff like current battery temps, oil temps, etc, aren't being actively sent at real time intervals to Ford.
Unless you are part of the tokens program that does send those...
Sponsored

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Unless you are part of the tokens program that does send those...
Lee is correct. That is why engineering needed to install the data tracker in my MME. They really needed to know the routes I was taking and the throttle input I was doing and the only way to log that was to install the tracker. It was not an OBDII tracker like shown in this thread, it was actually up in the dash and not connected to the OBDII port.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I got the email yesterday too. I figured it was because our MME has had the HVBJB replaced twice in under a year, and we put over 22k miles per year on it due to a long commute.

I am not particularly inclined to have 'blue oval big brother' monitoring my MME any more than they do already, but I may call the number to get more details.

This is the email:

fordlogo.jpg

Dear xxxxx
Unique ID#: zzzzzzzz

You are among a very select group of FORD MUSTANG MACH-E owners/lessees invited to provide ongoing feedback to Ford Motor Company to help in the development of vehicles for the future.

This important customer collaboration project consists of participating in our ongoing data logger project. If your vehicle qualifies, we would like to install a data logger in your FORD MUSTANG MACH-E for up to 12 months.

Please access here for additional logger details.

Why join our program?
  • In appreciation for your time, and if your vehicle qualifies you will be paid an incentive of $500 broken into two parts; $200 for installation of the logger, and $300 upon the removal of the logger.
  • Your feedback will help us to better understand how your vehicle is used, and its performance under real world conditions.
  • Your feedback will help ensure future Ford products meet the needs of our customers.
To be a part of this very exciting project with Ford Motor Company, please call us at 1-888-211-8162. Please leave your name, and Unique zzzzzzzzz listed just below your name, along with a good phone number where we can reach you. We will call you back within 24 hours to ask you some follow-up questions on your vehicle.

Please be assured the information you provide will be used for research purposes only, and not for subsequent non-research activities such as direct marketing, list building, or other marketing activities. If you have any questions about this study, or problems entering the site, please email us at [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in this important research project. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Ford Customer Correlation team
Escalent
17430 College Parkway
Livonia, MI 48152

If you wish to be removed from future email messages regarding this research, please use this link: Remove Me.

Escalent is committed to protecting your privacy. Review our Privacy Policy for more information.

Escalent
17430 College Parkway
Livonia, MI 48152
Copyright © 2023 Escalent. All rights reserved.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford tracking device offer {filename}

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
And this is the text from the link in the email:
Logger Hyperlink Information: Hardware info: logger is small box and connects to OBD port with a splitter cable, will be securely placed behind the trim below steering and dashboard. Service personnel will be given detail instruction document along with logger. Data Collected: Data that may be collected by Ford includes, the following, or substantially similar data:  Date and time of data  Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)  Odometer (mileage)  Vehicle speed  Braking  Steering  Engine and transmission parameters  Feature utilization (e.g. remote unlock/lock, doors, towing)  Location-based data (such as direction heading, latitude and longitude, also known as Global Positioning System (GPS) data) To reiterate, this is a research and development initiative to support new product development. Please be assured that Escalent is not engaged in sales, advertising, or publicity of any kind. Escalent will not attempt to sell you anything now or in the future because of your participation in this program, and all information provided will remain confidential. Data collected from the vehicle logger device will be recorded on an individual basis; however, survey data will be reported in aggregate.

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
I received the same email. I did call them and left a message they returned my call. Very nice lady asked a few questions whether I had the hotspot activated, if I had wireless at my home, who drove the car the most (I said me) and that was about it. 5 minute call. Said they would get back to me. Data logger would have to be installed by the dealer. They pay you $200 up front then $300 when dealer removes. Research on Mach E I presume for future use. I had a recent HVBJB replaced but I do not think it was related to that at all.

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
The call from Livonia, Mich.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Lee is correct. That is why engineering needed to install the data tracker in my MME. They really needed to know the routes I was taking and the throttle input I was doing and the only way to log that was to install the tracker. It was not an OBDII tracker like shown in this thread, it was actually up in the dash and not connected to the OBDII port.
Well, that's interesting. Where was it pulling information from if not the OBDII port? 🤔

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Well, that's interesting. Where was it pulling information from if not the OBDII port? 🤔
I did not see the install so I do not have the details, but being that engineering was involved I am sure they knew a way to wire it into the system to get the data they needed. It was installed in the dash itself, and there were no wires or devices hanging down after the install. After the data was collected they gathered the data and removed the tracker.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I don't have a data tracker and didn't get this email, but I can verify that Ford has contracted with Escalent previously.

DBPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I've received the same email.

The data record is going to be connected inline with the ODBII port for recording. This is the gateway to all modules on the vehicle, so lots of data can be collected.

In regard to Escalent, the survey company - marketing consulting, does not have good reviews with the BBB.

am142j

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD
Country flag
I got the email, but 12 months is a long time for this company to log my data. Who knows if they would ever send to insurance if they asked for it and increased my insurance rates.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
It's probably a worthwhile effort on Ford's part to improve the vehicle and pass on best practices to the rest of us. If I could install it myself, I would probably participate, but my toes curl up whenever I have to visit a car dealership.

I did get the offer and can confirm it says 'Ford Research' and looks legit.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
my toes curl up whenever I have to visit a car dealership.
I personally begin hyperventilating and my blood pressure skyrockets. $500 could cause 10x that in unintended consequences. No thank you.
Sponsored