Lutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR TP2
Occupation
IT project manager
Country flag
I have that OBD-Tracker installed already since December last year. Will stay for a year.

Was contacted from Ford and some 3rd party research company. Installation was done by a Ford factory technician at a local Ford garage. We get 450,- EUR over here in Germany. 200 upfront and 250 after 12 month when the rip out the tracker again.
Sponsored

Crafty42

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Country flag
All I got was an offer for $10...from [email protected]

"Dear Crafty42(changed from real name),

You are among a select group that may qualify to take part in an important research study.

This survey is administered via the Internet, will take about 6 minutes of your time and will be running through September 14th, 2023.

Why Participate?

• In appreciation for your time, you will receive a $10 gift card via email
  • Your feedback will help us to better understand how your vehicle is used under real world conditions.
  • Your feedback will help ensure future Ford products meet the needs of our customers.

To be a part of this very exciting project with Ford Motor Company, please access the link below to complete our survey."

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
Funny, I got the email at 10:07 PST tried it .. at 10:20 survey it was already closed.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
All I got was an offer for $10...from [email protected]

"Dear Crafty42(changed from real name),

You are among a select group that may qualify to take part in an important research study.

This survey is administered via the Internet, will take about 6 minutes of your time and will be running through September 14th, 2023.

Why Participate?

• In appreciation for your time, you will receive a $10 gift card via email
  • Your feedback will help us to better understand how your vehicle is used under real world conditions.
  • Your feedback will help ensure future Ford products meet the needs of our customers.

To be a part of this very exciting project with Ford Motor Company, please access the link below to complete our survey."
I received that one too - both in the span of 30 minutes, which is why I was suspicious.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
$500? They’re getting ripped off.

China will track your phone for $7.

Ice_P

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I received the same letter recently. I was wondering if it was legit and whether it's worth the $500. for the hassle - bringing to dealer to get it installed, etc. You also are trusting some unknown entity with private information. I think I'll pass.

Mach-E Momma

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Mach-E
Occupation
Cake Decorator
Country flag
Hi! So . . . I decided to have the logger installed and they even came to my house and installed it in my front driveway. Super easy! Well, that night when I went to check on my charging status I noticed an amber color light on my charger instead of the normal blue light. When I looked it up it says, "The AMBER fault indicator illuminates to communicate that the charger is rebooting after an error." Weird?! I've never had that color before so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to charge just fine. But . . . it keeps happening and when it it charging it seems to be SUPER slow. Some nights when I plug it in a 9pm and it only needs to charge 25% it's not done by 8am. Anyone else having this problem? Is it a coincident or could it have something to do with the data logger? I have a call into the dealership that installed it. Annoying!!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hi! So . . . I decided to have the logger installed and they even came to my house and installed it in my front driveway. Super easy! Well, that night when I went to check on my charging status I noticed an amber color light on my charger instead of the normal blue light. When I looked it up it says, "The AMBER fault indicator illuminates to communicate that the charger is rebooting after an error." Weird?! I've never had that color before so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to charge just fine. But . . . it keeps happening and when it it charging it seems to be SUPER slow. Some nights when I plug it in a 9pm and it only needs to charge 25% it's not done by 8am. Anyone else having this problem? Is it a coincident or could it have something to do with the data logger? I have a call into the dealership that installed it. Annoying!!
The mobile charger is known to have tons of issues with amber lights, so you probably need a replacement EVSE.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
If this is the Ford Mobile Charger, you need to pay attention to all the lights. If the amber is on while the blue is pulsing, it means that charging is reduced due to internal overtemp condition. This is the common failure mode of the FMC.
I don’t see any way the addition of the tracker (or anything else in the car) can cause this.
Sponsored