Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
1. That’s a sensor? I never knew that. I always thought it was just an icon that indicated the button opened and closed the door ?‍♂
2. That’s insane. I’d guess it’s a loose display connector somewhere or something glitchy with a display driver connection. The dealer definitely should be diagnosing this by checking all connections. If that doesn’t correct it, then something has to be swapped.

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
There is a fix for the door locking sensor issue. I had it and it worked. (software update fix) tell tour dealer to reach out to Ford about it.
Do you have any reference article, number, or something for the door lock sensor fix? Mine seems to have a delay on it, like it won't work until the cars been off for a minute or so. Kind of silly, but shows me the sensor does work but isn't enabled all the time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Does that sensor fail to work completely or is it an intermittent problem. Is it the same problem with a fob and Park? If if is intermittent only using PaaK, it probably deals with the same definition of "brief" that the door open with PaaK does. Perhaps the door PaaK SSM will resolve the issue.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford won’t fix any of my issues - just ranting here UPD: one fixed via OTA Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 3.47.26 PM

Yeah, that's crazy. Is this a regular, frequent, or occasional problem? I've had a couple of screen glitches but they went away in about ten seconds and all was fine. I've never even had to do the Sync reset either time. If this is a frequent problem it seems like they need to have a Ford Field Service Engineer work with them and the Mach E team to diagnose the problem.

Mirak

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
That’s a mess. Never experienced anything like that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Do you have any reference article, number, or something for the door lock sensor fix? Mine seems to have a delay on it, like it won't work until the cars been off for a minute or so. Kind of silly, but shows me the sensor does work but isn't enabled all the time.
There's a thread for each SSM in
https://www.macheforum.com/site/forums/issues-warranty-recalls-tsb.32/
Go to that thread or search titles for SSM
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford won’t fix any of my issues - just ranting here UPD: one fixed via OTA Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 3.58.09 PM

There are a couple of SSMs that might apply here.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
While pressing the lock while you have the fob or PaaK close by will work, the 7-8 9-0 combination is much more reliable and doesn't require a fob or Park to be present.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford won’t fix any of my issues - just ranting here UPD: one fixed via OTA Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 3.55.56 PM

Warning: you can use this method to lock your fob or phone in the car. Make sure you know your B-pillar unlock code before using this method. This is also used as the runner/swimmer/surfer's lock.

OP
OP
Chudsaviet

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
1) “Does that sensor fail to work completely or is it an intermittent problem.” - It is intermittent. Happened to me both with PAAK only and with the key in my pocket. At the same time, the lock sensor on on the right rear door worked flawlessly. I will watch it for some more time, probably they will fix it with OTA just as the service man said.

2) “Yeah, that's crazy. Is this a regular, frequent, or occasional problem?“ - fortunately, occasional. Happens mostly when I come to the vehicle when its actively charging, both DC and Level 2. Infotainment reboot helps.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
1) “Does that sensor fail to work completely or is it an intermittent problem.” - It is intermittent. Happened to me both with PAAK only and with the key in my pocket. At the same time, the lock sensor on on the right rear door worked flawlessly. I will watch it for some more time, probably they will fix it with OTA just as the service man said.

2) “Yeah, that's crazy. Is this a regular, frequent, or occasional problem?“ - fortunately, occasional. Happens mostly when I come to the vehicle when its actively charging, both DC and Level 2. Infotainment reboot helps.
These are probably both software faults, not hardware. While the screen could be an intermittent cable or board issue, it would probably be more frequent in that case. The good news is these issues are getting better with OTA updates.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
@RX33, has your Prem 4X been scheduled for build yet? Where's it at in the process?

Do you suppose you'll decide to take delivery of a model year 2021 or 2022 Mustang Mach-E? Just curious, since only 1 of your 144 posts on the forum (your first post) indicate anything positive about the vehicle compared to your alternatives.

LTC_HUGH

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had another appointment at another Ford dealership service, with next 3 issues:
1) Driver door lock sensor works from time to time - ”Fingers are different. Ford knows about the issue and tries to calibrate the sensor. No fix yet.” But other manufacturers are able to calibrate it, right? Never had this issue on my Honda.
2) Instrument cluster noise - “its normal” answer from Fore company itself.
3) Central screen goes crazy - “the system needs reboot from time to time”.

I’m basically very dissapointed with Ford interaction. I see now why Japanese manufacturers won the competition. Never going to buy an American car again.
No need to rehash all of what others said and I agree, your dealing with an extremely advanced tech. It's not like buying a new iPhone or Xbox series x. I like having the new next tech so maybe those issues will help identify solutions and being a part of the solution.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
@RX33, has your Prem 4X been scheduled for build yet? Where's it at in the process?

Do you suppose you'll decide to take delivery of a model year 2021 or 2022 Mustang Mach-E? Just curious, since only 1 of your 144 posts on the forum (your first post) indicate anything positive about the vehicle compared to your alternatives.
Pretty sure he is a troll in that all his posts, literally every single one (except maybe the first?), can be seen as either direct or indirect put downs of the Mach-E and/or Ford.

OP
OP
Chudsaviet

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
"your dealing with an extremely advanced tech. It's not like buying a new iPhone or Xbox series x. I like having the new next tech so maybe those issues will help identify solutions and being a part of the solution."
1) No need to fear "extremely advanced tech". ITER is an extremely advanced tech, everything other us just normal tech.
2) I will say that again. Issues themselves are not the problem. The problem is that Ford tells "its normal" for some of them.

OP
OP
Chudsaviet

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
UPD:
Looks like they fixed the issue with driver's door lock sensor via OTA. It works great now.
Sponsored