SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I am quite tempted to make a wiki page with each update on the App and the Car Updates to list what is know improvements etc. Think it would be quite hard considering we don't know exactly what was updated.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
same here. I'm wondering if the battery drain problem is only on Androids.
I think they have largely fixed the drain issue on iPhones and the Android version must still need work.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think they have largely fixed the drain issue on iPhones and the Android version must still need work.
Have you noted drain when driving it? Me music (car play) and FP heated up the phone pretty good. I was not expecting 21% low battery to display for the time I was gone. When I plugged it in it was hot and history was a 45 degree slope starting the time I left. Possible car play / android auto drain?

saurez7777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Red
Country flag
I have samsung Note 10+ and from the last update it's draining my battery like crazy... 15% of my battery in an hr :(

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Have you noted drain when driving it? Me music (car play) and FP heated up the phone pretty good. I was not expecting 21% low battery to display for the time I was gone. When I plugged it in it was hot and history was a 45 degree slope starting the time I left. Possible car play / android auto drain?
Running Waze or Google Maps is especially power-hungry. Combine that with the fact the Qi-charger doesn't really work and you'll see why I'm back to using USB cables.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They did. It's a bug in this specific version, not the new way.
What's the new way? No communication between the app and the car when the car is powered off? That would stop battery drain when powered off but is obviously is not ideal and I hope not permanent.
Running Waze or Google Maps is especially power-hungry. Combine that with the fact the Qi-charger doesn't really work and you'll see why I'm back to using USB cables.
Yes back to usb C appears to be what is required.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
What's the new way? No communication between the app and the car when the car is powered off? That would stop battery drain when powered off but is obviously is not ideal and I hope not permanent.

Yes back to usb C appears to be what is required.
Small and easy step taking seconds.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Not so with 3.24 it is a whole lot worse and pretty much nonfunctional now.
I had pretty close to a 100% success rate with PAAK prior to 3.24 on iOs and an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Since 3.24, it's been a bit flakier. The car isn't waking up when coming within range in the morning in the garage. Bluetooth is connected and the unlock button works, and the key will be recognized, but not the first time to the car of the day, or if it's been sitting for a while.

I've also had to start using USB cables as well Mark, fewer problems with Carplay, which also started occurring around the time 3.24 released.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had pretty close to a 100% success rate with PAAK prior to 3.24 on iOs and an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Since 3.24, it's been a bit flakier. The car isn't waking up when coming within range in the morning in the garage. Bluetooth is connected and the unlock button works, and the key will be recognized, but not the first time to the car of the day, or if it's been sitting for a while.

I've also had to start using USB cables as well Mark, fewer problems with Carplay, which also started occurring around the time 3.24 released.
Our island friend please tell us it is not true. These are minor bugs not flaws and will get better. At least that is what I am hoping and to me it appears Ford takes this all seriously. Us OCD tech freaks need our tech to run absolutely flawlessly or we get grumpy. I think this version did not hit a home run and we all just need to flag it. Going back to the old driver as this one does not work worth a ........ ;)

radioactiveToys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I got the PAAK recall notice with the new version and was able to schedule service through the app. So that was nice.

Unfortunately, communications with the car seem to be completely broken (even after the update service). The app hasn't received any charge status from my Mach E since June 8, and I can't push down any new settings.

I've also been seeing the rapid battery drain issue, so I had to disable PAAK entirely.

Great job guys!

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
What I'm saying is that this crazy battery drain came in the last version. It's clearly a bug. It's like the app enters a tight infinite loop or something, pegging the CPU. The phone gets warm, and the battery starts draining.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What I'm saying is that this crazy battery drain came in the last version. It's clearly a bug. It's like the app enters a tight infinite loop or something, pegging the CPU. The phone gets warm, and the battery starts draining.
Only when driving for you? Are you bluetooth connected when driving? I will cable again and try next version. 1' USB C still plugged in and we have not stopped trading off the fob. Not a big deal this bug and yes it will be looked at. We all should keep flag them. That will help them keep squashing them.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Our island friend please tell us it is not true. These are minor bugs not flaws and will get better. At least that is what I am hoping and to me it appears Ford takes this all seriously. Us OCD tech freaks need our tech to run absolutely flawlessly or we get grumpy. I think this version did not hit a home run and we all just need to flag it. Going back to the old driver as this one does not work worth a ........ ;)
I'm pretty convinced this is a 3.24 issue I'm having. It's annoying but nothing more. I still haven't pulled the FOB out and have no intention of doing so -- it's nowhere near that bad. I expect that some random bug was introduced, probably from an entirely unrelated bit of code, and will be fixed with 3.25. In the meantime, It's still fine by me.
Sponsored