TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I just checked my phone and FP battery usage over the last couple fo days.

Because I'm constantly flipping through the app it is using the largest percentage of battery. It is not, however, draining the battery extraordinarily fast. My battery lasts as long as it has in the past before I installed FordPass.

Just my 2cents
Sponsored

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
With PAAK active Fordpass makes my battery drain up to 60%(!) of my daily battery usage.
Without PAAK that is about 10%. The cancel button for PAAK is a pure necessity. The workaround by killing fordpass is the only option I (we) have for now but next to the fact they should test updates before rolling them out they really need to fix the battery usage of PAAK as this is a joke.
I echo your complaints. I decided to kick things up a notch and complain to my dealer and requested a free 2nd key fob. If PaaK was reliable, and the app wasn't such a battery hog I wouldn't have a problem with having only 1 key fob. Since neither is the case, I think it is only fair to get a 2nd key fob free of charge, not to mention the price tag of the car.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This apple carplay has some cool features. It appears to integrate Foobar2000 (kind of). It is nice to have file structure and cut and paste flac to the iphone thru Windows file explorer. Old school open source and have used Foobar for the PC DAC out to high end home audio like forever. Maybe pacebo but I think I have my new player as far as quick, ease, features and sound. Now if only apple would let us change the default player. Steering wheel works on tracks appears to just work so far and plays real smooth.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.26 is out Foobar

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
This apple carplay has some cool features. It appears to integrate Foobar2000 (kind of). It is nice to have file structure and cut and paste flac to the iphone thru Windows file explorer. Old school open source and have used Foobar for the PC DAC out to high end home audio like forever. Maybe pacebo but I think I have my new player as far as quick, ease, features and sound. Now if only apple would let us change the default player. Steering wheel works on tracks appears to just work so far and plays real smooth.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.26 is out Foobar
Bit off-topic, but the quickbar you're pointing to in Carplay is generally the "last used" of that app type. From top to bottom it's NAV - MEDIA - PHONE/MESSAGES.

So if I open Apple Music, it'll show Apple Music there, if I then open YouTube Music, it'll get replaced with YouTube Music.

Not sure why the foobar app isn't taking over. Maybe they don't have full Carplay support in the app.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bit off-topic, but the quickbar you're pointing to in Carplay is generally the "last used" of that app type. From top to bottom it's NAV - MEDIA - PHONE/MESSAGES.

So if I open Apple Music, it'll show Apple Music there, if I then open YouTube Music, it'll get replaced with YouTube Music.

Not sure why the foobar app isn't taking over. Maybe they don't have full Carplay support in the app.
I am running it in 3.26 ;) so not OT. From what I understand apple since 14.5 has allowed a couple of third party appz default. Your YouTube music being one of them.

There is no foobar icon to add right now in carplay hint hint ford (like never). You need to launch it from the phone at this point. The phone menus are so quick and easy to nav it is not a problem.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I just checked my phone and FP battery usage over the last couple fo days.

Because I'm constantly flipping through the app it is using the largest percentage of battery. It is not, however, draining the battery extraordinarily fast. My battery lasts as long as it has in the past before I installed FordPass.

Just my 2cents
I tried to tell mine to only connect to the car when in use as opposed to always, but I got a message that PAAK won't work unless you set "always". Anyway, FP seems to have settled around 12% now on an ip12.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I tried to tell mine to only connect to the car when in use as opposed to always, but I got a message that PAAK won't work unless you set "always". Anyway, FP seems to have settled around 12% now on an ip12.
Over the last 10 days, FordPass has been averaging 3% battery usage on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Sounds like all the Android users may want to rethink some of their life choices ?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Over the last 10 days, FordPass has been averaging 3% battery usage on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Sounds like all the Android users may want to rethink some of their life choices ?
Famous last words. This has been going on for multiple version on my iphone? It is hit and miss 2x on 3.25 once driving with carplay running and once after the the paak upgrade setting up paak again. The iphone becomes a hand warmer. It is only a cheap phone battery and the car has a corded and wireless charger. Nothing to get too ticked about just note it and deal with it. Appears the iphone guys said nothing so so did I. Not a biggie as it has had no effect on the function of the vehicle so far.

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I loaded this on my Wife’s IPhone 12 Pro and it seems to be in an infinite loop. Ugh!!
Could you describe what exactly what an infinite loop looks like? Quite confused.....I had the campaign number 21B36 upgrade performed at the dealership (6 Hours) and I don't seem to be having any issues, can someone chime in on this?

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Could you describe what exactly what an infinite loop looks like? Quite confused.....I had the campaign number 21B36 upgrade performed at the dealership (6 Hours) and I don't seem to be having any issues, can someone chime in on this?
When I try to login it goes to a blue screen with a circle that just keeps going round and round!!

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
If I was interested in following the crowd I would have bought a Tesla ;).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When I try to login it goes to a blue screen with a circle that just keeps going round and round!!
That used to be hour glass land it is now you have been in donut land. Does not or slow to boot.
Finally finished loading several hours later!!! Fun with Fordpass!!
Thinking sever contact/response is slim right now. Not normal from my limited experience (6 months).

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If I was interested in following the crowd I would have bought a Tesla ;).
As I keep pointing out, any comparison between Apple and Tesla is a false comparison. There really is nothing similar about them.
Sponsored