benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
According to the notes 3.26 only optimizes the search functie op the map no more, no less...
That's only the international version of 2.36. The North American version doesn't have that change. Based on the release notes of the last several versions it looks like North America gets features one version behind the rest of the world.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
iOS 3.26 has these features. If you don’t have it, you may not have 3.26, or you may not have OTA 1.4.0 installed in the car yet. Or perhaps both.
I have both. And securi-whatever isn’t in FordPass for me. No great loss. I’ll just stay out of west philly.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing. The only other way to stop the service from killing your battery is by using the Force Stop option in Android.

1. Long press on the app icon
2. Select App info (it might be a "i" icon for Samsung phones)
3. Press Force Stop

This will kill the background PaaK service until you re-open the Fordpass app.

I guess there is a chance they fixed the PaaK battery drain issue with this version... ?
Good thing I read all the posts. I came in here to note that the battery drain problem from PaaK is still very much a thing on 3.26.0, now, too. I've been force stopping the app every time I'm done driving, otherwise my battery drops to zero in a few hours.
It's annoying. But Force Closing it works for now.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.26 is out Screenshot_20210714-185906

Hey, @Ford Motor Company , this is not normal! Please address this battery drain problem on Android. I've reported it through the proper channels, too. Introduced in version 3.24.0.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Good thing I read all the posts. I came in here to note that the battery drain problem from PaaK is still very much a thing on 3.26.0, now, too. I've been force stopping the app every time I'm done driving, otherwise my battery drops to zero in a few hours.
It's annoying. But Force Closing it works for now.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.26 is out Screenshot_20210714-185906

Hey, @Ford Motor Company , this is not normal! Please address this battery drain problem on Android. I've reported it through the proper channels, too. Introduced in version 3.24.0.
The battery drain is no joke. It floors me v3.26 now adds in 3 cancel buttons to the notification and yet none of them work. It's like they are just releasing untested code. How does something so damn obvious get through QA.

I tried going back to PaaK for over month now, but this update has pushed me to my whits end. I'm going back to the fob for the next 2 or 3 versions (or more). Sadly my confidence is fading fast that the app will ever work.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The battery drain is no joke. It floors me v3.26 now adds in 3 cancel buttons to the notification and yet none of them work. It's like they are just releasing untested code. How does something so damn obvious get through QA.

I tried going back to PaaK for over month now, but this update has pushed me to my whits end. I'm going back to the fob for the next 2 or 3 versions (or more). Sadly my confidence is fading fast that the app will ever work.
It really is a bit frustrating, the app experience. Seems to get worse with each update. Since Ford does have a team monitoring this forum, I'm hoping they take it as feedback.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I got a notice on my iphone today that Ford Pass has been pinging the location of may car hundreds of times recently.
Your car’s location or your phone’s location?

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’m trying to think about how that would work? There would have to be a persistent data connection between your car and your phone. I don’t know if the car maintains a persistent data connection when it’s at home and on your home network, or if it just checks in with Ford periodically. I wonder if anyone has done any network traffic analysis.

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
With PAAK active Fordpass makes my battery drain up to 60%(!) of my daily battery usage.
Without PAAK that is about 10%. The cancel button for PAAK is a pure necessity. The workaround by killing fordpass is the only option I (we) have for now but next to the fact they should test updates before rolling them out they really need to fix the battery usage of PAAK as this is a joke.
Sponsored