Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Yes, it is on the Sync screen. I believe "Remote Start Setup" is the menu title.
Your choices are Auto or Last Used.
Both options, for me at least, are not great. If I select “Last Used” 99% of the time my seat will be off, since I’ve just come home and the car is warm. If I leave it on “Auto”, it’s like a fusion reaction is going on in the seat. :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Both options, for me at least, are not great. If I select “Last Used” 99% of the time my seat will be off, since I’ve just come home and the car is warm. If I leave it on “Auto”, it’s like a fusion reaction is going on in seat. :cool:
Secret option 3: seat heat on auto and remote start on last used :).

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Does remote start not default to Guest for all of you, with wildly different HVAC settings? Not sure if it's a bug with my old software, but every time I remote start it defaults to Guest with seat warmer on MAX (which I hate).
Yeah but that’s not a FordPass issue

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Neither @Jimrpa nor myself have been able to open the frunks on our respective cars using FordPass since we got the cars. Imagine that! We can’t be alone!!! :p
Frunk, trunk and windows from FordPass worked fine for almost two months after I got my MME in November. The past couple of weeks, however, nope.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Frunk, trunk and windows from FordPass worked fine for almost two months after I got my MME in November. The past couple of weeks, however, nope.
We have job 1 cars. There is no remote Frunk release for those cars despite repeated and recent promises.

The windows button in FordPass requires Bluetooth connection iirc. Any changes on your phone recently? That does seem like an odd glitch.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Neither @Jimrpa nor myself have been able to open the frunks on our respective cars using FordPass since we got the cars. Imagine that! We can’t be alone!!! :p
This is once again proof that all threads on this forum (and likely much of the interwebs) lead to @Jimrpa's frunk.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My remote start and paak in general has been working well it is schedules/status that give me donut land and no responses.
This! Remote start has worked pretty well for me. Scheduled departure, Bluetooth connectivity, and almost everything else like opening the frunk/trunk has been dodgy.
No real problems here with anything paak related right now. Remote works as I use it when preconditioning does not. Just nonfunctional departure scheduling is all I got. All else seems to be working OK.

Still coming on 15 to 20 minutes a day when below -5C this winter. The new auto preparing for drive (rename it to conditioning followed by warming cabin when scheduled). Not sure if the hvjb and becm was just the favor of the day or helped but it looks to me that the software coming on and auto conditioning helps. Been better than sitting there and killing its 12V. Once a day lets you know it is alive (preparing for drive 6 hours ago). Been warm so far this season but a couple of -27C and the 12V is good. It is alive. 👍

Both options, for me at least, are not great. If I select “Last Used” 99% of the time my seat will be off, since I’ve just come home and the car is warm. If I leave it on “Auto”, it’s like a fusion reaction is going on in the seat. :cool:
Down to 1 and the wheel off are the first things I do. Then hit the monitor on the side to get carplay to connect ;). I am good with 3 and the wheel gives them a quick blast on shore power and heats things up.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
How do you know that? Ideally, FordPass should communicate the appropriate profile to the car, so it seems like it's at least partially a FordPass issue.
My GTPE defaults to “guest” profile when I remote start. It is a PITA. I updated the setting in the guest profile to be 1-pedal Drive because that was the most annoying thing when starting to drive early morning. I haven’t tried the remote start since getting the 4.1.2 update, so I will try that later today to see if it still defaults.

Update: Did a remote start today and the profile did not default back to guest. Now, one Robin doesn’t make spring, so I’ll try it again in the morning and see if I go 2 for 2.

Last edited:

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
We have job 1 cars. There is no remote Frunk release for those cars despite repeated and recent promises.

The windows button in FordPass requires Bluetooth connection iirc. Any changes on your phone recently? That does seem like an odd glitch.
One of the two Mach-E Bluetooth connections (the one I named) hasn't connected to my phone in a couple of weeks. The other (##### Mach-E) connects. And wireless CarPlay is back in working order. But frunk, trunk, and windows haven't worked for a while now.

No changes to my phone, so I figure I need to do the old "nuke and restore", unpair and re-pair my phone. :(

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
How do you know that? Ideally, FordPass should communicate the appropriate profile to the car, so it seems like it's at least partially a FordPass issue.
The profile links by which fob/PAAK is closest to the ignition and driver door lock, I don’t think anything have to do with profiles is sent to the cloud

emichnov

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
First I’ve heard of issues with remote start and FordPass
For me, almost every time I try to use remote start in the FordPass app, the app crashes, and then I have to restart the app, then try to remote start the car again, and then it usually works. Hopefully, they have fixed the crashing, but I am on Android, and no Fordpass update is showing up in the playstore.

NiceandSimpleMache

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I'm having issues with 4.23.1 FordPass.

My charge level and distance would link to my MME.
My PaaK not linking up with my MME

Anyone having this issues? I deleted the app, added it back on and deleted the cache. 😭😭😭

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
The profile links by which fob/PAAK is closest to the ignition and driver door lock, I don’t think anything have to do with profiles is sent to the cloud
Well, maybe it should because right now "sensing which fob/phone is closest) doesn't work at all.
Sponsored