Miranda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just noticed that my departure times are resetting to one rando Sunday time I used a month ago. My weekday settings are gone. Go in, set them back up and then the next day..or two or when I remember to actually look, gone and just the lone Sunday noon departure there for my home charger. This a new feature or was that always the case? Only had my mache since new years lol. Thanks!
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I just noticed that my departure times are resetting to one rando Sunday time I used a month ago. My weekday settings are gone. Go in, set them back up and then the next day..or two or when I remember to actually look, gone and just the lone Sunday noon departure there for my home charger. This a new feature or was that always the case? Only had my mache since new years lol. Thanks!
It works, at least for me, if you set it from the car. App is just bugged right now and won’t sync to the car for departure times or, in my case, charging times too.

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same thing randomly the car will wipe out the departure schedule. You can see it is set in the car and then you go back out and it can be gone. Setting it in the car can help success of it taking it but is not the 100% fix here.

For me departure scheduling through Fordpass worked last winter and now has not since the beginning of this one. When it actually broke is some time between the end of last and the beginning of this one. Not sure if you can point your finger totally at FordPass for the lack of preconditioning as I have seen the car reject/wipe them also. Based on what I have seen from Ford to date this winter is shot and we can hope for a fix next spring. Have no idea how you ensure it to work for this winter.

With this version of FP remote start is not working as well as it use to. Fordpass background usage is now back to sucking my iPhone 11 battery down in less than a day.

It works, at least for me, if you set it from the car. App is just bugged right now and won’t sync to the car for departure times or, in my case, charging times too.
For the cost of the vehicle one should expect that you will need to go out and crawl into a cold car in hope it is not cold when you leave. Software is now smart enough to auto preparing for drive this winter and 12V is good here. Two steps forward. Wonder when the auto preconditioning got programed in if something broke the manual one? This mustang is still a bit wild and does not listen well ;)

Last edited:

TimberWolfCO

First Name
Miranda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. The preconditioning is a must here in the winter and maybe it never worked right from the start and I’m just noticing it lol. Background usage is a huge drain for sure. Other buggy things here and there and I’m not one to get all angry about it and call it a lemon. Work around it, because it sure is fun to drive coming from a minivan that cornered like a pregnant hippo 🦛

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OTA package 3.5.4 is so plebeian. I am on 3.5.4.2. 🤪🐩

My car ignored its scheduled departure time yesterday so it was cold as heck in the car. This morning, it was nice and toasty. All times are still in place. Just weirdness on my car’s part. 😱🐩

My FP app is at 4.23.2 and seems to operate no differently from the last few versions. YMMV since we are talking about Ford software. 🤪🐩

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
For the cost of the vehicle one should expect that you will need to go out and crawl into a cold car in hope it is not cold when you leave. Software is now smart enough to auto preparing for drive this winter and 12V is good here. Two steps forward. Wonder when the auto preconditioning got programed in if something broke the manual one? This mustang is still a bit wild and does not listen well ;)
Yes, obviously it should work. It is a known bug that Ford is working to address, I am just proposing a workaround for those that want it to work while they're waiting. No need to overexaggerate.

3.6.2 brought the precondition when enroute to a DCFC. Departure times seem to have broken in 3.5.4 or around there.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Anyone wanna hazard a guess as to whether this gives Ford no access to my data or infinite access?
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 4.23.2 released for iOS IMG_2980.PNG

(Yes, this is a real FordPass 4.23.2 screen that magically appeared when I opened the app this evening.)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. The preconditioning is a must here in the winter and maybe it never worked right from the start and I’m just noticing it lol. Background usage is a huge drain for sure. Other buggy things here and there and I’m not one to get all angry about it and call it a lemon. Work around it, because it sure is fun to drive coming from a minivan that cornered like a pregnant hippo 🦛
Try clearing it, backing out (give it a rest make sure it takes), then setting up new all sitting in the car. Let us know if it works? Will sometimes.

Yes, obviously it should work. It is a known bug that Ford is working to address, I am just proposing a workaround for those that want it to work while they're waiting. No need to overexaggerate.

3.6.2 brought the precondition when enroute to a DCFC. Departure times seem to have broken in 3.5.4 or around there.
Someone that also thinks the new faulty departure scheduling may not be all fordpass. I brought it in and it got completely updated this fall then it started to update OTA and now 3.5.4.2. I like it comes on and auto conditions now when sitting and cold. Glad I went in; I was stuck and it took two times.

If no charging schedule and a dead 12V multiple times isn't a lemon I guess a departure schedule is not either. I am hopping they are working on a fix and wonder if you can point me to anything official such that I can direct my service? Hoping soft/firmware this time and thinking I have a good chance since it was working pretty well through winter 2?

Bets are now on for winter 4 all the basics will perform perfect. Winter 3 was so close. Couple more months to deal with it and the good thing is that so far it has been unusually warmer so we have had that going for us. Departure scheduling is not required here in the summers and they are good. Hope manual gets fixed and auto sticks.

It was noted here in November and to my dealer early December. To date the dealer will not acknowledge it but will keep his eyes open. I removed 2 of their phones after they looked at it but no comment/acknowledgement. Preconditioning is nice after it sitting a week to come on and thaw out the batteries before driving it. Warming them up before dcfc after hours of highway driving not as much. -20C tonight and need it for 9:45 AM departure. Been sitting a week but set it in the car and fingers crossed. Makes for a better drive.
Sponsored