Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
My only issue with remote start is that the trip meter doesn’t reset when I use it.

So if I use remote start, my mileage is usually doubled on FordPass under My EV Driving.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My only issue with remote start is that the trip meter doesn’t reset when I use it.
My only issue with remote start is that it doesn’t remote start. Remote anything else is fine.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
My GTPE defaults to “guest” profile when I remote start. It is a PITA. I updated the setting in the guest profile to be 1-pedal Drive because that was the most annoying thing when starting to drive early morning. I haven’t tried the remote start since getting the 4.1.2 update, so I will try that later today to see if it still defaults.
You could use the seat memory recall button, I'm pretty sure that changes profiles. Although it may be another one of those "maybe it'll work this time" features the mach e has.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
You could use the seat memory recall button, I'm pretty sure that changes profiles. Although it may be another one of those "maybe it'll work this time" features the mach e has.
Maybe. I’ll have to check that. At that point it’s just as easy to hit the profile button. Just not the first thing I’m thinking about on a frozen winter morning at 5am.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag

So if I use remote start, my mileage is usually doubled on FordPass under My EV Driving.
Ahhhh, is that what causes that. I always wondered why some mornings my trip miles were wrong. Never connected those dots.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My only issue with remote start is that it doesn’t remote start. Remote anything else is fine.
The bizarre personalities of the MME. Remote start has always worked here. Works great now and think it goes Bluetooth if paak is installed. App says connected to bluetooth when you try? It use to do the same interaction as it does with status and scheduling (phone home) but I think it is Bluetooth now if paak is installed. Wake it up unlock and lock then hit remote start? Guess there are problems but people don't say much.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The bizarre personalities of the MME. Remote start has always worked here. Works great now and think it goes Bluetooth if paak is installed. App says connected to bluetooth when you try? It use to do the same interaction as it does with status and scheduling (phone home) but I think it is Bluetooth now if paak is installed. Wake it up unlock and lock then hit remote start? Guess there are problems but people don't say much.
I think for me it’s a FP issue. It worked fine until 2 or 3 FordPass updates ago.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
Ahhhh, is that what causes that. I always wondered why some mornings my trip miles were wrong. Never connected those dots.
Sweet '66

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
i'm stuck on 3.5.4 still.

i guess i'm waiting.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i'm stuck on 3.5.4 still.

i guess i'm waiting.
That’s a PowerUp (OTA) issue. 4.23 refers to the FordPass version number. They’re on about a three week revision cycle iirc.

You have a lot of company in still being on 3.5.4. I’m not sure what’s up with those cars not having updates pushed to them. There are Ford engineers on the forum, some do comment occasionally, but I don’t think any of them are directly involved in getting the OTAs out, so they likely don’t know the why part either.

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2006 Mustang GT, 2018 Buick Regal GS
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
Does remote start not default to Guest for all of you, with wildly different HVAC settings? Not sure if it's a bug with my old software, but every time I remote start it defaults to Guest with seat warmer on MAX (which I hate).
I also had this problem (and I was embarrassed when I figured it out). On the profile setup screen, there is an option to link Fordpass to PAAK. Somehow, I missed that during initial setup (over a year ago). So for the past year, both the wife and I would get the guest profile whenever we used remote start. A few weeks ago I stumbled across that setting and we both linked FordPass to PAAK and ever since it has worked like it should. A whole year I have secretly despised the guest profile only to realize that it was my own undoing. And I'm supposed to be the IT Guru. Shame! Shame!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I also had this problem (and I was embarrassed when I figured it out). On the profile setup screen, there is an option to link Fordpass to PAAK. Somehow, I missed that during initial setup (over a year ago). So for the past year, both the wife and I would get the guest profile whenever we used remote start. A few weeks ago I stumbled across that setting and we both linked FordPass to PAAK and ever since it has worked like it should. A whole year I have secretly despised the guest profile only to realize that it was my own undoing. And I'm supposed to be the IT Guru. Shame! Shame!
It is actually still an unresolved bug, no matter if PaaK is linked properly to your profile or not. 50/50 I get in and it is guest or not. 50/50 I remote start and it is guest or my profile.

Fins160

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Select C/T Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It is actually still an unresolved bug, no matter if PaaK is linked properly to your profile or not. 50/50 I get in and it is guest or not. 50/50 I remote start and it is guest or my profile.
Agreed, it’s been a long standing bug despite proper setup. Just happened to me last night. And no, selecting the seat memory recall does not fix it.
Sponsored