Sikkun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Will check when i next charge - however, if thats the case, how is the bug addressed? Whats odd though is that the car remains plugged in with an 80% limit and it does stop there .. so assume it is disengaging?
If your blue light is staying on after charge is finished you’ll have to take it to the dealer and they update some modules. Just point them at: https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/tsb-24-2094-pdf.120061/

If your charging light is going out, it’s probably just a bug in FordPass. Mine is currently doing the same thing, while I can login to my charger and clearly see power isn’t being drawn.
Sponsored

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have read that AA/CP support preconditioning en route to chargers, or should soon.
I'm curious, do you recall where you read that or do you happen to have a link handy? I'm quite interested in this and have been following news on it and it would be nice to know that preconditioning is coming.

100% agree. If I didn’t care about sending all my data to Google, I’d buy an Android phone. Apple at least pretends to care about data privacy. Even if they don’t, at least it’s only one giant faceless company that knows my every move instead of two… 🤣
"Pretend" is right. Apple's stance is a mirage... Every time you search something from Spotlight or Safari that search is going to Google by default. Almost 1/4 of all of Apple's services revenue comes from Apple sending searches to Google. 🤷‍♂️

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
folks it's not like ver 4 was so great... neither really does much... there are some better iPhone car and charge location features in 5.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
REQUEST: Show status of door locks and windows.

A really slick feature I had on my Tesla was a notification that the windows were down if it was about to rain. While that would be awesome, I'd love just being able to see if the windows are down or the doors are unlocked when away from the car. Obviously, I can just hit lock if unsure - but since there's already communication from car to server it seems it should be pretty simple to add a lock/window status.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Great, in order to get vehicle location, I have to allow Google to get the data too. Bad move, bad, bad move.
Ford isn't going to create their own mapping data, so they're using the Google maps API. Pretty sure they also use it for in car nav as well.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
OK, this thread is getting way too long to check, so if this was already asked and answered, my apologies.

I keep my Android phone in dark mode except for a few apps I prefer to keep in light mode. Is there a way to put the new FordPass app into light mode without changing the phone's settings? It seems to be following my phone's dark mode settings. It makes the map hard to see.

burritoman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium, Ford Edge
REQUEST: Show status of door locks and windows.

A really slick feature I had on my Tesla was a notification that the windows were down if it was about to rain. While that would be awesome, I'd love just being able to see if the windows are down or the doors are unlocked when away from the car. Obviously, I can just hit lock if unsure - but since there's already communication from car to server it seems it should be pretty simple to add a lock/window status.
Apparently it's a difficult problem to solve, the OP mentions this on post #29. At least they are aware of the issue.

RandyMache

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach e Premium
Occupation
Private Investigator
Country flag
Wow!!
The ford pass has an V5 and really modern and smooth. Lot of promise.

Official Notes:
FordPass has been completely redesigned - introducing FordPass 5.0.
  • Faster response, improved reliability
  • Hassle-free one tap vehicle controls - no more press and hold
  • Quicker access to key features
  • Enhanced charge management
  • Smart watch upgrades
  • New Remote Climate Control feature for F150 Lightning owners
  • Streamlined design
  • Continuous upgrades and improvements

IMG_5325.png
Enhanced charging? In the old version I was able to see the charge rate/speed, I can't find where I can see that, is it still visible? What exactly has been "enhanced" in charging?

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The new app says "Vehicle Is On" but the car is definitely off. This has been the car's status since the first time I opened the app and saw the update alert. Anyone else see this?

1716503500483-aj.png
Yes - same here and a few posts before yours. Except our Mach E is A OK on the app - our 2017 Ford Escape is the one showing as running. I've tried all sorts of things to fix that: try to start it from the app even though it says its running (fails), removed the escape from the app and added back (same), rebooted phone (same). It's acting the same on my iPhone and my wife's for the escape so....this has to be a back-end issue or something....

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Not sure if it was your call or not, but thank you to whoever decided to ditch here maps and integrate directly with google maps.
Mine handed me off to Apple Maps. There doesn’t appear to be integration with Apple Maps, just an app switch. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I don’t know if anyone else is having this issue, but mine shows that my vehicle is on when I know for a fact, it is off and parked in the garage. This is the 2nd time it’s been parked and incorrectly states the vehicle is on. 🙄
Yup - same here except it's my 2017 Escape showing as on. Scroll back a handful of posts and you'll see a number of people are encountering this issue....

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Huvvah caah. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Unicoi56

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow!!
The ford pass has an V5 and really modern and smooth. Lot of promise.

Official Notes:
FordPass has been completely redesigned - introducing FordPass 5.0.
  • Faster response, improved reliability
  • Hassle-free one tap vehicle controls - no more press and hold
  • Quicker access to key features
  • Enhanced charge management
  • Smart watch upgrades
  • New Remote Climate Control feature for F150 Lightning owners
  • Streamlined design
  • Continuous upgrades and improvements

IMG_5325.png
got the ford pass update last night. Now i noticed that I can’t change my charge preferences in my car. But all the charge options are available on the ford pass app. Is this the new way?

thecodingart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid AGT, Mach-e
Occupation
Former Platform Software Engineer Lead - @Ford on FordPass
Country flag
There seems to be many issues with Android and it looks like your partial to iOS. It looks like there was little testing on Android especially the maps.
My technical focus was iOS, and I personally was able to ensure a high level of quality there. Android did take some paths I can’t say I was onboard with and pushed back on.
Sponsored