Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I want them to make it less of a battery hog instead of adding new features. I have a new pixel pro 6 and it drains my battery maybe faster than it did on my S20. Having a long lasting battery is more important than using my phone to unlock the car and I always have the FOB with me anyway. I am about to disable PAAK AGAIN and just use the key the normal way. In regards to FB integration, I am using Facebook less and less due to ads and seeing more posts from businesses and groups than I do my actual friends so it may soon be a passing fad. I have Twitter, instagram, whatsapp but use it only if I need to reach out to contact a business or someone who only uses it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Noticed FP screens seem to update faster. The battery % and GOM mileage update on the home and vehicle tab more in sync now. Before this update I used to have to switch between the two tabs to get them to match.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I want them to make it less of a battery hog instead of adding new features. I have a new pixel pro 6 and it drains my battery maybe faster than it did on my S20. Having a long lasting battery is more important than using my phone to unlock the car and I always have the FOB with me anyway. I am about to disable PAAK AGAIN and just use the key the normal way. In regards to FB integration, I am using Facebook less and less due to ads and seeing more posts from businesses and groups than I do my actual friends so it may soon be a passing fad. I have Twitter, instagram, whatsapp but use it only if I need to reach out to contact a business or someone who only uses it.
That's an interesting problem. It seemed the battery hog issues went away, for the most part, a few releases ago. If they're back, or never went away, it might be worth tracking it by phone universe (iPhone, Android, other), model (Samsung Galaxy 21, Note 20, Pixel 6, etc), and by software release. Odds are whoever Ford contracts with for FordPass development are already doing that, but it might help with those having battery issues to identify a pattern

node

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER
However, lets all keep in mind that this world is much more complicated than any one of us can understand, and communicate our feelings with a bit of bit more etiquette so that we can be more productive rather than destructive.
You're asking a lot from the hot-headed boomers that frequent this forum.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
So far, the app does “feel faster” but I don't know if this quantitative. Looking at battery history for my iPhone 11 Pro Max the battery consumption is lower so great that they are being more efficient with their code.

Sad news for me though is they moved how to access my Ford Connected Charger, and now it is not connecting so I will have to trouble shoot that one ?

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Conspiracy? Who told you I said anything about a conspiracy?
Anyway... I would prefer that Ford fix my Sirius/radio Preset rows so that they don't always revert back to 3 rows from my set 6, or that random Saved Presets don't keep disappearing and changing into other stations.
Maybe if I Facebook messaged Ford about it?

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It take forever that new versions arrive in germany.
But I hope following bugs are fixed:
- Notifications that the drive couldn't recorded because location tracking isn't allowed. I do not care! Do not bother me with the notifications every time when I am driving my car
I do not need location tracking

- Depature time and starting the car when it's unplugged. We cannot change the timezone from detroit to berlin. Also I cannot deactivate that option

- Last update time is one hour behind... obviously summer time

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Guess I should be careful what I wish for. Got the app update and now PaaK won't connect to my car. :mad::mad:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I got SecuriAlert in this version of the app with a fully updated vehicle. HOWEVER, it's extremely buggy, says the app isn't responding and the schedule is broken. I'm not sure we should have gotten this based on my previous conversation with Ford, but who knows. I don't know if it actually even works, I haven't tried it yet.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Are those the ones with the cat videos? I want to watch them while I am recharging! ?
so not gonna do the obvious terrible taste joke here because my ticket book isn't large enough

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
That's an interesting problem. It seemed the battery hog issues went away, for the most part, a few releases ago. If they're back, or never went away, it might be worth tracking it by phone universe (iPhone, Android, other), model (Samsung Galaxy 21, Note 20, Pixel 6, etc), and by software release. Odds are whoever Ford contracts with for FordPass development are already doing that, but it might help with those having battery issues to identify a pattern
very interestingly to me, I just changed phones literally yesterday from a Galaxy S20 5G to a Surface Duo 2, and while FordPass required battery optimization on the S20 5G including some PaaK weirdness, it's just fine on the Duo 2 optimized but with no PaaK weirdness (so far). (Someone claiming to be) Ford had told us somewhere on here that the root cause of the battery drain was different devices reacting differently to Bluetooth stuff... and the Duo 2 seems to be a better Bluetooth implementation based on the lack of drops in Sync 4a.

I just turned off optimization on the app on the Duo 2 just to see what happens with it.

It looks like this version broke rendering of the home screen, though - 3.34.0 rendered the main page properly, but 3.35.0 does not.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.35.0 Released 1637703647726

Last edited:

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
Anyone else noticed that schedule doesn’t work in securialert anymore since update had it set to a schedule but now since update it’s on all the time.
Sponsored